Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

What have I been up to?

This is what I have been up to....
Would you believe that on the last day of my canning I would get a bad burn.. I was turning the last canner off when I touched the side of the canner, and my hand received this burn.Always a warning , you can't be to careful when working around in the kitchen. I went the whole summer daily busily working in my kitchen, and not one accident. I was so blessed. 
When it happened I didn't think to much about it, I ran some cold water on it, but after a little while I realized, I better break a piece off of my  aloe Vera plant. It relieved the burn, but by the next day it had a blister, and it burst.
I am now putting antibiotic cream on it so as not to get infection.I try and air it out when sitting here at home. It looks to bad to show you, and  I wouldn't want to gross any one out. LOL
I took this photo this morning,the fragrance is breathtaking


So dh has had me on administrative leave. lol I was told not to do any housework, however nothing was said about not being on the computer. lol And.......


as you can see, I have been working on this blog for two days, and boy has Blogger given me a fit. I lost all my blog list, and other widgets as well, and now I must try and regroup.
So please bear with me , please. 


I did enjoy a great dinner last night, dh made it and he did so well, I have to be careful or I will get spoiled, quickly.
This accident has thrown a monkey wrench in my plans this week, I had planned to have all my decorations up, but it was not to be.
I am trying however to allow the Lord to teach me patience, I must admit I have complained both to Him, and my dh. 
Enjoy your weekend!


Hugs,
Sue
James 1:3~ knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

22 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I hope your hand heals up fast, you poor thing, and on your last canner too. Isn't that is how it goes sometimes? I know how you can pull your hair out with blogger. I did the same thing only it took me a whole week to get things back to normal. It still turns my pictures upside down. I never know if it is really blogger or the operator behind the computer. :)

God knows you needed some rest, you have worked so hard this summer.
You might need some pampering.

Get better soon,
Love,
Kim

Cheryl said...

Sue, I am so sorry that you were burned! I pray that you recover quickly! In the meantime, listen to your hubby, enjoy his cooking and his care for you. :-)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Ouch!! So sorry you burned your hand. Hope it is starting to feel better by tomorrow.

Happy@Home said...

Hi Sue,
I'm sorry to hear about your burn. It sounds painful.
I like the new fall look of your blog. I would never know by looking that Blogger has been causing problems.
I hope your hand will be feeling much better soon. In the meantime, let your husband continue to take such good care of you.
Your rose photo is gorgeous!!

Merana Leigh said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your burn! I know how frustrating that can be. I'll be praying for you. So glad you found me on SS. I look forward to following both your blogs. I am so thankful that "My House" reached you where you needed! That's what it's all about! Hugs for healing ~ Merana

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, Sue...I'm sorry about the burn on your hadn. i'll pray that it heals quickly and without any scarring...I"m glad, overall, you are okay :) :) :)

I had to laugh when you mentioned your hubby putting you on administrative leave...but that didn't include the blog :) :) :) So cute!!! Enjoy the meals from DH...and have a great week!!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh your poor hand! I'm so sorry to hear about it.
But you know, it was because I hit my head and suffered a pretty bad concussion last February that I started my history blog about St. Nicholas - and it has become one of the biggest blessings in my life!I love the blogging world! So, we just have to trust God... He really does know what's best for us (even to burning your hand on the last canner of the season too and me... hitting my head on the refrigerator!! - I think kitchens are dangerous for us!) But oh my, burns are painful... I hope it feels better soon and that you are able to sleep well at night.
God bless!
Oh and... I love your site!
Ann

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, your blog is amazing--and so is your other one!! I am so sorry that you hurt your hand...and I pray it will be better quick!!!
And aren't you a dear for typing with all that pain? I didn't see where Pear Tree Lane is...which state are you in? I'm in Louisiana...
It's so nice to meet you! I saw your pic and think you must have been homecoming queen when you were in high school.
Hugs and blessings,
Cindy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Sue, I pray your hand heals up quickly! I burned a finger earlier in the Summer and that was bad enough! Bask in the love and care of your hubby. I hope you'll be good as new in a very short time. Thank you for stopping by; it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kathleen Grace said...

Ow! Hope the burn heals quickly. I burned myself badly a few years ago and I found gel bandages for burns at the drug store. They keep the burn moist and it doesn't dry out which also means less scarring. It gave me great relief. Your husband is a sweetie to give you "administrative leave":>)

Pioneer Beauty said...

Dear Sue,
I came to your blog Via Heather's Blog-O-Rama..we follow each other's blog..Oh My goodness can I come move in with you.. : ) Truly your place is simply Delightful..and I am so sorry to hear about your burn..I will pray that it heals in a timely manner..I look forward to visiting again with you..
May your week be blessed in Our Lord..
Angelina

Dena E's Blog said...

OM Gosh Sweetie,,how awful for you,,ouch!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog,,it sure means a lot when wonderful women of God leave a kindness for each other...
Happy New Week
May God pour His blessings on you as you follow Him~~
Hugs Dena

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello, Next time you burn yourself keep it in water and keep adding cold water as it becomes warm, this might take a few hours of work but when you can finally take it out of the water without a sting, you are completely healed...It does work. You are putting the moisture bsck into the skin.
With a break (fracture)keep it elevated otherwise it swells and hurts more..
Can well and God bless you.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I forgot to add, your home looks so happy, full of love and inviting..God is there. Hugs

Angela said...

Well I just love the look of the blog, it is gorgeous. Hope your hand heals quickly while your on administrative leave..lol. Hubby is just too cute.

Janean said...

i'm so sorry about your burn. bless your heart that's soooo painful. praying you'll feel relief soon.

...the testing of your faith...! girl, blogger keeps asking me over and over and over my account and password. ugh. but i keep repeating, *it's free. it's free. it's free. be patient.* LOL.

thank you for the Scripture. i needed it.

♥ Kathy said...

Oh, bless your heart!! I hope your hand is doing much better now...enjoy dh running the house :) I missed you sweet Sue *hugs*

Elena said...

I love your blog design. It is so warm and welcoming. I am so sorry about your burn and I hope it heals quickly.

Carol............. said...

My first visit to your blog and I find an injured woman! LOL

Hope your injury heals fast so you can keep on truckin'....will be back for more visits.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sue, I'm so sorry about this. I just went by your other blog, and left you a message. But I will pray that your hand is completely healed.

Big hugs to you...

XOXOXO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. Listen to your DH and don't try to do anything you shouldn't. I love that he put you on "administrative leave." :-)

Farm Girl said...

Just checking in to see how you are handling it with all of the rain. I have been thinking about you all week. Did you hand get better?

I hope you have found time to rest.
I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you Sue.

Love,
Kim