Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Enjoying the days~

Written by Sue, Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011                           Beautiful sunny day, temps. 50's
We took Susan to the airport this morning, it usually takes a few days of adjustment for all of us. Mr P. decided to go to a basketball tournament in the city, Susan arrived back home safely, she and the girls are having a fun evening, I have spent the afternoon visiting friends here in blogland, and have more places to go, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading of how so many of you spent your Christmas with family and friends, making all those memories. This has been so good for me, great therapy!!

This Christmas will go into our memory bank as one of the best.....

We wrapped gift baskets for family,
Finished  scarfs

baked cookies,
made quiche,
Enjoyed Christmas Eve at my Mother's home
The Queen Mum opening her gifts


first cousins catching up,
Spent time with friends who wanted to see the new lambs,
Spa night  was a highlight, ....  hot waxed our hands, and feet!
waiting,
makes the hands feel so soft,
 got a pedicure yes, those are my tootsies. We waxed eye brows,  I got my hair highlighted and trimmed.

Helped Pa clean the barns, Mr P. cleans his pens everyday, and spreads the manure in the gardens, and yard sheep have some of the best organic fertilizer. He uses a broom to sweep it clean.~smile~

A job well done guys.


We rode the ATV

Sat on the porch, drank coffee, and talked, talked and talked some more.

 There is always a fire in the pit the last night of home visits,but first if you want a fire you must help gather the wood.
No marshmallows, just oranges


Special time with papa and Lucy!

This looks like we were real busy but all of this took place over ten days, we really were layback and relaxed. ~lol~ No really!! just so relaxed I promise!! 


may your days be filled with joy,
and many continued blessings,
Sue 

17 comments:

Doniene said...

Absolutely wonderful pictures!!! Thanks so much for sharing - Christmas to me is family and time together doing fun things!!

Blessed New Year!!!

Doniene said...

A stunning picture of you and Lucy in your sidebar!! Two Lovely Ladies!!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, What wonderful memories you made. I loved seeing all the photos; you are very blessed my friend. Loved seeing that you got spoiled too-with a manicure and pedie(you have cute feet!). Your lamb is getting big; I feel like I've just been to your home for a visit and it was the highlight of my day!
Have a great Friday and may our Lord richly bless you and yours in the coming days and year.
Love, Noreen

Vee said...

It looks wonderful! You all looked happy and relaxed that's for sure. Loved seeing your mother and her cute outfit with the red slipper socks...too adorable. What a lovely home she has and look at all the family gathered round her table! Now it's back to "normal" and that's good, too. So much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to.

(Say, I like the Gradient 6 I'm seeing here. ;> )

Debbie said...

Sue, I don't have to think real hard to know how you are probably feeling tonight. It is always hard to see them go....It looks like you just had a WONDERFUL visit with her though, and I am soo happy you got such a nice long time. Your Christmas sounds just perfect. Lots of time spent together and wonderful memories made. Your mother is so pretty...she just looks great. And you look soo good too. Wishing you and yours a blessed and joyous new year!! HUGS

Carol said...

I can see you had a wonderful time during your daughter's visit. Making these kinds of memories is priceless.

I love your fire pit! One of the things on my wish list is an outdoor fireplace.

Blessings to you in 2012!

Carol

Unknown said...

Wow Sue, pedicures , hot choc and family,, it doesnt get any better than that.. I was looking at those pictures and I feel like I would fit right in there..

Love ya.. my friend.. have a blessed New Year

Jenni said...

Girl, I have said it before, just gotta say it again! You are so blessed with a wonderful, beautiful family! And I always love pics of your Mom... she is an inspiration to me.... I would NEVER guess her age.... she has aged very gracefully....but the wisdom of her years shines in her eyes and her smile....


Happy New year to all of you on the farm!

Hugs,
Jenni

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wonderful photos, you have a beautiful family. I'm jealous of your pedicure...I need one badly!
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Lois Christensen said...

I'm like you! Enjoying seeing how everyone has celebrated the Christmas season! I love all your photos! Looks like you really did have a lot of fun! Enjoy your day!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I loved reading the post below as well as this one. What a fun time you all had! I'm SO happy you did. We did, too, though it was pretty hectic. All my love coming your way and all good wishes for a blessed 2012!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Farm Girl said...

Such nice pictures!! I hope you are feeling better now. I love the fires outside and seeing all of the family in your pictures. I always love getting caught up with you.
I hope you have a lovely New Year.
I wrote all my my thoughts in an email to you. :)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh thanks for the pictures...how beautiful!!!!!!!!! From your mom to you to your daughter...you are all such beautiful women from the inside out.

What a memory maker Christmas..with love flowing all over the place and special together time...God is good.

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

I just sooooooo love seeing all of these wonderful pictures. You have captured so many precious moments in photographs.

I have to say "You have really nice feet," :o) seriously. I'm insecure about my own toes, but that's a long story.

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time with Susan, and the special memories that were made.

God bless you friend,
Love and hugs ~~~~ Happy New Year
~ Michele

Rebecca said...

It's good to see you being pampered and ministered to this season, Sue. Praying 2012 brings with it more reasons to cast all your cares on Him - He is SOOOOO faithful.

Happy New Year. (And you look fabulous! I hope to join you with some weight loss this year.)

Elena said...

Your Christmas looked so wonderful! Have a blessed New Year and 2012 unfolds for you! You are such a blessing in my life and I am so glad I have met you in this wonderful blog land:)

Southern Lady said...

Sue, I just heard about the US Navy rescuing some Iranian fishermen from pirates and thought of your sweet Will. I hope he is well and out of harm's way.