Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

My Simple Pleasure this week is spending time with my dh gleaning the last of the veggies for this growing season. This included pumpkins,gourds okra,a few watermelons,butter beans and squash. To some this might seem like work, and if I was gathering by myself it would be. lol


We had so much fun, laughing and reminiscing of times when we did this with our children, and of how small our pumpkins were this year, due to the hot , dry summer. He even stole a kiss or two from me. 


   Most of the time he is out on the farm doing his chores and I am busy around the house, (unless we are on a major project like the porch, which is now finished.)Yea! However he is never to far away, one of the things I love about farming.


This is the last of the season's fruits and veggies. Not bad for a couple of hours work. Time spent together, whether working or playing is time well spent. A marriage is something that has to be worked on each and every day. I am so thankful for the simple pleasure of dh's company.
Blessings,
Sue 
Song of Solomon 2:16~My beloved is mine, and I am his. He feeds his flock among the lilies.
I am linking up with Dayle for Simple Pleasures, please feel free to join and share or go and read more simple pleasures (HERE). or click on the icon.


Project Simple Pleasures2

20 comments:

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Sue, you had me at the kiss. Mercy, girlfriend. That right there is a fabulous simple pleasure! :) What a joy to see couples enjoying each other's company, while doing a few chores. I'm sure many women would love to be in your shoes.

Trish said...

Oh this is so beautiful Sue! You are a very blessed lady to have your beloved closeby during the daytime. You paint a serene and contented picture of a blissful day! God bless you and your hubby..Trish

Jenni said...

The "Simple Pleasure" you shared with us was simply beautiful!

I so enjoy the glimpses you give us into the farming life!

And I loved the rolling pics at the top.... especially the darling little piebird "singing" in that yummy pie...

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing your "simple pleasure" today, Sue! What a beautiful post...full of love and gratitude for one of life's greatest gifts!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us that simple pleasures can be right here with us, we don't need to go searching.

Debbie said...

This post made me smile. I also love spending time with my husband. He travels during the week so I'm even more in tune to it because I have less opportunity to do it.

I agree, too, that working along side each other is one of the simplest pleasures of all.

Cindy said...

Sue, I love this post. It is beautiful. What a lovely and blessed life you live.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Cindy

Farm Girl said...

Just lovely and I love the pictures of the garden. I love coming here to visit with you. I love when you talk about your marriage, it makes me so happy. I love starting off my morning with a little visit to you.
Have a lovely day, Sue

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How wonderful! And what a blessing to have your own bounty of veges from your own backyard! Hope you are having a beautiful day. :) Tammy

Happy@Home said...

What a lovely simple pleasure you have shared. As always I love this glimpse into a day on your farm. Your veggies are beautiful and watermelon in October? ~ how wonderful.
Your moving banner is lovely. I am impressed with your skills.

♥ Kathy said...

You always make me smile.

Kay K said...

How sweet !!! nothing like being togther. may you enjoy the bountiful blessings

Angel said...

What a great post. I too feel blessed to have a wonderful spouse. It is truly a gift from God. Thank you for sharing your heart and your pics. Wish I had that cart of veggies in my backyard! :)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

living and working on a farm looks liks so much fun.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love that! Smoochin' in the garden while you are gathering up the veggies. All is well with the world!

Farm Girl said...

I just wanted to come by and say, I love so much the time you take to come and visit me and I love your words of encouragement and wisdom. Your words to me are like honeycomb they nourish me deep in my soul. You can leave anything you have time to share, because if not for you, I wouldn't of continued writing. You continue to be my inspiration. I hope this doesn't sound corny but knowing you are there reading makes it easier to write.
You were the first person to ever read me so you will always be my special friend. My door will always be open for you Sue.
Your words I collect and as Mary said, she pondered them in her heart. I appreciate you so much.
See I leave long posts too, :)

Ms.Daisy said...

Sue,
How lovely that your Simple Pleasure is you DH! I love that you work so sweetly together and enjoy it so much! I love this!



~Jean

Joan Hall said...

Love this, Sue - not only gathering the vegetables, but what a special time to spend with your hubby!

Blessings,
Joan

SmilingSally said...

I love my husband's company too, Sue. What a bounty you have!

Sunny said...

You sound so much like my Hubby and me.... kissin' in the garden :)Isn't it wonderful to be married to yohr best friend?
We have an anniversary coiming up next week..... 32 yrs.