Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"Sister Love"

Written by Sue, Monday, February 10, 2014...... cloudy, cold, 40's getting ready for more snow tomorrow.

February is considered the month of "Love". Love is expressed in many ways, we express it verbally, we express it by giving lots of hugs and kisses, and we express it by the  giving of gifts. I love to do all three. Today I am going to share of the love between two sisters, my older sister, Mary and I, we are fairly close in age, and have shared many things in our life,... well kept secrets, clothes, and a camaraderie that has lasted all of our life. I can  call her anytime night or day, and she is there to listen, give advice, cry and laugh with me, but most of all she will and does pray for me, and my family! I am blessed to have two wonderful mentors in my life, my Mom and my sister Mary!
They love our grandchildren so much!

Ooops, I forgot to take my apron off! (this photo was taken a few years ago!)

I also want share of how she shows love through her generosity, Mary loves being a homemaker,she is always going to home shows with her husband, Steve,if she finds something for herself, she will either buy one for my Mom and I or tell us about this wonderful gadget she has found.
We both love dinnerware which includes fine china, about seven years ago, I mentioned a Lenox fine china Christmas pattern I was interested in, for Christmas that year I got a 5 piece place setting, from her and Steve, and have received one each year since. This year I did indeed receive another place setting, but

 I also received a little something extra, this is the neatest gadget.

I absolutely love it, it is a dish drainer that electrically dries your dishes, ... no more water spots, and by the time I have wiped the counter tops, and appliances, the dishes are dry and ready to be put away. You should see how they glisten! Did I mention how much I love this "gadget"?~smile~

Last week was very busy, and emotionally draining, we had two deaths in my dh's family, and a very crucial heart surgery for my SIL, I am so happy to report that SIL is doing well. The families who lost loved ones need our prayers, as they are grieving!

Love was expressed to all of mankind many years ago, by our heavenly Father, when He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, through a sacrificial death, burial and resurrection, so that  we may have the "GIFT"of eternal life! This is the most precius gift of "LOVE"I have ever received, as we all know material gifts, break, and fade away, but this gift is "ETERNAL"!

John 3:16~ For God so loved the world (us) that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life!
Love,
Sue




20 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sue, I am so sorry to hear of the deaths in your family and am relieved to hear of the successful surgery for your SIL. That has to be hard, and I pray The Lord grants you all peace and rest.

What a lovely china pattern and an even lovely sister! This is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Love you,

Sheila

Patsy said...

I also express my sympathy to your family and happy for the successful surgery. What a joy to have a loving sister.
A hug to you

Anonymous said...

So thankful that your sil is doing well. My deepest sympathy in the loss of 2 family members.
What a lovely post about your sister and her husband and the love each member of your family shares. In times of loss, it is a blessing to know that we have Eternal Life through Jesus.

Anonymous said...

p.s. I had never seen the dish drying gadget. That's awesome and I thank you for sharing.

ellen b. said...

So sorry for the grieving and glad the surgery went well.
About that gadget...very cool. I've never seen anything like it before today.

Vee said...

Oh I am so sorry to learn of these double losses. How very sad. Grieving seasons are so intense... Praying for your dh's family. Is SIL his sister? Your son-in-law? Glad for the good outcome with the heart surgery.

Your sister is a peach! And she's so pretty! Like you! (Now I need to look for a gadget like yours! )

Christine said...

You have a special sister, who loves you very much.
I don't have a sister and have always looked at sisters with a smile.
I have a huge smile right now.

Cheryl said...

Oh, so sorry to hear of the deaths in your family, Sue. Those are such draining times. I pray that your family is comforted by our loving Lord...

Now that sister of yours...what a treasure! She seems so thoughtful and sweet. I suspect it runs in the family!

Hugs...
Cheryl

Debbie said...

Sue I am so sorry to hear about the losses in the family. So sad and I will keep you all in prayer for sure. What a blessing you have had in your sister. I too have an older sister (by only 18 months) and know personally of the things that you are talking about here. I have two younger sisters as well, but the older one and I share sooo much in common it can sometimes almost be uncanny. How blessed by God we have been in this area. The china is BEAUTIFUL. I do love it. What a wonderful thing for her to do! Several years ago I too got some Lenox Christmas pattern dishes that I just cherish. Too long of a story to go into here about how it came about, but really pretty special too. But how right you are of course. Eternal life is a gift for all, and is obviously the best gift any of us can ever receive. This whole post, while sad in places of course, just warmed my heart and made me smile. Blessings and hugs to you! Debbie

Debbie said...

Being one who totally loves her sister(s) too, I happen to totally love your post in tribute to her. She clearly has the family beauty gene like you and your mom. She actually reminds me of someone famous, but I can't figure out who it is. (I always think your mom reminds me of Debbie Reynolds.)

I want to research that little dish drying thingie. I get sick of the way we leave ours out on the counter to dry but never do anything about it.

Angela said...

I love how you and your sister are such good friends! I love my sister (who is a little bit younger than me) too. She is crafty and has made me so many nice things over the years. I am sorry about death and surgery, it seems like every year there is more of that to face. I guess God keeps reminding me that this life is not all there is.

On another note, I have never heard of an electric dish drainer!! What a useful present!

happyone said...

What a cool gadget that is. I've never seen one.

How wonderful that you and your sister are friends and are close.
My mom's sister just died a few days ago. But unlike you and your sister, they had a falling out years ago and didn't talk for the past 45 years!!! So sad, isn't it?!!!

happyone said...

So sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. Glad to hear that your SIL is doing well.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sue,

I am sorry about your losses. So hard. I am trusting your SIL to the one who holds all things in HIS hands.

Your sister is a treasure. You both are such lovely women.

Deanna

Farm Girl said...

I am so sorry for your losses and I will lift them up in prayer. Glad your SIL is doing will with heart surgery.
So nice you have your sister close to you. Sisters are special.
I love the picture with all of the girls. Just lovely.
Have a lovely day Sue, stay warm.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

So sorry for your loss. Even when we know the Lord is with them it still hurts this side of heaven. It does make heaven even sweeter.
Sorry about the surgery, but glad all is going well.
Yes, love..what a precious post. Sister love is a blessing and not everyone has the joy of knowing that.
Happy Valentines day...hugs!

Elena said...

What a blessing to have a close sister! I love your dish dryer too! God bless you dear Sue. You are such a blessing.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, You are a blessed woman indeed-with your mom and sister still with you. How wonderful that you are so close. What a generous heart she has as well-I'm sure you are the same with her.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Noreen

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

What a great post! There is nothing like the love between two sisters. I have a sister, who is just 16 months younger than me, and we are best friends. Your sister is beautiful, just like you!

I love the dish drainer! What a great idea! And, what a great sister!

Hugs,
Barb

Kathi said...

Sue, I'm so sorry about the deaths in your family, and also the surgery your SIL had to have. I hope and pray for those grieving and also pray your SIL recovers quickly. I'm so happy you have a dear sister. I too, know exactly what that means; a precious treasure from the Lord. Your sister is thoughtful and sweet. I love that dish dryer. What a sweet post honor your friendship with your sister Mary. Love, Kathi