Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

When I woke this morning, I knew I had a lot on my plate, as I did not get a chance to set order back to the house yesterday, Why?you might ask. Well, when I went to pick strawberries, I looked and saw that my english peas needed picking, I already knew the broccoli had to be picked. So I picked the peas and gathered the broccoli, and with Mother's help we got the peas shelled in the freezer and then washed and blanched the broccoli and also froze it. and by this time I was shall we say, very tired. Early to bed, and was too tired to blog. Now when I am to tired to blog I am tired. lol

And this is how my day went..

My plans when I woke was to go, sit on the porch and have some quiet time, but for some reason, I was directed to the kitchen. I thought "Lord, you must have a reason for directing me here first, because I really want to spend some quiet time with you."  I know it was the Lord leading me, because everything just fell in place, and was I able to even clean the refrigerator.

I finished and was about to go out on the porch, when I saw this car drive in the driveway, I immediately recognized it, and here was my thought" OH! Lord not today, I have so much to do, and I don't really have time to visit." I was quickened in my spirit that God had everything under control, and not to be anxious about all the work I had to do. I decided to go with the flow that God was directing.

You see it was a lady who likes to stop in anytime and visit with me, she is lonely and her life is very uneventful. Her health is not the best, so when she comes I always stop and spend time with her. After refreshments and a few chats, she decided she needs to leave. I offered her some fresh veggies and eggs, which she was tickled to get. After she left I was so thankful for our visit as I enjoy talking with her, and somehow I knew all was well.

I went in and was directed to finish my work, and I was so amazed at the energy and speed in which I got everything done. I listened to BBN on the radio and was so ministered  to by the music and teaching.
Everything was completed and I had time to fix a nice dinner for dh and I, and as I sit here tonight I am tired but not exhausted. House back in order, and even better than what I had planned. How Awesome is God, He always has my days ordered for me.Some days I follow, but I hate to admit it, there are days when I don't. But the days that I do, I find that things go so much smoother.
What I learned today....
I needed to be reminded of just who is in charge of my days, and God needed my arms so He could love someone. ...

Philippians4:6-7~ Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God:and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


May the Lord bless and keep you,
Sue

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOVE this story of your day!

Farm Girl said...

Good morning dear Sue, What a lovely day and a good reminder that it was all about the interruptions and not the "spiritual" things that we think need to be done, you were doing what the Lord wanted to do and you did it.
It blesses me too. I think sometimes I get caught up with the work side of life and not the visiting with people side. I am sure that your friend was so ministered too.
Your broccoli is beautiful! I am impressed. You are such a good farmer.
Thank you for sharing your story.
I am afraid if I lived close enough to visit, I would just drop in and you would never get anything done. :)
You bless me every day,
Have a lovely weekend.

♥ Kathy said...

Hello sweet Sue ♥ I just loved this! Thank you for sharing it and thank you for all your sweet comments and prayers sent my way *big hugs*

Anonymous said...

"God needed my arms so He could love someone" Sue that is so touching and beautiful!

I am so happy that you started walking! Five miles in two days is AWESOME. Do you walk outside or on a treadmill? I love that we can all motivate each other with our blogs!

Deborah Ann said...

I'm right there with you! I had a woman stop in last week, and she stayed for two hours. At first, my mind was reeling, thinking of all the things that needed doing, but then I thought...this is mercy! This IS my time with the Lord! Thank You Jesus!!!

Elena said...

Dear Sue, this is such a sweet and encouraging post! The Lord blesses us to much when we follow His directives and love on people. My dear husband has been such an inspiration to me that way. Your broccoli looked so yummy! You are so blessed to have all that lovely produce to can and freeze! Have a blessed day dear friend:)

Happy@Home said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the way the Lord was at work directing your day. It sounds like a very busy day, but in a good way. How wonderful to have grown all of those delicious veggies and strawberries.
I smile when I think of the way you blessed your friend's day by taking the time to visit with her and sending her home with fresh veggies and eggs.

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

How true this is! I love it when I know God is leading... then I can rest in the fact that no matter what does, or does not get accomplished, it's all okay! (sorry I am just now getting caught up on my blog reading ... but its okay :) Thanks for posting this ... a great reminder!

May 26, 2010 4:12 PM

Mimi said...

HI Sue!!!!
Great story!!!!
Life is beautiful and it is how we look at things and how we decide to make it better!!!!!
Life is hectic and busy and we must slow down and enjoy the day to day!!!!
Have a Great weekend
hugs,
jamie

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thanks...this so blessed me this morning...A good reminder,
Janette