Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Would you like a peek?...


My home has been undergoing a new look over the past week, I have gone from having pumpkins, gourds, pilgrims and autumn  leaves all about the house, (after all it has been out since the last of August.) to putting glitter and shine, in as many nooks and crannies that I can find. And Perry Como and Bing Crosby have already been singing up a storm


Christmas will be here and gone before we know it, I like to have all my decorations up, and my pantry stocked with lots  of goodies  that will be turned into all kinds of concoctions for family and friends to enjoy!


I find that if I get this all done by Dec. 1st, that I have all of the month of Dec. to enjoy our family,....time for reading,...watching all of our favorite Christmas movies, thus creating less stress, and the season is so much more enjoyable. I don't get so busy that I forget why we are celebrating Christmas, which is the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....


after all He is the reason for the season...
This is what I put in the foyer, but was not quit satisfied so I did some changes and will show later.
This is the victorian tree in our bedroom before it is dressed for the holidays, it is one of our favorite trees, I unwrap each ornament and place on the bed, at this point there are still  some in the boxes. I enjoy decorating our home for the holidays.
These ornaments hold special memories in my heart, a lot of them were made by our daughter many years ago as a young bride far away from home, and when I hang them I am filed with many memories of how she presented them to me.and we hung them on the tree together, there are some antique ornaments too, but as long as I have been saving them they are probably all antiques by now! LOL
 I love these victorian dolls ,see, how she is looking at the nativity. Just blesses my heart.
Please don't think I have thrown Thanksgiving aside, it  will be celebrated as I am so thankful for all of my blessings.James 1:17~Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 
I love to see the wide eyes of children before being served turkey.


We will have our traditional turkey and dressing, with sweet potato casserole, green beans,turnips all kinds of salads and lets not forget the pumpkin pies, which will be served on these...  and will have hearts full of thankfulness.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, and for leaving me such sweet and endearing comments.
Much love to all,
Sue

10 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Wow it all looks so pretty, Do you want to come over and decorate my house? I love how the stairway looks. I haven't ever done my stairway because of the amount of traffic on it. It just looks so homey and inviting.
So glad you shared it with us, it makes me want to jump up and start decorating.I love that you do it so you can enjoy the season. That is always the best part.
Have a lovely Sunday full of rest.
Hugs
Love,
Kim

Jenni said...

Ooooh! Pretty! I Love what you are doing for the Christmas season...
The staircase is just gorgeous!

I'm catching the Christmas decorating "bug" from you girl....

Here's a hug.... Jenni

Elena said...

Your house is just beautiful. I love Christmas!

♥ Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Farm Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.