Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Ahhh! Summer



Written by Sue, July 6, 2011                                                 very hot, humid with late thunderstorms 90's
                                     Hello Everyone....
Hope all is well with you I have missed you so much, I have been really busy with gathering and preserving our vegetables and fruits, and doing farm stuff, one being a trip to the Farmers Market ~wink~ Today being no exception, it was spent picking peas, and gathering sweet corn.  They turned out beautifully!


 I would love to show you pictures, of the corn and peas but my camera is still in the shop.  The repair service has had it for a month,{never knew how much I used it} I was first promised to have it by June 30, but they called and said a part was on back order, {and why am I not surprised} they are now aiming for July 11.. I am not going to hold my breath . ~LOL~ I did find a camera that was given to me some years ago by Son #2, and have downloaded some photos, but since then can't get it to work.Sooooo.


I will tell you of our trip to the State farmers market last week, dh husband was going to pick up some things in our capital city, and I was not about to miss out on that ride.....
Was I in flower heaven or not?...I bought some herbs to add to my herb garden. We had lunch at the seafood restaurant at the market. I always enjoy the State Farmers market, so many vendors


felt so giddy after spending the day with my sweetie, but as we got to the gate.....
This is what was waiting for us, Bessie decided the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, she has been jumping the fence a lot lately. Chasing cows was not on my to do list, after having such a fun day, besides I was plum tuckered out, and cows are so stubborn, and sometimes will charge you. 


It was my job to try and run her back toward the gate.... ...Oh yes this old gray mare (me) did out run her, while wearing 2 inch sandals at that. Ahhh!!! I guess I still have it!! after all age is just a number.~smile~
Mr P's job was to open the gate and make sure she went in, and she did...After much thought, I am wondering which of us had the best job!!!! hmmmm! let me think on this !~grinning~


These guys were standing at the fence, and I really believe they were very amused, at what was going on. Did I tell you horses are nosy? Oh Yes!!
This will continue to be a very busy week,  I will be preserving more corn,  peas, tomatoes, and tomorrow is jam making day. I do love summer, and all the joys it brings with it. Hope  your summer is filled with many blessings.
Unti next time.
Sue 

27 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for the update, Sue.
After I finished reading your post, all I could visualize was you chasing a cow, in 2" heels.
I'm still chuckling.

happy trails...

Farm Girl said...

So glad for the update. I have missed you. It is funny when you realize how much you use your camera.
I never knew I did. The pictures you got look really nice though. I love how green everything is, hey, I am impressed you can run in two inch heels.
To bad there isn't a picture of that.
I bet it would be cute.
Well, don't work to hard if you can help it. It was 110 today.
I planted some more sunflowers on Monday and they are already up. :) I have never seen anything that loves heat like sunflowers.
So nice to get caught up on what you have been doing.
Hugs,
Kim

Cheryl said...

How nice of you to pop in for a chat, Sue, as you go about your very busy days in a very busy season! I'm sitting here smiling as I am picturing you in your cute sandals chasing Bessie into her pen! :-) Never a dull moment, huh?

Hope you continue to have a productive summer...with some needed rest spots interspersed.

Hugs...

Julie Harward said...

Such a pretty header! Now, where is that farm dog when you need him? He is supposed to be chasing the cow not you! You are a good sport I think! ;D

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue,

I really like the new header :) :)

Oh my, you are one busy lady :) :) The canning sound slike a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Maybe when the camera is working again, you could take a pick of everything you put up :) :)

Oh, the story abo ut the runaway cow was really funny. It kind of reminds me a bit of the scene in the second Anne movie..."Anne of Avonlea"...where Anen makes Diana stop the carriage, so she can chase what she t hinks is her cow through Mrs. Lynde's potato fields :) :)

I hope they fix your camera soon!!! Love and hugs to you from Oregon, Heather :)

Elena said...

I know how stubborn cows can be! That is such a cute story. I don't know if I could of run in heels. So, hat is off to you! I know how busy growing things can be. The yard keeps me so busy and now we have a new little puppy. So, I am getting a small taste on what having two can be. LOL!

Jenni said...

Oh it is so great to get to visit the farm today! Girl, you had me in stiches, imagining you chasin that cow in heels.... haha!

The Famer's Market sounds like fun!

Hugs,
Jenni

Carmen S. said...

Glad to hear all is well in your corner of the world:) Love that pic of the horses, looks like they are just chatting away about you having to chase down the cow, LOL! Enjoy your jam making and have a wonderful day:)

Vee said...

Is that your handsome hubby standing there holding the gate? And you are sprinting after a wayward cow with sandals on? Oh my, Sue! LOL!

You are such a busy one. Every time I peek in and find you not really here, I wonder what you're up to your elbows in. Glad that you're getting all that provender prepared for fall and winter. It'll be a great blessing. I, on the other hand, will consider myself amazing if I get a batch of pickles done.

Keep having a great summer. Love the photos no matter the camera.

A great day to you...

Debbie said...

Good morning! It was soo nice to hear an update from the farm...you have been soo busy! I am totally impressed you could chase a cow down, let alone in two inch heels, lol. I wish I could come over and make jam with you....soo fun. ENJOY the joys of summer Sue. Love you! Debbie

BECKY said...

Wow Sue! I am impressed at the running in heels thing!! I avoid heels at all costs...it would be a funny sight to see me try to run down a cow in them!! LOL!!

You are such a delight...beautiful inside and out, and your farm and home are so enchanting!
Love you gal!
Have a blessed day!
Becky

Happy@Home said...

It's so nice to hear from you with an update from the farm. You are a woman of many talents and I'm most impressed with your cow chasing abilities ... in heels no less :).
Don't work too hard. I hope you are able to get your camera back soon.

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Your back, and I'm all smiles :o)

I would have loved to seen a picture of you chasing the cow in your 2 inch sandals :o) . I can barely walk in two inch heels let alone chase anything. I just love to wear tennis shoes/ sneakers.

It's sounds like there is never a dull moment on the farm, and plenty to do, and you seem to enjoy it so much, and that comes across in your writing.

God bless you friend,
Hugs to you,
Michele

no spring chicken said...

So good to welcome you back! How productive you've been. Makes me feel guilty...

I always enjoy your escapades with escaped animals. hee hee...

Enjoy your day!

Blessings, Debbie

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thanks again for letting me enter your world...this week it was even more refreshing...I have called Benjamin to see the animal pictures and enjoy also
What a wonderful productive and fun week...now I can just picture you in those 2" sandals chasing her down...stay young!

Susan said...

Hey a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do....especially when on a farm...you should have seen me run when the neighbors dog came over and took out after my chickens.....my grandkids didnt know this grammy could run that fast LOL .....I can't wait to get started on my canning but things are not ready yet

Paula said...

You have a beautiful place, Miss Sue- and maybe Bessie just likes to see if you can catch her! *giggle*

Debbie said...

Oh, this is a wonderful post! I smiled from ear to ear while I was reading it, especially at the mental image of you shooing Bessie in your two inch heels.

Priceless!

I want to live on Pear Tree Lane Farm.

Reginas Cottage said...

hi sue,
what a wonderful post.yep summer is a
very busy time for farmer and homemaker.
nice blog.....
have a wonderful weekend,
regina

happyone said...

I guess Bessie just wanted to go for a walk. I can understand that! : )

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like a glorious day. I'd love to have you join Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Sue, I am so happy to have found your blog again! I used to read your blog when you had the other one and then somehow lost track. Anyway, I am enjoying reading your posts. I grew up on a farm and enjoy so much reading your stories. I will put you on my sidebar so I won't lose you again! Have a wonderful week. ~Cheryl

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You sound like the perfect busy farmer's wife! There is nothing better than preserved bounty from the garden!

Unknown said...

girl i just love visiting you,, i so live vicariously through you.. and your picture just make it all seem so real.. love you..
Have a great summer..talk to ya soon

A Hint of Home said...

Oh Sue, you're so funny! You still have it in you, girl! In two inch heels no less. lol
I knew you must be very busy with all the fresh crops at the farm. It's a busy time of the year for you. I'm glad you got to have a fun day with your sweetie!
Send Will our best!
Hugs!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I always love hearing about your life on the farm... your garden, Bessie the cow, nosy horses... All of it! :-)

Cheryl said...

Sue, thank you so much for the kind words you left in my comments section! They were words of comfort and life.

And there is absolutley nothing to forgive! Friendship...whether online or face-to-face...is there, and will wait while real life circumstances keep us apart for a time. No strings attached!

Continue to enjoy your summer, your family, your work, your home.

Hugs...
Cheryl