Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Strawberry picking time~

Written by Sue, Wednesday April 27, 2011                                    partly sunny, very windy, 87 degree...
What have I been up to?....Picking the first strawberries out of the garden. among many other spring flings, and trying to decide what to do with them....

I washed, hulled, and chopped them, There is such a great feeling , knowing that you can eat something fresh out of your garden and not have to worry about chemicals covering them...

 I then...added some cream, I love fresh cream with strawberries. Hmmmm! not quite what I want, there seems to be something missing, now what could that be?....

OH! I know!! yes!! Chocolate!!! it goes with everything. I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips with a little water, and Voila! sauce.

Was this yummy!!! Just ask Mr P,  and so quick......

*****************************************************************************
 This is such a busy time here on the farm , and we will continue to be busy for a while. I am having so much fun working in my flower gardens,planting and growing  veggies and fruits to put on our shelves and in our freezer. After hearing of how coffee prices are and were going to soar, I am thinking what other things will be sky high in the future, and lets not mention the gas prices, or  I might get on my soap box! ~Lol~

Planting and harvesting your own produce doesn't take a lot of space, just some work.. and oh! so worth the aches and pains. ~laugh~.  My English peas will soon be ready for harvesting, and I would like to show you how I preserve them in jars and freeze them. Doesn't this pea blossom look like she is smiling. ~smile~

And my spinach is ready for harvesting, (which I will do this week).
Each day brings so many wonderful and beautiful gifts from our heavenly Father, a song sung to us by a song bird, a sunrise so brilliant you have to squint your eyes to see it, a very fragrant rose in your garden. All we have to do is reach up and grab them...... You dear friends are in my thoughts especially when I am busy working here at the farmhouse.~smiling at you~
Until next time,
Sue
James 1:17~ Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

28 comments:

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

What a gorgeous garden you're growing! We still haven't planted ours here in northern CA, but will do soon:)

Cheryl said...

Your strawberries are making my mouth water. (Okay, okay...the chocolate did too! Yes, everything is better with chocolate.) Our strawberries are not quite ready...

You are such a hard-working girl, Sue. I love seeing pictures of your gardens and your harvest!

Happy gardening!

no spring chicken said...

Your produce is gorgeous. We haven't even planted our early crops yet... And yes, every good and perfect gift is from above. What do people do without that assurance? Crazy what they think up. I am thankful!

Blessings, Debbie

Julie Harward said...

Nothing like strawberries fresh from the garden and kissed by the warmth of the sun! We are still getting snow! I wanna come sit in your garden! ;D

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

First I want to say I LOVE your header photo. You, your daughter and grandchildren are beautiful!

I love to hear about life on the farm, and the joy you experience because you are so thankful to the Lord.

God bless you and your family,
Michele

Happy@Home said...

I agree that it is so satisfying to pick and eat fruits and veggies fresh from the garden. To work in the garden while being serenaded by the birds really does make one know that "you are nearer to God's heart in a garden, than anywhere else on earth."
I like your addition of the chocolate sauce. I have no doubt that it tasted scrumptious.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Wow, you already have so many lovely things growing in your wonderful garden!! I would love to be able to pick fresh strawberries and spinach from my own yard. YUM!

Debbie said...

Good Morning! What a nice start to my day...I love as always seeing the fruits (literally,haha) of your labor. The strawberries look soo pretty. And we won't even speak about with chocolate, yum. Things are busy on Mel's farms too. Though she doesn't have her own garden. I doubt it even occurs to her. She needs someone like you to show her the ropes. She is such a city girl. They grow corn for feed for the cows, mostly for their own use, but they sell quite a bit now too. Yes, EVERY perfect gift is from Him! Have a wonderful day Sue! HUGS

Farm Girl said...

It all looks so pretty. You always have the most beautiful strawberries. I love it when you start harvesting your garden.
I am praying for you.
Stay safe,
Kim

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh everything looks wonderful...and so tasty and yes, the fruit of our labors is the best kind. I am getting one strawberry at at time...can't do much with that, but Benjamin enjoys the one at a time
Blessings as you continue to enjoy your garden...I love dropping in and dreaming of having the same.
I hope the storms are missing you all...prayers for all the others.

Elena said...

Your garden looks so pretty and your strawberries look so yummy! My plants are just starting to blossom and will have strawberries in a few weeks. I had so much fun yesterday working in my yard, getting the soil ready for planting. We have to wait until May 15 to plant all frost sensative plants. We have started parsley, pumpkins and watermelon. Mary planted them in seedling pots and is so excited to plant them in a few weeks!

Vee said...

You get up on that soap box and I'll cheer you on. Perhaps I need to stockpile some coffee. Your strawberries looks so yummy, but I think I can pass on the chocolate or perhaps I should just give it a whirl.

happyone said...

Chocolate and strawberries - yummy.
I make strawberry sandwiches. Just add a touch of icing sugar - I've eaten them all my life.

Carmen S. said...

Hi there, I'm visiting from Lisa's blog and those look just beautiful!!! I love your Lucy, I have a shepherd as well, smartest dogs ever!!!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Sue,

Oh, those strawberries look delicious. I LOVE strawberries. There's a local farm here in the valley, Pennington Farms, that are well-known for their strawberries and other berries that they grow. They sell lots of their products at the local growers/crafters m arkets. I love their hand-tartes the best :) :)

Have a lovely weekend :) :) Extra love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Cheryl said...

Sue, you must be one of the sweetest commenters in Blogland! Your encouraging words tonight brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your kind words. I feel so blessed!
Blessings to you, dear friend!

Jenni said...

Oh I do love strawberries! I have been on a bit of a strawberry binge this week already... eating them sliced up in vanilla yogurt with granola on top, and also had a big 'ol thing of strawberries with romanoff sauce... then cut up the rest to eat in a grilled chicken salad.... one of my fave things during Summer is all of the fresh fruit!
And you are amazing, Sue, I can see that your hands are never idle for long....
Thanks for hsaring the joy of your farm with all of us!
Hugs,
Jenni

Trish said...

Those stawberries look wonderful.
It's lovely to see what is happening in your garden, Sue!
You are always so encouraging and cheerful to visit.
Your example helps me want to proceed with my little patch :-)
Thank you dear lady!
blessings..Trish

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Now you know how to do strawberries right! Yum! There is nothing better than fresh spinach from the garden! Have a great weekend. blessings,Kathleen

Sunny said...

I love spinach and english peas... the strawberries I will eat plain, LOL! Nice to have fresh stuff!!

Christine said...

I think I gained two pounds just looking at your strawberry delight!

You have inspired me to get some vegetables planted. Our growing season has just started. Now I'm excited!

Unknown said...

omg girl.. I love love strawberries.. i love them in salad,, in cereal.. just everything.. enjoy.. looks like you got a good crop..

Debbie said...

I shalt not covet your garden. I shall put my own nose to the grindstone instead!

The strawberries look fantastic, and the chocolate addition was jusssst perfect.

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Sue,
Your strawberries look delicious! so does your veggies.
Chocolate always makes things taste better. lol
I have a tiny garden and got a few strawberries so far.
Hope you're having a good week so far!
Hugs!

BECKY said...

YUM!!! Nothing like the bounty of a kitchen garden!! Always love seeing what's growing! And I know those pear trees are in bloom, too! Divine!
Love and hugs to you, Sue!
Becky

Rebecca said...

Oh, those strawberries look yummy! And as you said, you are in control of what fertilizer or insecticides you put on them!

The sweet pea DOES appear to be smiling....

Susan B said...

Your garden looks wonderful Sue!

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day. God bless. :)

Farming On Faith said...

Good Morning Sue~
What a fun post. I love the pictures~they are so beautiful.
Hope you have a wonderful day!