Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~And what have we been doing?~

Written by Sue,SaturdayApril, 14, 2012                        absolutely a sun kissed day, temps, 80 degrees
This project is almost finished!  Just a few touch ups,  putting the gate back and adding the wire to keep unwanted guest from helping themselves to our dinner.

Savoring a few moments,... Can you see the mallards flying in the Carolina blue skies?
Meet our new orphaned lamb, how could a mother abandon a beautiful baby like this one, though her face is a little dirty from drinking and then playing in the dirt, she is still adorable, and has the sweetest personality, typical child, ~smile~ We have been feeding her for about three weeks.  She also is in need of a name! If you have a child that would like to help us name her, please let me know and I will put it in a hat, and draw it out.


She wants to be with us at all times, and when out of her pen she is alway near by, except when
running around,and up and down the rows in the  garden wanting me to play with her. What we really need around here are some grandchildren to help babysit , any volunteers? ~smile~
I have been busy gathering strawberries, making jam, recipe will come later, and let me tell you it is so simple and delicious.

"Whew! I am tired and need a rest!"says she. Animals are like us, they thrive on love, and kindness!

"Okay, nap time is over, now lets play."
"How much  do you love me? I know my face is dirty, but hey! I am just a kid."

This is what my lavender looked like two days ago, I didn't check it today as I was afraid the frost might have hurt it. I absolutely love the fragrance of lavender, and it is so pretty too!!
The bees were enjoying them too!
 This cabbage will soon be ready.
I must run as we are going to be visiting my favorite garden nursery, and making our hanging baskets today! We have also been planting and tending both veggie and flower gardens, repairing the farmhouse, painting and still savoring our days at the farm! God is good!! all the time , and yes!!! even in the trials of life we find His peace, and contentment in knowing Who is in charge.  Enjoy your day and savor each moment as they are gifts from our heavenly father.
Love, 
Sue

James1;17~ Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

21 comments:

Kim Crreasy said...

I am so thrilled. I thought you went private but i see your newest post. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! Praise Jesus! Maybe I am showing how computer illiterate I am. Don't care. So thrilled! In His love, Kim

Vee said...

Oh what a cutie pie you're babysitting. If Sam or Jake are by anytime this weekend, I'll have them take a peek and see what they come up with. (That would be interesting.) Wonder what your own grandgirlies would come up with, too.

As always, you're busy. I can not get over all the things you are already harvesting — strawberries! Yummo.

susanbeemer said...

Hey grandma here is a name that I picked out for the lamb... buttercup! I love you and are praying for you!

-Susie

susanbeemer said...

Hey grandma i picked out a 2 names for the lamb chicken or tulip.love you and paapaw praying for you both.


love katie

susanbeemer said...

Hello mother,

The farm looks beautiful as always!My garden is a few weeks behind yours. My onions are half your size. Wish we were there to pick some strawberries. Where are the tomatoes? The lamb is so cute! The name that I am picking is precious. Love you and give Daddy my love as well. xoxoxo

Your one and only daughter,
Susie "Q"

Farm Girl said...

So glad you updated. What a lovely lamb. I can see how she keeps you company.
I love how good your garden looks already and your strawberries a luscious. I am supposed to be drying my hair so we can go to the nursery too today. Here I am on the computer.
I have missed you so much.
We have had such rain, we can't get out to the garden yet.
No frost, just wind, rain and hail.
We even have had a tornado.
Have a lovely weekend, Will you post pictures of your new green house soon?
Bye for now,
Kim

Patsy said...

So glad to see your post, enjoy seeing the cute lamb and the garden.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Aww, he is sweet! You are ahead of us with the veggies- we put our onions in the ground a couple of weeks ago. Love your quote- just finished Beth Moore's Mercy Triumphs study of James. It was fantastic!

Doniene said...

Hi Sue, always thrilled to see your posts!! I can tell that your seasons are a little ahead of us - such a lovely garden!! Such a cute little lamb!! I have 8 bottle goats - so cute, but sometimes so annoying!! LOL

Have a blessed day!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, As always you are so busy with the upkeep on your land and garden-great job! Love your lamb,so very cute! Oh your strawberries look incredible. At home spring was just starting, the yard greening up but here in the islands, I'm just soaking up the sun. It is always such a blessing to visit you-just wish it were in person.
Hugs, Noreen

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

You have been busy - with all the wonderful life things...

That lamb is cute - I'll ask my kids if they have a name suggestion.

The farm is beautiful!

Deanna

Debbie said...

Oh it is so nice to come by for a visit today! The farm as always looks soo good. The lamb is just adorable. My grandson Jeffie would just LOVE to baby sit. Wish he could see this all in person, he would hardly be able to contain himself. Your strawberries look sooo good, and how I LOVE LOVE LOVE strawberry jam, yum. But I especially love the lavender. The look and the smell. Enjoy your day! HUGS

Happy@Home said...

That photo of your little orphan running through the garden is so darn cute.
Haven't we been having the most beautiful weather here in NC? I was looking at my one little strawberry plant today and counted three flowers. I was excited by that, but thrilled to see your beautiful bounty and that cabbage looks so delicious and healthy.
I'm so glad you share life on your farm with us. I thoroughly enjoy my visits.

Jenni said...

Hello, dear Sue! Such fun to catch up with you on the farm today..... and oh, the lambie is adorable.... love the pic of her wanting your attention to play with the shoe strings.....

and those strawberries look so yummy..... LOVE strawberries, peaches, necterines, and cantaloupe..... to me, they are all blessings of summer....

Hugs,
Jenni

Debbie said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I want to live on Pear Tree Lane Farm. Yeah, I know... I probably wouldn't want all the work.

But the lamb would have to make it all worth it! If I had a child around here, I would ask them to name her. Since I don't I'll just wait for the update.

It's nice to see an update from you, Sue!

Christine said...

You have been BUSY!
And that what I think you should name the lamb, Busy. What a face.

Your grandchildren's words are so full of love to you and their grandpa. What a blessing.

Lois Christensen said...

Love all the photos you always share with us. The strawberries look delicious just as they are, but I'm sure even better as jam! Hope you had a nice Sunday!

Cheryl said...

Sue, I just love the new photo you have in your header! It is the perfect one to represent your blog name...the pear trees in the foreground, the beautiful farmhouse...perfect!

As always, I am so happy to see you pop in with news of your life on the farm. What a sweet little lamb! Bekah is in bed (I'm up way too late...again), but I'll try to remember to ask her for a name idea. She will oooh and aaah when she sees him, I am sure.

Your new fence looks great, as do those gorgeous hanging baskets on the porch.

Hugs...
Cheryl

Hugs

Elena said...

Your garden is beautiful! Mary loved the little lamb. She loved it so much she would like to suggest, Love, as a name for her :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh, how sweet! The little lamb is just so adorable. And I love how your new fence is looking!
Your garden is coming along so nicely and the strawberries are looking delicious. I love strawberries and wish I had a good spot to grow them.
I always enjoy seeing what's going on at your place, Sue! What a delightful post!

Southern Lady said...

So good to catch up with you, Sue ... your little friend is adorable (I think Sunshine would be a good name for her), and I loved seeing the pictures of your garden. Everything looks so pretty and fresh and the fence is the icing on the cake!

So glad you're feeling well and enjoying things again.

Take care ...