Powered by Blogger.

~To live, love, and journal our days at~

What we did on Summer vacation

Oh! yes we did! OH! yes we did!
Written by Sue, Friday, August 31, 2012        still HOT! & HUMID!!temps. 90's..... Hurry Fall!!

We had oodles and noodles of fun.
Oops! try again

Sister  talk ..... Lucy was so glad to have the company, and stayed close by the girls.
One morning when I awoke, I found these two sitting outside our bedroom on the screened porch just knitting away.

 Cleaning the kitchen with G-maw,(my new name). The girls thought it sounded more "HIP"
Getting the slip and slide ready,
 silly mother
 Ringing the bell for papa to come to dinner, the girls really enjoyed getting him to come to the house to play.
 Susie and Susan made a special birthday dinner for me, Susie made my birthday cake, all by herself, while Katie, Miss M and I were busy sitting on the porch shelling peas
Just being a little silly, at my B-day party

Canning peas!!
Silly goose!
 Shelling the field peas,

"It was Katie"
I taught Susan, she teaches her girls, and hopefully one day the girls will continue this tradition!~wink~
learning and loving each other.
Love endures.

Cousins
Miss personality~
 Whew! finished!
Great job, Girls!!
Miss M teaching Katie how to knit
 Here we are having our annual painting of Christmas ornaments, one of our favorite things to do! And just where was Miss M?  Being a typical teenager....sleeping!
I am so looking forward to sharing Christmas with these sweet peas!

Over the years the grand kids have accumulated  a lot of toys here at the farm, when they come, the closet that holds them is explored. Look who made it out of the toy box today!


Susie and Katie had a contest to see who had the funniest Mr Potato Head, they were judged by the other three, G-Maw (moi) could not judge because she had already seen the contestants art, besides I just couldn't choose. The reward was the winner got a pedicure, soooo
 Guess who won? ~Smile~

"I want another chance, I think the judges were paid off."

Katie learned how to drive a lawn tractor!! Hey! you have to start somewhere, it won't be long before she will be driving a car.  And she is always singing, just look at that mouth moving!
They said this was one of their highlights, driving the tractor helping Papa prepare the garden for our fall planting.

Great turn, Katie

We like to spoil love grandchildren around here, breakfast served by Papa, and G-Maw
YUM!YUM! Where is the bacon?,,, I forgot to put it on their plates

Katie caught this cat fish but didn't want to take it off the hook, you see cat fish can prick you pretty hard.~smart girlie~ lol Here comes big Sis and cousin, Miss M, to the rescue!!

"Ooooh, take it away,
hee hee, however, I did catch it."
There is always a campfire, no matter what the weather
 Toasted marshmallows and s'mores a must, we ate a whole bag.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, need I say more. Please don't grow up to fast!!
Another thousand word photo
 Papa always makes a great fire!
Hurry! blow that flame out!!!  "Susan," a penny for your thoughts."

Preparing for a pj funeral service! 
We lost a baby lamb, Katie loved feeding the lambs.I wonder who was enjoying this moment the most?

The girls wanted to have a service for the lamb. Sooo....
Digging the grave, first on the list,

 
Lucy wanted to help, so she tested the depth! "How about it Luce?"
 Papa laying the lamb to rest


painting the grave marker
taking time to practice the hymns before the service.
Marker almost ready, the g-girls named her.
Gathering flowers for service...
Going to the service in our pjs. Why is Papa scratching is head? Could he be asking himself,"how did I get in this line? lol
Katie asked me if it was okay to smile, I said "of course", she did in the next photo. lol She has such a "sunshine" personality, and just smiles all the time. Susie was the minister, and in charge of the service.

Service completed

One of my favorite photos, Papa, Katie, and Lucy on their way to feed the lambs after the service, yes while still in their pjs,  it was early Sunday morning, the one day of the week, that farmers breath a sigh  ~smile~ We have had 15 new lambs born in the past few weeks.
Each day was ended with family devotions. We rotated on who was in charge of devotion for each day, here is Susie giving her devotion, the Bible was read, discussed, prayer requests were given then prayer. Devotions  always ended with a fun game, one such came was to go around the room and give one word to describe the person sitting on your left, some very interesting, and sweet  words, of exaltation! Another sweet game is to take a ball of yarn hold the end and toss the ball to someone in the room that you want to say something special to, they then hold the string and toss the ball to someone they want to say something special also,  eventually you will have a web of yarn, so much fun with encouragement given. We all  love to hear encouraging words, don't we!
Papa and I are sitting here just so blessed by how Susie was able to ex posit the Word so well. I am in "awe", while Papa is meditating, I promise he was not sleeping, Susie would not have allowed that. ~wink~
Last few minutes with family at our favorite restaurant, as we were leaving for the airport.


Ho Hum!! 
The toys and games are so sad to leave from downstairs where the action is  was, and have staged a sit in at the foot of the staircase. "Don't worry guys, they will be back at Christmas."~smiling~
When family comes all duties, projects, ( this included the remodeling) that can be, are put aside, and this includes my blogging,~smile~so we can spend this time with them. What amazes me is that they didn't mind that the farmhouse was a mess, not dirty, just messy with 40 + boxes packed in an upstairs bedroom. Material things are just that "Material", and only temporal, but "love", last forever! Creating memories with those you love will carry not only them, but you through the good and not so good times in life(voice of experience speaking). Getting behind in duties can be frustrating when the fun is over, but I have found that "God" the  One who is the giver of time, always remains faithful, and everything works out according to His will and purpose!
Romans 8:28~ And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to allow us to share just a piece of our life with you, I appreciate and am so thankful for your friendship. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that after four years of blogging that my life would be so entwined with such beautiful souls such as yourself. I am forgoing comments today, simply because this post is so long, and if you have made it this far, then you need a break, . ~hugs and a big smile~
Love,
Sue
btw~ I took over a thousand photos, so I guess these are a few in comparison. LOL thus this explains my absence here.

Post a Comment

Sharing thoughts from my heart with you,

The farmer and his friends
Thank you so much for coming by, please come and visit anytime.

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

The phrase "There's no place like home", is so true.

No matter where I go, I always love turning the key and hearing that clicking sound in the lock of our back door . Even if I have only gone shopping, I am so happy to be home.

Did you know that every home has its own scent, the first thing I do is sniff the air, and I offer a quiet prayer of thankfulness, and for safety.

My decorating style is my own, I decorate with the colors and treasures that are me. One of the things that I have enjoyed about blogging is the difference in how we all view the world, and our homes. Just like our Creator made each of us to be unique, we create our own unique styles and colors in our own homes. I have learned so much from you and enjoyed your homes so much, and have learned so much about you from your homes...

I truly believe that God wants us to have a safe haven to come home too, a place we can claim as our own,... just like us, homes come in all shapes and sizes if love is there it is our home.., if our things are there it is our home. When we add our own personal touches, it is our home

Home is a place we can go to when the storms of life are raging. I often listen to the wind and rain when it is coming down hard and am reminded of the safety of our sheltering home. It is the one place that we control what and who comes in, (well,most of the time. lol)

Sometimes late at night, when I am unable to sleep I will get up and as I am walking across the room, I hear the floor creek beneath my feet, I go, sit, and listen to other sounds that my home makes, a pop here and there in the wall, it is like the wall is talking to me. A home not only has its own scent, but it also has its own sound. I truly believe that a home takes on its own personality, US!!

So why this blog?....
I wanted a place that I could come, talk about, and share of how my day was spent here at the "farmhouse", and about the things that I do to make it a "home". Making a house a home is a lifetime endever, and I might add a joy, as our lives are always changing.

About This Blog

It's just me

Labels

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP