Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"Savoring life"

Written by Sue, Saturday, November 16, 2013                     Cloudy, mild  temps. 60's ~love it!!
✻ ღ Ϡ ₡ ღ ✻
(¯ `✻ '¯)
`*. ¸. * ✻ ღ Ϡ ₡ ღ ¸

Operation Christmas Child, is something we look forward to each fall, after leaving the chiropractor's office Thursday, we went shopping for items to fill our shoe boxes! We had so much fun trying to decide what to get, before we knew it our carts were overflowing, at home, Mr P. wrapped the boxes in Christmas paper, I then filled them, we had extra, so yesterday off we went to the store again to get enough to finish. ~smile~
While shopping, I thought of all the children who would receive a box, some for the first time, maybe wondering why someone would care enough to send them gifts, and for those who had received boxes in past times, probably waiting all year with such anticipation, secretly asking themselves if they might get another box this year. I could just see their eyes wide open, and giggling with excitement.What joy!!

I only wish I had grandchildren living near by to help us participate in such a worthy cause, if you have young children or grandchildren this is a great opportunity to teach them about helping others. I have found that  though children love to receive, they also love to give as well!
Matthew 25:40~ "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me'!!
✻ ღ Ϡ ₡ ღ ✻
(¯ `✻ '¯)
`*. ¸. * ✻ ღ Ϡ ₡ ღ ¸
Blessings,
Sue
here is a link for more information 

Update on the foal,.. I am sorry to say she did not make it, it seems she injured her leg at birth, therefore wasn't able to stand to get the much needed colostrum, needless to say we had a lot of "what Ifs", and a lot of sadness! Thank you for your concerns.

19 comments:

Vee said...

You are going to bring much joy! Our wrapping party is tomorrow afternoon after church. The Sunday School kids are going to have so much fun wrapping and preparing. I had hoped to include my grands in this task, though it won't be this year. It just didn't work out. Perhaps next!

We heard the wonderful testimony of a 19-year-old Romanian boy who was adopted as an eight-year-old by a local couple. He remembers getting a box when he was about five and living in a hole in the ground...no dry eyes for that testimony. He didn't understand what it was all about until recently when God used that memory to call him to missions. Stories like that bless my socks off! Thanks for getting the word out! Have you seen the video with Si Robinson? So cute!

I'm so sorry that there's been sadness at your house. One gets so attached to the little critters and, of course you wanted the very best outcome. God, in His infinite mercy knows...we can always trust that.

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I am soo glad you posted about this WONDERFUL ministry. We have participated in this many times with our church, but not recently. And your soo right, the kids LOVE to be involved in such a thing. LOVED Vee's story about this...what a testimony!

So sorry to hear about the loss..so sad. Guess that's all part of life on a farm. God's creatures are ultimately in His care

Enjoy your week-end!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue,
Oh, it's so good to see that you're still blogging ;) :) I'm getting back to blogging again, but I haven't read many blogs because work is starting to get crazy busy for the Christmas season. OUr church is also participating in Operation Christmas Child too :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

ellen b. said...

This really looks like a great ministry. I can imagine the joy it brings.
Sorry about the little foal...

Carol said...

A double blessing! The children will be so excited when they receive their box & you are blessed beyond measure for spreading love & joy.

Smiles,
Carol

Jenni said...

What a beautiful thing you have done for those children, Sue... that is the true Spirit of Christmas... giving from a heart filled with love....

I am sorry to learn of the colt's not making it, but she had a very caring family to do everything they could for her, and I am so touched by the care ya'll gave her.

Hugs from Texas!
Jenni

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, I am going to be getting my boxes ready today too. I decided to put together two; love doing this and it is such an easy way to bless the little ones. I'm working at the gathering spot on Monday afternoon-should be such fun! Love to see what everyone fills their boxes with.
Hugs today my friend,
Noreen

Patsy said...

Have a happy Sunday.

Farm Girl said...

We had so much fun doing that when the kids were all at home. It was they said more fun that getting their own presents.
I loved reading about you doing this.
Thank you so much for sharing about it.

Karen and Gerard said...

Our church encourages our congregation to participate in this project too. Just finished ours today. We've been doing this for years--it would be amazing to actually distribute the boxes to the children!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I love the Shoebox Ministry and have participated in it for years. I, too, would love to actually give the boxes to the children. It's hard to believe that it's the only gift that most of those kids will get. Great post!

Christine said...

Yes, this project is so special.
Children and adults get such a warm feeling about giving.

(My heart sadden when I read about the foal)

happyone said...

You will sure light up a lot of faces. A lovely thing to do. We do this at church too.

I am so sad to hear the foal died.

Susan B said...

We love to participate in Operation Christmas Child too! It's always fun to shop and fill up the boxes with toys and needed items. I can't wait for our grandsons to be old enough to help!

I'm so sorry to read about your foal.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I missed your last post and just read it, I'm sorry about the sweet little foal. So sad.

The Shoebox Ministry is a wonderful project. I'd love to see the faces of those who open the boxes! I hope the joy stays with them for a very long time and that knowing someone cares about them warms their hearts.

Cheryl said...

I love the Scripture verse that ended your post! That is certainly an impetus for service...service to the King!

I am so sorry about the loss of your foal. I know that you and Mr. P. did all you could. You are such kind souls!

{{Hugs}},
Cheryl

Elena said...

That is so cool that you do the boxes. We have done that in the past and we get so much joy out of it. We support a little boy in Bolivia and Mary loves to write letters to him :)

Happy@Home said...

I know you will be making so many children happy this Christmas. We used to do this when my boys were in Cub Scouts. It was fun to see how much the boys enjoyed picking out things to put in each box.
I look forward to sharing this tradition with my grandson in the future.

Elena said...

Awww, I am so sorry to hear about your foal. Mary loved looking at her pictures. I will not tell her the news as she will cry. She is such a tender hearted little thing. We plan on doing Operation Christmas Child next year. Mary is so excited to do this and loves to give things.