Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

How about those candles?

Written by Sue, Friday, September 13, 2013         beautiful pre-fall day temps. 80's

Do these candles look real to you? Grin~ I found these flameless LED wax candles last year just in time for Christmas, they were half price and I had a 10% coupon off. They run on AA batteries and last for months, here is the neatest thing about them... there is timer on the bottom of the candle that turns the candle  on automatically at the same time each day, and it stays on for five hours, how neat is that, plus they flicker like a real candle. I liked them so much I went back and bought  more, I have them placed in sconces, in table arrangements and have enjoyed them all year, and now I am about to place them among my fall decorations, I love coming home at night and walk into my  home that has flickering candles spread about, it gives me such a warm feeling.

It has been a busy week here at the farmhouse, next week seems to be moving in that direction too.
Love, 
Sue

17 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Those are very nice!

I love candles and lights!

Deanna

Debbie said...

I love these...I think I am definitely going to pick me up a few. I am thinking at maybe Bed Bath & Beyond? Bet your home is looking all warn and Fallish like.. (smile) Enjoy your week-end sweet Sue!

Vee said...

They look beautiful...where did you find them? I have one purchased in a gift store for a pretty penny and it does not have all these wonderful features.

Hope that all this busyness means the pantry is filling to overflowing and that the house smells great!

Farm Girl said...

I do have to say I thought they looked real and I do like them best. I will have to get some of those too for arrangements. I hope you got to rest a bit.

Vee said...

They look beautiful...where did you find them? I have one purchased in a gift store for a pretty penny and it does not have all these wonderful features.

Hope that all this busyness means the pantry is filling to overflowing and that the house smells great!

Vee said...

They look beautiful...where did you find them? I have one purchased in a gift store for a pretty penny and it does not have all these wonderful features.

Hope that all this busyness means the pantry is filling to overflowing and that the house smells great!

Vee said...

Well, what in the world? Hahahahahaha...that's a new one!

Meg said...

What a great idea to be on a timer! I love candles, but I always forget to light them. :)

Cheryl said...

I love your candles! They are so "real" looking! Candles do make a house so cozy, don't they?

Happy weekend to you!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, who ever dreamed up these is just plain brilliant. I have several of these and absolutely love them and love that they come on automatically. Makes for such a homey feeling.

Happy weekend!

SarahGeorge said...

Oh, beautiful candles. Yes, at first I thought they were real:). I too have one, which my husband got for me but it does not have timer. It is a wonderful feature.

Southern Lady said...

The candles are beautiful, Sue ... and I can't wait to see your lovely farmhouse decorated for Fall. It's always so warm and "homey" looking.

Christine said...

I love my flameless candles. I use mine year round. During the Summer, I use them as night lights around our cottage. I just keep changing the timer!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love these! They would be just the thing for my house. I wouldn't have to worry about the kitties burning the house down. :) Would you mind sharing where you found these? Have a happy weekend!

Elena said...

Wow, I have loved battery candles for a long time but these are amazing. I would love to find some of those. I think I will need to go shopping!

Angela said...

That is a great idea! I love how candles look, but so many people (and dogs) running through my house that real ones leave me a little anxious. These would be perfect.

Paula said...

Hello, Sue~ your candles are just PERFECT!! And the tiny little dress shoes made me *squeeeal*. LOL
Hope you are having a wonderful week.... fall is almost here! YAY!!!