Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~New found treasures~

Written by Sue, Thursday, March 20, 2014                                  sunny, temps. 60's 


"Welcome Spring"
We had scheduled to work outside Saturday, But Dh had other plans, he wanted us to take the day off and ride through the country. When someone, who lives in the country, wants to take a ride in the country, you can say "They are country folks."~smile~ Midway through our site seeing we came to a little town that had a lot of antique shops, naturally we had to stop.


 When I say small town, I mean a small town, this country girl loves this town, it is one my grandparents shopped in when I was a little girl, this is where they bought, their chicks, seeds and fertilizer in spring., I like the fact that it has not gone the way of so many small towns, you know Wal-mart, etc. I am so glad there is a little Americana left for us to reminisce and enjoy. OH !well!

I had twenty dollars that was burning a hole in my pocket so looking for treasures was what I did on our pit stop. Indeed I  found some treasures, this little girl being one,and  I just couldn't  pass her by, too sweet to leave in that cold shop. I am thinking maybe a African Violet would do well in her basket.
 Here's another, birds are a favorite of mine, love the colors,
 Isn't he the cutest, I think he needs something in his cart, hmmm, maybe some eggs for Easter. Last week my friend Mildred at  Blackberry Lane  showed us a burro she had that was a family heirloom that reminded me of one my grandmother had, low and behold what did I find amongst all those treasures in the Korner Flea Mart

Here are my treasures grouped together , now I must find the perfect place for them, I handed the lady  the twenty dollars and got some change back.~Grin~

I started writing this post  on Monday but was pleasantly interrupted by an invitation to lunch from my mother, needless to say dh and I jumped at the chance to visit with her. While sitting at the table Mother reaches in her purse and out comes this lipstick, with the instruction to "try this". I am thinking "okay, it's St. Patrick's Day and she wants me to wear green lipstick." What a surprise, it came out a beautiful pink, (see my lip print) best of all it stayed on longer than most of my lipsticks, it is made in the good old USA, and it came home with me. ~smile~ How cool is this?
The rest of the week is suppose to be sunny and warm, Guess where I will be?.... Garden here I come.

Enjoy your day,
Sue


22 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your cute, treasures, Sue, and that lipstick is fun! I wonder how it does that???

I love small towns,too. They are the best!

Have fun in your garden...

xo

Sheila

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

What a truly delightful post. It just gives me warm fuzzies and I am ready for a ride in the country. Your treasures are great and that spunk from your mom with the lip stick, well her daughter posses that too.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I have always lived in a small town growing up and loved it but I did say at one time that I would like to experience the big city for a little while and I got my wish. So for a few years of marriage life we lived in the bog city but I rather be in the country with a little town near by.. Cool lip stick I'll have to check it out..
Antique shops I enjoy stopping at them when we take trips too.
Have a great day playing in the garden..
Hugs

Farm Girl said...

What a fun little trip.
I love all of your really cute treasures. I also like you have so many nice memories associated with this little town.
How nice that your Mom bought you some lipstick and took you out to lunch. How wonderful that you have that.
Well I hope the first day of spring is wonderful for you.

Happy@Home said...

I share your love of small towns. I'd much rather shop this way than Walmart any day. We just returned from a trip to a small town in SC. It was evident that in it's day it was a thriving mill town. Sadly almost everything was closed down now. There was one little antique shop left and I did my best to help them stay afloat. Ha!
I think you did well with your $20. Sweet little treasures that will be fun to play with.
I am intrigued by that mood lipstick. I've never seen anything like it. I must say the pink is preferable to green lips.
Happy Spring to you, Sue.

Debbie said...

Well I certainly enjoyed taking that little drive with you. I love a little town like that too, and you got some cute little treasures. I am liking the African violet idea as well. Lipstick looks nice. Enjoy that warm sunshine and your garden adventures! HUGS

ellen b. said...

Fun treasures. I love to poke around the shops in small towns. Interesting lip stick!

Patsy said...

Happy Spring!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

How fun! I love the look of that little town!

I love finding treasures.

Deanna

happyone said...

I like small towns too and live in a very small one. Population about 350. The Walmart is 20 miles down the road.

Love your planters. I have collection of white ones. The little birds are cute too.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Oh I love visiting your area! The small town reminds me of ours; love little antique stores-what a fun day you and hubby had! Glad you had fun with collections.
I weeded yesterday and was so sore last night. Have fun in the garden.
Hugs,
Noreen

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You found some cute little treasures, Sue! I live in a small town and love them, too, and I hate that WalMart is hurting so many of them and causing store closings.

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I love little treasure hunts in fun stores! Your treasures are adorable, they will be so cute for Springtime decorating.

I remember that lipstick! What a fun memory for me, I didn't realize it was still around! I loved it!

Hugs,
Barb

Cheryl said...

What a delightful day you spent with Mr. P! Don't you just love when you come away with a treasure (or two or three!) and some change to boot? Success!! :D

Elena said...

Your garden looks so beautiful! We are just digging up ours and seeing some early signs of spring. I love your treasures too. I told Mary we need to go to our local thrift store and find some treasures for Easter. Have a wonderful day dear friend!

podso said...

I love those small town wanderings. You found some delightful treasures. It's going to be a beautiful work in the garden day here today too.

This N That said...

Cute treasures Sue..Love the little cart..Going to do some things outside today..Feed things, wash windows..

Southern Lady said...

I love each and every one of your treasures, Sue ... and I know you'll find the perfect spot for them.

Have fun diggin' in the dirt!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, the Mood Lips lipstick is so cool! And your little treasures are so sweet! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your delightful gardens.

Angela said...

My husband and I love to go for a drive in the country, too. We found some country to drive in even when we lived in Miami! I have been catching up on my blog reading and am happy to see that your pear trees are now in bloom:)

Anonymous said...

Mood lips, LOL!
I'm loving your Sunday Shepherd post, and gazing at the Bradford Pears.
I took a little vacation gazing at your header. ;)

SarahGeorge said...

What a cute and cheerful post! :) The lipstick was fun and the treasures you found are simply beautiful!! The post on the Sunday Thoughts was very helpful. How is good our God!