Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Cultivating a thankful heart~

                                                                http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/


Written by Sue, Monday, Oct. 31, 2011                                        Very cool, evening rain, temps. 50's
If I could only describe November with one word, it would be "Thankful", but there are many other words and phrases to describe this beautiful month,.... autumn leaves falling,

 "if you help rake leaves we can have a fire tonight, and oh! the smell of leaves burning, to this day, it is one of my best fall country pleasures.
Running and jumping in the leaves..

 I remember times spent at my grandmothers leading up to that most welcome time of year known as "Thanksgiving Day", as a matter of fact "Thanksgiving Day"was anticipated with much excitement. It meant going to both grandparent's home and being with family.
~photo Charles Berger~

 We started the month out with thankful hearts, because it was at this time that our schools really taught us about the pilgrims coming to America,and how thankful we should be. All month long "Thankfulness" was emphasized in homes, churches, and schools. So in honor of this very "thankful" month I have decided to join Leah at South Breeze Farm for  Giving Thanks Challenge......... I will try and list each day on my side bar of something that I am thankful for, I will also do some posting about my thankfulness. My personal goal for this month is to cultivate a heart that is not only thankful in November, but all year long.

I am inviting you to join me and others, as we celebrate this most thankful month. I would so love to read your list. My friend Vee, posted lasted year, and it was such a joy to just skip over there to her place and look on the side bar at her list, so inspiring
.
I know we all have very thankful hearts, but to name  a specific thankful will be fun, and soul searching, at least for me.One thing for sure you will learn a little more about me as a person. ~smile~ I am also looking forward to learning more about you.
Giving thanks for you dear friends, 
until next time,
Sue

Psalms 92:1-2~It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to your name , O Most High; To declare Your loving kindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Sue, what a beautiful post! I'm so sad that kids are not getting the full truth in so many schools about Thanksgiving and the blessed beginnings of our great country. It is important to teach them at home. I am a traditionalist and I can tell you are too. I look forward to keeping up with you leading up to the special day.
Debbie

Lois Christensen said...

I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday mostly because we focus on being THANKFUL! Great idea! Great pictures.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes and Amen..I am pulling out my decorations today and will start tomorrow with Benjamin on the Pilgrims...thanks for the encouragement to remember this precious time of year.

Now I do want to come see your beautiful leaves...and run through them!

Benjamin says hi...he thinks he knows you...so precious, really so precious...thank you for letting him enter your world.

Vee said...

I'm grinning that Benjamin thinks he knows you. Gee, I think I know you, too. Are the two of us crazy? Ha!

So glad that you are joining in. It makes me smile and, yes, makes me thankful!

Farm Girl said...

I was thinking the same thing this morning, I do need to practice being thankful everyday.
The trees look beautiful. It is so nice to read about what is going on in your life.
I will start off my list with I am thankful for you and your friendship and all of the ways you bless me.
I love how you are always building others up.
Thank you.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This is a beautiful post and photos, Sue. I really do try to stop each day and give thanks for everything the Lord has given me. Even the things we sometimes take for granted. We have much to be thankful for just getting to live in this beautiful country. I'm really thankful for all the wonderful blogging friends like yourself. Your posts are always heartwarming and makes me smile! Thank you!
Have a wonderful week.

Debbie said...

Oh, Sue, I could have written this myself. I love this time of year and the things you mention are the same things that are dear to my heart. To this day, the smell of burning leaves takes me back to a place so happy that I don't ever want to forget it.

I'm a little girl making leaf stew, and life is so good and simple.

I also loved learning about the pilgrims. I have had a goofy love of pilgrims ever since.

And dinner with Grandma.
There was nothing like dinner with Grandma.

Christine said...

We can never give enough thanks.
I really like the idea of listing them and watching them grow.

Jenni said...

Girl, you are setting such a good example for me! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful every day.....

And I loved all the pics, especially those dear girls making a dash for the leaf pile! What fun! A true country pleasure....

Hugs for you, dear friend!
Jenni

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Month Sue. I always enjoy meeting new folks who share the same values that my family and I do. Your post today was so full of inspiration I thank you for sharing. Blessings
QMM

Patsy said...

Hi, Sue I am getting you back on my blog list.
Have missed your great blog.