Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Have you missed me?~

Written by Sue, Wednesday, January 22, 2014              sunny, cold, 20's, not used to this. ~smile~ 
Taking some time today to try and get back to blogging, My friend Vee, once stated that the longer you stay away from blogging the easier it is to stay away, I have found this to be so true! Truth is the farm and farmhouse keep us so busy, our ewes have been lambing, we have been blessed this year 35 new babies, no losses, last year we lost 8 lambs. We decided to keep them locked up during lambing, it seems to have been the right thing to do. Yesterday, Mr P decided to give them a treat and let them roam in the front yard, they were jumping and running everywhere, I love watching the lambs, play, they are like children.

 I have finished taking inside Christmas decorations, down, and packing them away! When you have as many trees as I do, that takes a while, however, when it is just the two of us at Christmas I only have one, but when the family comes home we really go all out,that is because we know that they expect nothing else, and because we love them!

 This is one of my favorite photos it explains one of the reasons we go all out with family, it is a time when they can totally relax and be themselves,enjoy sitting by the fire, with a hot beverage, colorful lights glowing, either conversing with us, or just taking a nap! If I had to describe "Home" in one word it would be "Refuge", the outside world can be pretty tough at times but "Home" offers us, warmth, contentment and safety!
Simply as a little child, we learn a home is made from love,
Warm as the golden hearthfire on the floor.
Anonymous

I didn't have a Christmas tour of the farmhouse this past season ,so this is my one and only, until next Christmas.~smile~

 Some might think wrapping each ornament might be silly but I have done this for years, and years, and that is probably why, I still have most of them with me, except those I break while either decorating or undecoratiing, I seem to have butter fingers. I got lucky this year, I only broke one glass ornament. This happened while I was taking the last tree down and was bragging to myself of how I had not broken one. Remember pride goes before a fall.

I wrap with toilet tissue, because it is soft,it cushions, is reusable, and inexpensive,Jack who is my faithful buddy, got tired of waiting, and watching me wrap, he says "enough already".

DH and I decided, (okay I decided) this would be a good time to clean and organize the garage, it took us three days, to dust, wipe, and wash the walls,  go through, clean, and organize the other boxes. When we were finished I told DH that it was clean but  looked junky,  his reply was "that's because we, (moi, tries and keeps everything),yes I am guilty, I am a hoarder, he is a throw away er, why I even found a cord in the trash, he was trying to get rid of, needless to say, it went right back.  And yes, Dh placed all of the boxes on the shelf, with a little help from me, I was the pusher upper!!Just in case you are wondering that bike has my name on it and has been pleading for me to take it for a ride.~grinning~ You think!!!!And that chopping block in the corner is a future project, I am going to restore it, and give to a friend.

Lots more been going on here at the farm, doing a lot of planning, baking (just can't seem to stop, lol),  just nesting. 
Enjoy your day, 
Hugs,
Sue 

18 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Well I am glad you did a blog today. It is so nice to sort of get caught up. It is so true, about not blogging, just like anything else you fill the time with other things.
Your lambs are lovely. I think there is just something that makes me happy is to see lambs gamboling along.
You do have lots of boxes. I think every thing looks neat and orderly.
Thank for sharing today. I have missed you. It looks like your year is off to a good start.
Blessing to you dear Sue,
Kim

Doniene said...

Yes, I have missed you!! Always a ray of sunshine to my day!! Great lamb crop!! We'll start kidding in Mid March, with the bulk in April.

Lovely Christmas for a lovely family!!

Blessings and hugs!

Debbie said...

When I see you post I know all is ok in blogdom. I'm glad to hear that you wrap stuff too. I use tissue paper and all that paper we get from Amazon packing. Glad your sheep population is growing.

Vee said...

Lovely to find you here. I thought it must be time for lambing and that you were very busy with that. So glad that the lambs have all come safely into this world. Fun to see you in these lovely photos, too. Did you have a good Christmas and New Year? Was everyone home? It must be a houseful when that happens!

Angela said...

What a wonderful gift of hospitality you have! And how fun to watch the lambs! Sometimes not blogging means you're busy living, and that's not always a bad thing:)

Patsy said...

I was happy to see your comment and glad you are back blogging.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I always miss you, Sue, when you take a break from blogging. You are a lovely and encouraging presence in blogdom!

Your home is lovely and the glimpse of Christmas looks even better! What a sweet thing to create a refuge for your family. I knew you were my kind of friend!

Deanna

Kathi said...

Sue, Your home is beautiful, warm and cozy. I should follow your example of wrapping each ornament. I do tend to break them. Love your sweet doggie next to the fireplace.
Thank you for your kind words about our puppy. Hugs, Kathi

happyone said...

What a joy it must be to see all those lambs being born. I always thought that was a spring thing.
It must be such a blessing to have such a wonderful family.
Love that red bike. : )

Happy@Home said...

So nice to see you popping in for an update, Sue. That is one of the nice things about blogging... coming and going as it suits our schedules.
Your baby lambs are so adorable and look so happy running around in the open air.
I enjoyed all of the glimpses of the farmhouse at Christmastime. Everything looks so warm and welcoming.
I can relate to the wrapping of the ornaments. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, so glad you shared these pics with us. Those lambs are so precious. My little Princess would LOVE to see them.

Your Christmas decor is so lovely and it's obvious the pains you go to with them. I am very, very particular about how I put my decorations up too.

Good to hear from you!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Love seeing you and can't wait to show the Benjamin the lambs.
Your home reflects your warmth..and boy do you have the energy. I hope your visit with your daughter was wonderful. Miss you on blog land, but lately I haven't been keeping up either.
Hugs and blessings!!

Cheryl said...

Did I miss you? You bet I did!! You have been my blog buddy for quite a few years now, and even when I don't see you for a while, I think of you and wonder how you're doing...and I am always glad when you pop in for a little visit.

As always, you have been a busy girl! I know you enjoyed having your family there for Christmas, and I am sure that you pampered them.

Loved seeing the photos of you, dear friend!

Debbie said...

Well I have certainly missed you and it was sure nice to catch up a bit. I too wrap almost all of my ornaments. Some go right back in their original boxes...dumb maybe, but they have lasted (some of them 39 years!) I think your garage looks wonderfully organized. There are soo many things like that we should do but I just never want to whne we actually have the time. Hope your Christmas was wonderful. Your glimpses looked beautiful as always. The lambs are so sweet. Enjoy your week sweet Sue!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You've been missed and it's good to see you again! I wrap all my Christmas things, too. Some of the ornaments go back in the original boxes and then get stacked in a tote.
Your house looks pretty and Jack looks so cute by the fireplace.

Elena said...

Dear Sue, It is so good to hear from you again. You look so happy and glowing with health in your pictures. It so warms my heart. I loved your quote about home and my feeling too! God bless you and your beautiful farm house!

Debbie said...

So glad to see you back, and I agree with Vee. (No surprise because I tend to agree with Vee on a regular basis.)

I find that for ME, when I stop blogging myself, I get disconnected from the blog world entirely. I will walk a broad path around the computer. It's as if I can't handle reading when I'm struggling with blog malaise. (Not a pretty quality in me, but it's the way it is.) I get "anxious" for lack of a better word by reading blogs when I am not able to write.

So... I step away. Yet the stupid part is that it is the READING that drew me in to begin with. I find facebook, etc. to be downers, but I find my blog friends to be inspiring.

Said all that to say that I'm glad you are back and loved your Christmas at Pear Tree Lane Farm.

Anonymous said...

The lambs are so sweet and fun to watch. Your home looks so cozy with the Christmas lights glowing. Wishing you and yours many blessings in the new year.