Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

This is how my day went.
written by Sue, january 20,2011
Yesterday the sun kept calling my name to come out and play, and I didn't disappoint her! The weather has been cold, overcast and gray lately, but he afternoon sky was a beautiful Carolina blue, I tried I mean I really tried to stay focused on my work, but everywhere I looked this brilliant sun just kept calling me. I finally yielded to , and went....
 I went because I felt this strong urge to stop and get outside, bask  in the sun, and visit the real SON, if only for a few moments  so with my journal and devotional book I went and sat by the pond, I didn't do a lot of reading, Just needed some alone time with the Lord. Have you ever felt like this? It is such a wonderful worshipful experience.
Psalms 116:1-2~ I love the Lord,because He has heard my voice and my supplications,~ because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

Later I visited with the donkeys, sheep, and ducks,
and this guy, who was doing some cleanup from the ice storm. It looked like the sun was calling him too.
I hung around the hay barn and inhaled this  sweet aroma. One mark of a true farm girl is~ she loves farm smells! lol

We stayed out and played until the sun went down, I didn't want  to come in, because  it was so nice. I did finish my week of walking with 3 miles , that was a total of 18 miles.

Had long conversations with our daughter and son # 2 , both had a lot to talk about. Another highlight of my day. To me one of the best inventions ever is the telephone, there is no better feeling than to pick up the phone and hear that loved one's voice, unless it is talking in person. I guess you can tell this mama hen is missing her little chicks.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Sue

4 comments:

Elena said...

That sounds like such a great day. It is a little to cold and wet outside for me to spend much time outside but Mary and I went to our local mall and had a lot of fun. She just loves going up and down the esculators and playing with the other children in the play area. Blessings to you today!

Farm Girl said...

So glad you got to talk to your chicks. Nothing make me feel like the world is spinning around nicely like when I know all of them are doing good. Thanks always for you lovely comments and I love the picture of your hay. Nothing better than that smell. So glad you are having nice weather.
I am impressed with your walking total, 18 miles is so awesome!
Take care,
Kim

A Hint of Home said...

So glad you enjoyed your day out and about! It was 63 degrees here and just a beautiful day.
Cooler today and temps. are going south again this weekend. Boo Hoo!
Take care sweet friend!

Jenni said...

Sounds like you had a happy day! Sometimes I feel like getting outside to talk to God, too...
I'll never forget the story of a minister friend of ours... he had gone way up into the Colorado mountains elk hunting with a group of other ministers....

It was nightime, and our friend stepped away from the campfire and walked a bit farther up the mountain, and he bagan to feel the prescence of God very strongly, and then he heard a voice, talking to the Lord, and quietly rounded the corner and saw that one of the other ministers was praying underneath the stars....

Our friend said that he backed away softly and did not intrude, he was in awe of the closeness of God in that clearing... he said it was if that mountain side was a hallowed tabernacle..... and He knew that God Himself was there, communing with that minister...it touched our friend very deeply, and it inspired me too....
God listens to us when we talk to Him....isn't that wonderful?