Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Who's watching us?~

Written by Sue, Monday, Dec. 26, 2011                                              Sunny, temps. 50's


Some weeks ago I wrote of  having some weight loss this year, when that happened my clothes didn't fit as well as they should. I had put off buying new clothes and just kept wearing my old ones, even though Mr P. was encouraging me to buy new ones.....
I was kidnapped by these two last week, it seems they led me to believe we were going Christmas shopping, but they had other plans.~grin~

I was then lassoed into a dressing room, trying on one outfit after another. At first I reluctantly went along with them, but before I knew it I was right in there with them. Susan kept bringing all these clothes for me to try on, while dh sat right outside with his thumbs either up or down. ~smile~ She kept oohing and ahhing every time I came out with a new outfit. I don't know which of us was having the most fun.~wink~

I didn't realize the mother with two of her daughters in the dressing room next to us , was watching and listening to us giggling, acting like two school girls, and how Susan was so attentive and flattering my new outfits. I truly felt like a princess, both by her doting and Mr P.'s thumbs up.~smile~

I went to  put some clothes back, while Susan took our choices to the register, in a few minutes Susan came over to me and said, "Mother, I have just been given a wonderful Christmas present." It seems this mother followed her out of the dressing room and asked her how old she was, after Susan told her, she said, " I just want you to know what you did for your mother has really touched my heart, I have two daughters and I wish they would do something like this for me."

My heart went out to this mother, who has probably given so much to her daughters, but was longing to have some return, maybe just a "thank you", but at the same time I was so proud of our daughter who gives so much to everyone, doing this just comes natural with her. Susan is a recent single mom with two beautiful daughters, and is now going  back to college for her degree in the medical field. We are so proud of her and how she is allowing "God" to put her life back together. And God always does things right, He is in the restoring business.

We had no idea we were being observed so closely, the lesson learned by us ... We never know who is watching our lives,,, how we interact with others, our attitudes, how we speak to one another, etc.  I thought about this and realized that I too am a people watcher, and have seen some very interesting people and sites, but never thought we were, or at least me, interesting enough to be watched. LOL

Here is the before.. me "hiding" in my over sized clothes as my two loved ones so gently put it. lol
After my excursion with two of my favorite people. Susan later told me how much joy she received in helping me with these choices.
Though the granddaughters are not with us this season, ( and oh! how we have missed them!!) Susan, her dad and I have spent so much quality time together. God has ordained "such a time as this"!
Christmas is a time when families gather to celebrate the birth of our Savior, but it is also a time when we gather together to renew relationships,and make new memories that will endure for ever.

Tonight is "spa night", I wish all you ladies could join us we would have so much fun, as I dearly love you all.
Looking forward to hearing about your special Christmas memories
Blessings and hugs,
Sue
I Corinthians 13-13~ And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

29 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Wow Sue you have lost so much weight. You are always beautiful. No matter what.
What a fun day to go get new clothes!! I think you were given a wonderful gift too.
Well, enjoy your time with your daughter.
Have a lovely week!

NanaNor's said...

Sue, Have I told you how incredible you look! I love your new clothes and so glad your girl was blessed by this gift to you.
Have a wonderful day.
Noreen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Beautiful lady and such a sweet and special time with your daughter and husband! Love the new outfit :) Good job!

Carol said...

Sue, you look fabulous! That picture of you would look so great as your new profile picture! I loved reading the story of your shopping trip. What a sweet daughter you have. Hubby too!

Smiles,
Carol

Happy@Home said...

Woo Hoo Sue! You look beautiful in both pictures, but they were right to "kidnap" you. Your new outfit really shows the thinner you in a most flattering way. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Sue,
I'm so HAPPY that you let your daughter and hubby take you to get some new clothes ;) :) You look fabulous...and even more beautiful in clothes that are stylish and fit well :) :) I really need to do that, too.

Oh, yes, people are always watching, even when we think they are not. I'll be praying for that mom, that someone will show her some special attention. I'll also be keeping your daughter and her littles in my prayers :) :) That's awesome that she's going back to school for a medical degree!!! Oh, and God is definitely in the business of changing hearts and restoring lives..God is the God of do-overs :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Patsy said...

You are a beautiful person.And what a lovely Christmas story.

Vee said...

You look fabulous! (And I think you look fabulous before, too, but that's another story.) I know that you did this for health reasons and I'm sure that you are feeling great! Your daughter is a sweet, sweet gal and I'm so glad that you've had this time together. As one who knows what it means to have God work through situations, I will be praying for her as she returns to school for her degree. That's so terrific! I don't think you need to be reminded, but "Merry On!"

Sunny said...

How wonderful for you. My special Christmas time was having my eldest daughter give up 10 days of her own precious pre-holiday preparation time to come from PA to be with me in KY for my knee surgery. I shooed her out the door just in time to get her home 2 days before Christmas to greet her 3 boys who were coming in for the holidays. The middle son had gone out and cut a tree and had it all decorated for her when she arrived home. Precious are the times with our children indeed!

A Hint of Home said...

You have always looked great now you look fabulous!
Congratulations on your weight loss!
so happy you have had this special time with Susan! I can just see you two picking out clothes and how much fun that was!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a great daughter and husband you have! What a treat to go shopping with a great support system! LOL!

Jenni said...

Goodness, Sue, you look so pretty! I know Mr. P and Susan are so proud of you... and I am too.

That Susan is a treasure! I wish her the best as she embarks on this new phase of her life... she sounds strong and courageous... I will keep her and the girls in my prayers...please give her Joshua 1:9 from your Texas friend....

How I enjoyed this newsy post, dear one!
hugs,
Jenni

Doniene said...

Your are lovely!!! Both outside, but more importantly inside!!! What a special time with your daughter and husband!!!

Blessings

Debbie said...

Oh Sue, you look just wonderful!! I imagine you feel just wonderful too. This inspires me to get busy on my diet again too. I love that they took you shopping. It soo reminds me of Mel. I miss shopping with her so. Whenever the two of us would go shopping for me she would chose things I never would have in a million years, and she was always right. I will pray that all goes well with your girl as she starts this new season in her life. God has wonderful things in store for her I just know. I am glad you all got this time together. Hugs to you, Debbie

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Sue! My friend, you look fabulous! Your daughter made some wonderful choices, and you just shine anyway!! You go girl on that weight loss. I know you feel great!!

I do believe that your life is rich because of the law of reciprocity~~as ye sow, so shall ye reap~~you are a blessing, have a thankful heart, and give so freely. So it is only stands to reason that God would bless you in the same manner. :o)

New Year blessings to you, Sue. You're a delight!

Oh and did I tell you that you look marvelous??? :o)
Hugs,
Becky

Unknown said...

ooohhh girlfriend...you look awesome.. you should be very proud,,both of your daughter and of your self.. you are truly blessed,, and keep up the good work..

Cheryl said...

Sue, what a sweet, inspiring story! I think that your daughter has your heart...she is such a generous and loving girl. And my heart goes out to the woman who was watching from the sidelines and wishing for such honor from her own daughter. How blessed you are!

And you do look fabulous! (Although I agree with Vee that you were already beautiful!!) Maybe someimte you could share some of the secrets of your weight loss journey. I know that I would be interested, as I definitely need to shed some unhealthy pounds.

I will pray for Susan, as I am sure that this is a very difficult time for her (and for you...as anything that affects our children affects us moms too, right?), that the Lord will restore and provide and heal.

Hugs to you...

Anonymous said...

What fun! And what a blessing your daughter is to you. I love it! I feel like the woman in the dressing room next to you. Your blog has touched my heart this morning. :o)

Christine said...

You didn't lose "some" weight.
You lost a lot of weight!!!
Go for you! I know it's hard but so worth it. Especially when you can share moments shopping with your daughter and husband like you did.
We are always reflecting His love, even when we don't know it!

Lois Christensen said...

You look FABULOUS!!! Glad you had a fun day of shopping!

Elena said...

That is so sweet for your hubby and daughter to do that. It sounded like so much fun and you look so beautiful in your new outfit! God bless you dear Sue. I always enjoy in sharing in your life.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a sweet thing!

You look wonderful and that outfit is so attractive!

I am delighted for all 3 of you - that you have had this time together. I am sure it has been a balm for your daughter, and you.

As Vee says "Merry On!"

Deanna

Bobbie said...

Sue! You look beautiful!! And with a heart to match! Loved this post! What an awesome family you have!
Did you try to lose weight, or did it just happen?
Love to you and your sweet family... from Gracie and me!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I can't write through my tears of joy..................Hugs to you all...isn't God good and faithful? I am so thrilled to hear what He is doing in your daughter's life and how God has reached down and hugged you also.

Love you lady...this blessed my socks off this morning..and I still got some words out through my tears of joy!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What a wonderful post! You look beautiful, Sue, and you looked beautiful before, too! Congratulations on your weight loss, I know it's not an easy thing to do. Good job!! Your daughter is a sweetie and beautiful like her mother! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Julie Harward said...

I can see why they kidnapped you and took you shopping! You look fabulous darling!!! Happy New Year to you! ;D

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Can they kidnap me?

If I had a daughter I would want one just like Susan. What a special time you shared, and how awesome that the woman in the other dressing room was touched by the relationship you both have.

Sue, congratulations on your weight loss. Before your weight loss you were just as pretty.

That is a very flattering photo, I have analyzed it and can't find any flaws :o)
From head to toes you look absolutely Amazing !!!

God bless you friend, and wishing you a happy new year. Love and hugs~ Michele

Vintagesouthernlife said...

You look fabulous and how sweet of daughter and hubby to take you on a shopping venture! You have a very special daughter.
Wishing you a blessed New Year!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a wonderful post, Sue! Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. I loved every word, and girl, you look FABULOUS!

I pray that your daughter is blessed one hundred fold for having been so good to my good friend, Sue. What a great girl you raised. She takes after her mother, I'd say! :-)

Love you and wish all the best of the New Year to you and yours. I'm finally back up and running (my computer is fixed), so I am going visiting. So glad I stopped in for a visit here. It made my night.

XO,

Sheila :-)