Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Simplicity~
Written by Sue, Friday, February 18, 2011
The simplest things in life bring the most joy! Just this morning while Mr P and I were enjoying breakfast he said "you look great today, so rested." My reply, "that's because you take such good care of me." Isn't it amazing what soft sweet words can do for a soul,(I had already looked in the mirror and didn't like what I saw). LOL Isn't there a saying "Love is blind? He has been such an angel during my illness.

Yesterday was spend tending to sheep, speck is doing super great, he is back with his mother and sister, and we are supplementing both lambs. She is young and just doesn't know what to do, so we are teaching her.After all didn't we have to have some help with our first babies. Just look at her face.
A penny for your thoughts, Hon!

We are preparing the soil for planting,

 and  did get around to planting lettuce in pots. We always do this first before going in the garden so as to get some early greens. Romaine, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, butter crunch, and spinach.

We are suppose to come as near to hitting 80 degrees today as possible, fingers crossed. Then we will have a mild, but short lived cold front move in. Spring is working her way to us, ever so gracefully.

Today I am  doing laundry, and my bedding is already on the line drying, and you know how much I love sleeping under sun kissed sheets.  I will be making my homemade laundry detergent, and puttering around the house. Do you like to putter?

While puttering this morning I found this... A Thanksgiving cactus, who has already graced us with beautiful blooms, I guess she wanted to strut her stuff once more.
You never know what treasures you will find when puttering. Now back to more puttering. who knows what I will find next?
Happy Friday, and enjoy puttering
Sue

15 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like y'all are having a good day! Glad that you are rested... and I am glad Speckles is back beside Mommy and sis.....

That's a good idea to help her learn what to do....

Kind of a "parenting class" for ewes...hehe.

Enjoyed the photos.
Jenni

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Sue,
I LOVE that Speckle is doing well and back with momma and sis. That's great ;) :)

I can't wait to see those planter boxes full of beuatiful lettuce greens :) :) It will look beautiful!!!

What will you be planting in the fields this year? I 'm glad your hubby is loving on you and taking care of you :) :) He sounds like a keeper ;) :) What a blessing :)

Have a great weekend, Sue. I'll see if I can find a yard sale or two this weekend. :) :)

Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Vee said...

I'm glad that Speck is back with his mom and sis. Hope that mom takes to training real well so that perhaps you and your beloved can get plenty of rest.

happyone said...

Glad that Speckle is doing so well. :-)
I love that smell of line drying clothes too and hang my clothes out whenever the weather cooperates.

Debbie said...

Oh Sue your posts always make me smile! Glad Speckle is back with mama...the pic is darling, the mama looks like a baby too. I love that your hubby is soo good to you. How blessed we are huh? Yesterday, Mel was feeling soo sick...the old morning sickness is settling in...and her hubby was beside himself trying to "help" her, haha...had driven off to the store for the second time trying to find something she could keep in her tummy. (and of course it is 20 min. into town, lol) I told her "Oh Mel, you are joining the club of the blessed women with the wonderful husbands who care for them" What a lifelong joy that has been, and how happy I am that she has him to care for her. I love the cactus..soo pretty. HAPPY PUTTERING!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh my friend here in Texas loved reading out your lamb...she had twin lambs also and that happened to one of hers, she had it sleeping with a stuff lamb...it is doing fine now also.

What a treasure of a husband...God is so faithful to us all in that area.

Your Thanksgiving cactus is beautiful..and you have seeded your lettuce.

Well it is 81 degrees here right now and I am ready to play in the dirt tomorrow...Benjamin wants to plant carrots...now ours is one of those little city gardens, but we are learning and after my tomatoes extending until December, well it seems to be in God's hands anyway.

So happy you are feeling better...after we are sick it is just such an awesome feeling to be back going..I need to not take my health for granite.

Blessings this weekend!!

Susan B said...

Hi Sue,
I like to putter around the house too! It is always fun to putter, and tidy up as you go along. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm glad that you are feeling better. Your husband is such a sweetie! Take care, and have a lovely weekend! :)

Farm Girl said...

You know I just hate to be the one to tell you this but this cold front we have today, is coming with wind. We had those great temps and now we will be sending you cold and winter again. It just breaks my heart. I hope it turns nice before it gets to you. :)
I am so glad you are so much better and I love your lamb. It makes me remember spending hours in the barn doing the same thing.
Have a lovely weekend for me. :) We will be bundled up.

Va said...

I too have a cactus that is blooming for a second time this season! It is gorgeous--even prettier than it was at Christmas. The blooms are a deep pink. I hope you are feeling better.

Trish said...

Sounds like a lovely day, Sue!
I also enjoy puttering around the house :-)
I'm glad Speck is reunited with his mama and doing well. Such a lovely outcome for the little guy!
bless you..Trish

Happy@Home said...

Puttering is one of my favorite things to do. So glad to know there are others out there who also enjoy this "hobby". :).
Gosh Sue, what a sweet way to start the day with the conversation you and Mr. P. shared. It sure is a blessing to have a loving husband to share all of life's ups and downs with.
Glad to hear that Speck is doing so well and how sweet that you are providing mothering lessons.
Our weather is just delightful. I like your idea for planting lettuce in pots. I have done that in the past, but didn't even think of it this year.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Farm Girl said...

Thanks for your lovely visit as always. I had a dream about your little lamb this morning only I was getting to feed him. I just had to tell you that. I guess it must have really got to me.
Are your sheep for wool only? or do you sell them for meat. I was just wondering because I have never heard of that kind of sheep before.
Have a lovely weekend and keep getting better. You are like the sunshine. When it is gone life just seems without color. You go around leaving bits of sunshine at each place you visit. :)

Elena said...

Your Thanksgiving cactus is so cute. My mother-in-law's does the same thing. I love your farm pictures and so glad the little lamb is doing better. I love the picture of the mama and her two little ones.

Karen said...

Sue, dropped by Janette's tonight and saw your sweet face and had to hop over. I have missed stopping by!! Your blog header is beautiful, would love to sit and drink a glass of sweet tea and have a teacake. I've read a few of your older posts tonight, hope you are feeling better. I know the feeling - and let me say thanks for the instructions about "getting off here & getting active." I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Karen

Walk In Truth said...

Sue,

I know you must know me well enough now to know that I'm crazy about farm animals, so I'm going crazy over little Spec, what a precious little baby.

God bless you,
Michele