Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Psalms 118:24~What a beautiful Sunday morning I woke up to. I am enjoy one of the fruits of my labor from yesterday. I don't know why I procrastinate, but it seem as I get older, to be one of the things I do more and more.. Okay lets blame everything on age. lol

Since we have come home we have been busy trying to catchup. (Do we ever really catchup?)the drought hasn't helped as we are in dire need of rain, please help us pray for some. I am so thankful for irrigation systems that dear hubby has put in.

The task, of which fruits I am enjoy this most blessed day, is the cleaning of the screened porch off of our bedroom.

I don't know about you but once a job is completed I always ask myself, "why did I put off doing this?" Because I look back and see the results and say, "now that wasn't so hard." Anyhoo I am thankful to be able to sit  on this nice clean porch with this computer and write this post.

I like to come here early in the morning when everything is so fresh and clean with my Bible and have my quiet time with the Lord. The sounds of the day are music to my ears; birds singing, a crow cawing across the pond, a mother cow calling her calf to feed, ( even as I am now hearing).

 I also like to come here at the close of the day with my dh and share. And the sounds I hear are quite different there is a quietness about the farm, so soft you feel as though you must whisper so as to not wake the children of the night. I must say one of the most special times of my day.

Enjoy you day.
Much love,
Sue
Now! Why did I procrastinate a task, that brings me so much joy? Do you procrastinate? Please tell me I am not the only one who does this.

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Oh yes, I procrastinate.Which is what I am doing now instead of doing what I should be doing, I am writing and enjoying your blog. I love your porch. What a wonderful place to meet the Lord. I will pray for rain for you. I hope you have a wonderful Lord's Day. Your post today made me so happy. Glad you are back home. I hope you get "caught up."
I will think of you on the lovely porch.
Have a good week!

Barb said...

Loved this post! I so wish I could be sitting with you on your porch! It looks so serene and peaceful.

I just love the peace that the Lord has given us - even in the hustle and bustle of the noisy world, we can always find a quiet place to commune with Him. Thank you for blessings my life.

Hugs,
Barb

Nikki (Sarah) said...

My daughter is reading this post with me and both of us are saying..ok.we want to sit on that porch and veg. :)

Anonymous said...

I think we all procrastinate with one thing or another -- but could I come and sit on you beautiful porch for a while so I can do some more procrastinating - winK!

Rising Rainbow said...

That looks like Susan Winget. I love her work.

Cheryl said...

Oh, Sue...I am a charter member of Procrastinators Anonymous!

And I, too, would love to sit on your lovely porch...maybe sharing a cup of coffee and a chat with you! :-)