Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Friday Meanderings!



Good morning everyone,
And what is on my mind today?.... When I came downstairs this morning I was greeted by this glorious sunshine outside and this beautiful cactus blooming in our foyer.

I am so happy that my Thanksgiving cactus is blooming again. God is so good to me, He has given beauty for me to enjoy inside as well. Psalms 37:4~ says ....Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.He knows I really love flowers,and there are not to many plants blooming here on the farm right now.

However, I have not forgot about those daffodils looking back at me every time I am at the kitchen sink. Goodness knows we girls spend a lot of time at our sinks.Talk about temptation.Hmmm!!! Now where did I put my clippers?

I happy to report that I have finally finished spring cleaning downstairs. Yea!! ...I didn't post yesterday because I knew once I got online I probably would stay a while, actually stay to long, and not get my work done. It seems I have yet to learn moderation in all things.LOL I did get to visit last night..

For today, I will do laundry and some light work. I think since the sun is so bright and warm this morning, I will now go for my walk, hope your day is filled with many blessings.
Hugs,
Sue


7 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Sue, Your posts make me smile, and yes we do spend lots of time at the kitchen sink! I hope you have a wonderful walk this morning. I am going for my walk soon. I am so impressed you got all of your downstairs spring cleaned. What a accomplishment. I hope to get my front flowerbeds all cleaned today. So when I sit out on the porch, I can enjoy it. Have a very blessed day!

♥ Kathy said...

That cactus is gorgeous Sue! I have a pot full of cacti that are my favorites! You should cut the daffodils before they start to wilt...it's good for them to have the blooms cut off. I used to hate to cut my roses and other flowers but then my mother told me if I cut them more would grow and she was right! After that I'd cut them all the time :) I hope you enjoy the nice sunny day ♥

Barb said...

I just love to log onto your blog and see what wonderful thing you have to talk about and show us! The Christmas Cactus is beautiful! My mother used to have one in her spare bedroom, it literally covered the top of the large dresser it was on - I always loved it!

I have the same problem when I am checking out blogs - I really have to be careful and monitor my time, hehe, but I love it!

Have a beautiful day!

Hugs,

Barb

Gloria said...

Hi Sue, Thanks for visiting my blog, and commenting...:)
Your blog is very beautiful! I hope you have a great day...:)

Judy said...

OH...how nice to have the Christmas Cactus blooming once more...now it is an Easter Cactus!

Thanks for visiting me at My Front Porch...and leaving a comment. I'm enjoying my firat vsiti here...and see we have many things in common. I'll be back.

Cindy Bultema said...

Hi Sue :)
What a beautiful picture! We woke up to snow today in Michigan, so I loved your Spring~like post!! Enjoy your Christmas cactus!! :)
Blessings to you~
Cindy :)
*She Sparkles*

Carol said...

Thanks a bunch for stopping & leaving a comment on Saturday! I'm very jealous of the fact that you've accomplished so much spring cleaning! ;-) Maybe I'll be more in the mood to get started with my cleaning after this snow is gone.

Blessings,
Caorl