Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

This is how my day went!
written by Sue, January 18th, 2011

Monday I got a late start, but am happy to say that I finished cleaning the kitchen and it is now back in order. If my kitchen is in order I feel like the rest of the house is okay!
The peels on these bananas were really dark, so I peeled them and put them in the freezer, to use for smoothies, If I was going to use them for banana bread, I would have mashed them up first. I was amazed at how good they looked... Goes to show you that you can't judge a book by its cover.

 My plans were to start on the breakfast room next but didn't because my cheerleader called twice to ask if I was going to walk  before it started raining. I kept saying "yes, but I want to finish this kitchen before I go." I knew if I didn't finish it before I walked that it would not get done. because I had already looked out the window and saw another fire burning, and when I see a campfire it just draws me like a magnet. lol.
As I walked, I called to my cheerleader to keep it going , because when I was finished I wanted to sit by the fire and chat. He smiled! Two reasons..... I was walking,.... and he loves the chats by the fire too.

I didn't take my camera because it is too large, and missed some great shots of the donkeys eating the apples I took them. I found the apples in the bottom of the frig, that came from our orchard, they were a little shriveled, and I decided it was time to let go.

 They loved them, and so did I, I decided to taste to see if they were as good as the donkeys thought. Oh so sweet, I almost brought them back to the house and saved them,for us but yielded to their happy faces.lol Maybe I will take  my cell phone next time.
I finished with 2.5 mies, now let me see, I have walked for 5 straight days and logged 12.5 miles. I walked 3 mi. one day.

Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Sue

4 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'm glad you're out walking!!! Your kitchen is beautiful. I love that center island.!!!!

Oh, I would have loved to seen a photo of the donkeys eating the apples. However, I think that was meant just for you that day :) :) :) Apples are great :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Happy@Home said...

I feel the same way about a clean and organized kitchen. Yours is so warm and cozy. I love the books on the island.
Good for you for getting out there and walking. I hope to get back to walking when my sciatica cooperates :).

Farm Girl said...

I was walking this morning thinking about you and you walked 2.5 miles. I kept telling myself I can do this too. So you are a good motivator too. So glad you have kept track that is amazing how it adds up.
Blessings to you my dear friend

Jenni said...

I am impressed with your "walking tenacity" and determination... need some of that to rub off on me LOL!

oooh I would have LOVED to see a pic of the donkeys eating apples...

I just love visiting your blog.... so homey, country, and interesting. Pear Tree Lane Farmhouse Blog has a definite character and flavor all it's own, thanks to it's talented "Blogging Farm Lady"

Jenni