Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

This is how my day went

One never knows what a day may bring,
Monday is usually filled with catching up on laundry and vacuuming, and today was no different, except as I was vacuuming I decided  to clean the little room underneath the stairs where we have the hot water heater, and storage area.
Low and behold I looked down around the heater and there was water and it looked like the floor was warped.
With a phone call, the plumber was out and made a diagnosis of a leak. Oh! really!!
So we are having to drain the tank which is taking it seems all day. lol. And tomorrow we will be having a new one installed. Needless to say our budget this month did not include purchasing a new hot water heater.

We don't have hot water tonight, because we could not have a new one put in until the floor is dry.I never realized how much hot water I used until I didn't have any. lol

I also was trying to find something to be thankful for about this situation, and I realized that I am very thankful I found it sooner rather than later. I am also very thankful for the rain we got last night and today. Thank you for praying with me.

So tonight, I popped some popcorn and we are watching one of the Avonlea series, Rachel Lynn is having a tooth extracted, and the two orphans, Davey and Dora  come to Green Gables to live with Marilla and Rachel, and am I so looking forward to some hot water tomorrow. lol
So how was your day? I hope it was filled with many blessings. Please  enjoy your evening.
Hugs,
Sue

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Oh Sue, Not the hot water heater! I loved how you made lemon aid. I am glad you are watching Green Gables too. I am so excited you got rain though!!! I just sat and prayed yesterday for rain and God answered. I am so glad because I needed a prayer answered. :) You poor dear, hot water is something I need to be more thankful for and a hot water heater. I am going to check mine tonight. :)
I hope you have a very lovely Tuesday.
Love,
Kim

Mimi said...

HI!!!
2 blogs!!!
wow I can barely keep up with 1
I will try and pop to both!!!
hugs,
jamie

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Sue, Your words are such a encouragement to me. I hope the plumber gets your hot water fixed soon as possible and there wasn't much damage. Yay!! More rain. I am so thankful for that. It is cloudy here and we are going to get more rain too. We never get rain in May. I pray for you each day and it sounds like a busy summer for you. But it is all good stuff. Wow, you have a grand daughter graduating.
My husband and I were having the same conversation about how much we work. Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming, doesn't it. But when we are in the center of God's will it is the best place to be.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the rain.
Love,
Kim