Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~A little of this and a little of that~

Written by Sue, Thursday,June 20, 2013         absolutely a beautiful day sunny, 80's and low humidity. 

Over the past few weeks we have had a lot of rain,over 7 inches in two days, and then some more as you can see here, and 
 here, so much so that we lost most of our veggies in the garden,however, Mr p. has already got  the garden ready for our fall crops. Whoopee! pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn,etc.....However, we were able to salvage some things, like...
the green beans, only one picking we got to gather.
 Thus 33 pints, I truly believe the Lord multiplied these beans. ~smile~

We also had a long awaited birth, it seems Janie was expecting for such a long time, she gave birth on Fathers Day, how cool was this.
 Here she is introducing the little one to Jenny, the older sister.  Older sister is expecting too, hopefully soon.

Janie is very guarded of how close she will let anyone get to the baby. We have Uncle Joe separated as we are waiting to let the little one and mother get stronger. Needless to say, Joe is not happy about this. ~smile~ I say to uncle Joe, "patience my friend, is a virtue."
 We don't know as of yet, what gender the baby is, as you can see, Mr P. is trying to look see. ~smile~ I even tried but to no avail. Just look at this guy or gal, so cute.
 n

I finally finished the strawberry jam making, the last batch was soooo good. I added cinnamon, vanilla,(homemade) ,lemon juice, and the one ingredient that cannot be matched.... "lots of love",a whole bunch of it.
Since the break from canning, I have been catching up on my flower gardens, and 


working in the herb garden, plus,....

I have been enjoying the scenery, I guess you might say I am enjoying the hazy, lazy, days, of pre-summer.
Hope you are all well and happy, my prayer for you is that you are still "savoring" the blessings that God gives each day.
love, Sue

19 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, Firstly I've got to say again how good you are looking-just like a young mom(of course you probably feel a little like that with the new baby).
I just love visiting your place and if you had a B&B, I would definitely come to visit. Your bounty is incredible but so sorry you lost some to the rains.
Have a wonderful day dear friend.
Hugs, Noreen

Debbie said...

Hi Sue! Well you have been busy as always! The beans look great, though I am sorry you lost some to the weather...such is the life of the farmer huh? I got to watch some of the corn planting when I was at Mel's and WOW is all I can say...WAY more involved than I thought. The little baby is just adorable btw, no matter what the gender ; ) Every time I visit here I leave inspired to keep on moving and being productive and busy, but more importantly encouraged spiritually, and I thank you for that. ENJOY these summer days Sue!

happyone said...

Wow that is a lot of rain.
I love how your garden has a white fence around it and places to walk. Now that we are moving and have some land again, I'd love to have a garden like yours. I love the look of it. Getting vegetables from it is just a bonus. : )

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What beauty, from the green beans, to the new life, to the strawberry strawberry jam to the flower beds. Just perfection! Thanks for sharing all the beauty with us. Sweetest blessings to you!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm sorry you lost your veggie crop to the rains. We had much the same problem here earlier and replanted some things.

Your home and gardens are all so beautiful. It's always a treat to get to come by to see what you and Mr. P have been doing. Your photos are wonderful!

Trish said...

Oh Sue, your pretty new "baby" is just adorable! And on Father's Day too - how lovely for you both! Will it have a J name too?
Sorry about losing your vegie crop.
You sure got a lot of rain there!
Even so, your bottled beans look abundant and delicious. Well done!
It's freezing here and we are about to cover our little garden with straw to bed it down for the rest of winter.
Keep well, my friend.
love and blessings..Trish


Jenni said...

Awww... the new baby is adorable... what is it about baby animals that makes us all "mushy" inside?? they are just so sweet! I will be wondering if it's a boy or girl...
everything at the farm always looks so charming and homey.... just the way a Perfect Farm should be...
I always have so much fun looking at the pictures you share!
Hugs!
Jenni

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh Sue! Sorry about the veggies! Glad you got so many beans though!

Your flowers look great! And that little baby...so cute!

You all are blessed and thriving on your beautiful farm!

Deanna

Vee said...

Oops...pizza has arrived...I'll be back!

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry to read that the rains came down and took away most of your vegetables. If you knew how I felt about green beans, you would feel my deepest sympathy (grin).

I love your herb garden, and I love the whole little story with Janie, Jenny, Joe, and little ???

Vee said...

God did multiply those beans! What a busy time on the farm! Hope that Janie relaxes a bit and allows you to get a little closer. I want to know if it's a boy or girl. Your flowers and gardens look lovely. So would love to sit with you a spell on that beautiful verandah of yours! Well, perhaps I almost have. =D

Cheryl said...

Awwww...a new baby! (S)he is darling too!

I always love my glimpses into your life on the farm. It is full of hard work and productivity and love and contentment, and that is a wonderful combination!

We have had a lot of rain here too, but today is bright and sunny, and I must get busy. Weekend blessings to you, Sue! {{hugs}}

Patsy said...

What a blessing to visit your lovely blog.

Sheryl said...

WOW have I missed stopping by here. So glad to see you are still blogging. Took me awhile to track you down as it's been a very long time since I have written or read any blogs. I am going to keep keep reading to see what's new in your world. (When I went to your old blog I noticed that you had been ill...wondering how you are doing now)
Love to you,
Sheryl

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

So glad you posted...I have been missing you. I can't wait until Benjamin wakes up to show him the new donkey. He was invited to see one near us...I will have to do that today. Your canning..wonderful and always inspiring. Your gardens how beautiful and peaceful.
Your house back in order before all the rain...your family visits...you have had a great season, but sorry about the loss of vegs.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

my oh my bummer what rain can do when it's way way to much.. You remind me of years pass of canning -- I really miss it -- I am always inspired by all that you do..Lovely photos too -- cute cute baby donkey..
Hugs

Elena said...

Wow, you guys had a lot of rain!! Mary loved seeing the baby donkey and the Mama. She loves donkies :)I always love seeing your beautiful farm, so green just like it is here in the Northwest.

Christine said...

Hello Sue,
What a great Father's Day gift to you all. Precious pictures of Mom protecting her baby.
I get a kick out of her.

Everything on your farm is picture perfect. I just love visiting!

Susan B said...

Hi Sue,
I enjoyed reading your post so much! I've been away from blogging for awhile and have just returned, and am catching up. Wow, you have been a very busy lady this summer! I love to see all of the things you have canned. I hope you are doing well. I always enjoy all of your photos of your beautiful farm. :)