Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Before and After~

Written by Sue, Sunday, May 6, 2012                               it has become sunny and warmer. high 70's
A few months ago, dh went to an estate auction, looking for some farm equipment, instead he came back with two of these, look at the seat, the chair pad evidently had rubber backing and it had been there so long that it was stuck to the chair. What a mess I had,
I scraped and scraped, and scraped some more, and then I sanded and sanded and sanded some more, and then....

I painted and painted and painted some more, quite a difference isn't it. I was so pleased at how they both turned out, sorry I didn't get a picture of both finished rockers. What they need now are some pretty new pillows.
He also bought an old oak swing... I hope to be working this week on the swing. We are going to replace the chains too.  We have so many projects going at once, it's a wonder we get anything completed.~grin~ While at this auction he managed to pick up a few more items.... a coffee pot, and old AT makeup case that needs a lot of cleaning., hmmmm,maybe by Christmas! I almost forgot, he paid $15.00 for these antique rockers, not bad, Ehh!

You know what they say about the Energy Bunny, the one that keeps right on going, well our strawberries, keep right on giving and giving, they are in their peak season and that keeps me busy too. This is what I picked Saturday....

Thanks for stopping by, you are always so welcome, enjoy your week.
Blessings,
Sue

23 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Those chairs look great!! I love the color they are, I think you got a bargain. Your strawberries look great too.
I really am amazed at your energy. :)
Have a great week!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful chairs!

Oh and those strawberries are not bad either!

Deanna

Angela said...

Your chairs look super! And I really love those strawberries:)

Cheryl said...

What a find...and what a bargain! It's a thrill when the two happen at once, isn't it? And you have made them over into such lovely and inviting pieces. I am going to imagine you and me sitting in those rockers on your porch, sipping on coffee and chatting up a storm. ~smile~

Elena said...

Oh Sue your rockers are beautiful. I have not refinished furniture but I know it is a lot of work. You did a great job and I love the color!

Debbie said...

I think they totally ROCK!

Oh, come on... someone had to say it. Might as well be Debbie.

I really do love them and I can't wait to see the swing. I would like rockers and a swing for the porch here. Right now, we just have wicker, but there is definitely room for more.

Debbie said...

What a deal on 2 beautiful rockers! I keep telling myself that I'm not buying anything else that needs work, but it's such a satisfaction thing to get it redone the way we like it. Your dh has a great eye! I'm looking for u-pick strawberries right now to make jam. Yum!
Debbie

Debbie said...

Good morning! I love the color you chose for those great rockers. What a bargain! We had an old oak swing out by the pool at our old house. My oldest son took it when we moved (no room here) and painted it a gorgeous red. Your strawberries look so good, and soo many! Good thing you always seem to have the energy of that energizer bunny, haha. Enjoy your week! HUGS

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Love the rockers...so miss mine, and will have to have some again one day...and those strawberries, well what a harvest you have had!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wow, Sue, if you could bottle up some of that energy you have and sell it...I'd buy some! You sure get a lot done and putting up all those strawberries, too! Love your chairs, that was quite a find.
Have a wonderful Monday!

Christine said...

So where did the rockers end up?
Great job, both of you.

The strawberries look so good. Your seasons are a few months ahead of our and I'm looking forward to these juicy treats.

Anonymous said...

Great rockers! Lots of work I'm sure but worth it in the end.

Lucky you, so many beautiful strawberries!

Have a great week and thanks for sharing

Hugs,
Tania

Leah said...

Oh, Sue - you did such a great job on your rocking chair! It's beautiful!

Patsy said...

You did good and bet they sit good too!

Lois Christensen said...

Those strawberries look fabulous!!! And the chairs!!! What a great job you did! Hope you're having a nice week!

Sunny said...

Love your rockers and swing, Sue, I have 2 rockers I am needing to paint also, and I brought my swing (similar to yours) to PA with me and have been looking for a yard frame for it, as I no longer have a big porch. But I do have nice evergreen trees to set it near. Your strawberries look luscious!!

Vee said...

How'd I miss this? Those rockers look like a lot of work, but oh how beautifully they turned out. I can see from your header that you've got the sheers up...such a lovely look, Sue. It never fails to make me smile and wish that I could sit there with you and sip on iced tea and munch on a strawberry or two. Hope that you've been having a great week and, perhaps in a few more days, we'll get to see the old swing all ready to go.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

What great luck your dh had at the auction! All your hard work turned out a beautiful chair- love the dark green.

Patrice said...

Good job with the chairs!

Patsy said...

I try to email you but it said could not perform this operation because of the default mail client is not properly installed . Is that me or you?
any way how do I buy more space for 5.00 a year? they tell me 4.99 a year.
Help! bennieandpatgmail.com you can email me

Susan said...

Sue, I love those rocking chairs.....I too love to refinish furniture......I also have a lot of black pieces in my house......Thanks for stopping buy oh and I made yur strawberry jam :o) It is wonderful thanks for the recipe
Blessings

Susan B said...

The rocking chairs came out beautifully Sue!

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day! :)

Jenni said...

These chairs are gorgeous after their "make - over" by your skillful hands....

I am just now catching up with my favorite blogs.....

Sue, I just want you to know that your comments and encouragement on my blog always means so much to me.... you are a dear, kind, person with the gift of encouraging others.....

Hugs,
Jenni