Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~



Sunday thoughts~ God of all comfort~
Written by Sue, February 19, 2011
II Corinthians 1: 3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our tribulation that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble,with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by the God.

 WOW !!!... "GOD", who is the Father of mercy and comfort, will comfort!! us in all (not some) of our troubles. Why??? He loves and cares for us!!!... Now here is what really spoke to my heart.... we (Sue) are to give the same mercy and comfort to others that we are given by God!!! I find this to be such an awesome challenge for me. Oh to be a comfort to someone in need !! Awesome!!!!

When we go through trials and tribulations He brings comfort to us in many different ways. Sometimes I go and quietly sit before Him and meditate on all of his goodness to me, other times I just pour my heart out to Him and just let the floodgates open wide, (after all, He gave us our tear ducts for a reason.) I am comforted by Him through His Word. There have been times when I would get an unexpected visit by someone who would just listen and comfort me. Maybe a card in the mail,  (e-mail) smile..... or a phone call!!!!

Do you  need comforting???  He will comfort you through all of your trials and tribulation. There are many ways He does this, He always chooses the way that is best for you. Trust Him!!!
A rose from me to you today.
Do you want to be a comforter? Ask God, and He will open up so many doors for you to minister to others. Little things can make such a big difference. We live in such a fast paced society, and because of this so many needs get swept away..... Selah 
May your day be filled with many blessings
Sue
"Lord may our hearts, minds, and hands, always be open to the needs of others."

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I LOVE this verse you have chosen here and it is such a perfect one for these thoughts. I too want to encourage others as much as I can. The Lord has given me such a burden for it. Sometimes I feel like I can't "do" much, but the Lord has brought to my mind MANY times, you CAN do this. Have a wonderful Sunday my friend. HUGS

Jenni said...

Sue, you are such a kind lady... I can tell you surely must be a comfort to those around you!

And, as you said, isn't God the best Comforter of all? How I love Him...... What a loving Father He is.....

Have a wonderful day.....
Thanks for encouraging me to be a comfort to others.....
Jenni

Vee said...

This is a favorite of mine as well. Thank you for the rose. I found this very post a comfort and, yes, I am always in need of some comforting lately. Have a blessed day!

elizabeth said...

Thank you for sharing this word. I love this verse!
Clicking around on your blog....your farmhouse is so lovely!
Thank you for your love and encouraging comments on my blog.
Blessings!
Elizabeth

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

First, thank you for the beautiful red rose :o)
I love your post, because it's just so real,
so honest and something all of us humans :o)
can relate to.

It is, so amazing how things like a smile, or caring phone call can have such an impact.

I just got a chance to view your last two post, so I'm going to leave a comment on each.

God bless,
Michele

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI Sue,
I am so glad you are okay! Cause I have checked your old blog and saw you hadn't posted, but forgot you said something about starting a new one, so I thought you were still sick. So decided to come over one more time to see if you had turned your comment moderator on, and reread some of that post, and saw and remembered about the new blog.
So here I am.....am trying to figure out where to sign up to follow your blog, but don't see a place. Can you tell me where it is???
This was a good post cause we sure all need comfort at times, don't we. Like you said sometimes it is just the lil things like giving someone a call, or listening to what is happening in their lives, or saying a prayer over them, or taking some food over when they are sick or home from the hospital.
There is a lot of ways to comfort
that is for sure, and we just need to be willing cause there are plenty of people who are hurting.

Thank the Lord you are fine and posting, that was a blessing to me today.
Love ya hon, Nellie

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and Amen to both! I receive comfort and I want to give comfort...thanks for the encouragement.

Elena said...

Such a sweet post, thank you! And thank you for the rose too:)