Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"Gathering the Moments"April~

Written by Sue, Wednesday, April 30, 2014         rain, thunderstorms, and tornado watches, temps. 80's
April started off with much chores to be done, when you have a big day ahead of you, a big country breakfast is a must! I love herbs and have grown them for years, replenishing the herb garden was on our to do list this year, and of course beautiful colorful flowers were on the list too! Our asparagus began producing, and is still enjoyed.

Add caption
In the second week of April, I began to think of spring decorating, so out came the rabbits, I took early morning walks, saw spring coming forth with new life! The eggs were laid by a sand fiddler in the walkway, so much for sand. The dandelion in both stages, flower and seed, Do you like to pick dandelions and blow the seed away, I do! I found the blueberry bushes full of bees! 


Moving right along..Sometimes Mr P. will let the sheep graze the front lawn, I love to watch them, we have had an abundance of rain this April, my ferns are thriving on the porch, and of course after a long day of digging, we eat another hardy meal, our dear Lucy makes the best Shepherdess, she is so gentle, but firm in herding them.


The previous photos led up to a week ending in celebration of a most Holy Day, that is Resurrection Sunday, which was a time of remembrance of this most Blessed Day, family fellowship and lunch at My Mom's. Do you ever go outside the norm, we did  My mother usually sets her table with her fine china, and silver, this Easter we all voted to go casual, to finish cleanup in a hurry, to be able to spend longer fellowship time together, as some had to leave early to go back home. Being the matriarch she usually prays blessings for the food and for her family!
Her menu was turkey with dressing,butter beans, potato salad , collards, fruit salad ,chicken and dumplings, cornbread, dessert was chocolate meringue pie, Mound cake, and my favorite hot banana pudding, needless to say we all went home with full tummies, fond memories and lots of leftovers, plus a decorated peanut butter chocolate egg! Yummy!!!!

Now Dear Friends, I will close this most beautiful and anticipated month with the first roses of the year, which were gathered this morning from the rose garden just for you, and especially for our hostess, Cheryl !

I wanted to post today but told Cheryl that I might not be able too, but would try,I have committed myself to two memes a month, Gathering the Moments, and Vee's Notecard party,  one of the things you might not know about me is, I am very loyal, and when I commit I try if at all possible to fulfill my commitment! Blame that on my upbringing. ~smile~ Plus I just adore these two ladies and their parties. My reasons for thinking about not posting were, number one being, I am so busy, and I actually didn't think I had taken enough photos in April, but after going through IPhoto , I found I had more than what I thought and did not want to miss the opportunity of  being able to look back!

May your "MAY DAYS" be filled with many blessings,
Sue
Thank you Cheryl for hosting "Gathering the Moments", and for being so gracious!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sue, bless your dear heart!! I had just sent you an email to tell you not to fret...then I hopped onto my blog and saw that you linked up!

Looks like April has been a wonderful month for you. Oh my...sheep grazing on the front lawn is pastoral beauty! I would love to sit on your porch with you and enjoy that scene, and some good conversation with you.

Your Resurrection Day dinner is quite the Southern feast. I am impressed that your mother cooks such a spread for a large group. She is something else! (Casual is good...no apologies!)

Thank you for the beautiful roses! Again, please don't ever feel obligated to join the party...but when you do, you are most welcome!!

Anonymous said...

Your mom looks beautiful, as does the Easter dinner!
We harvested our first asparagus this year...it's the 3rd year, and said to harvest lightly...whatever that means. I tried to err on the light side and so took a very sparse harvest!
Lucy is beautiful, and I can just imagine the lush green ferns on your porch.
What a beautiful month!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you found time to link up with your April moments. Such fun pictures! Do you just stand on your porch every day and say "Thank you, Lord!"?

Vee said...

Your world is such a beautiful place that I am glad you share it with us! How else would I see such a lovely pastoral scene as a herd of sheep grazing on the lawn?

This idea of Cheryl's to "gather the moments" is positively inspired. After four months, I can already see that it is one of my very favorite things.

Loved seeing you at work in your garden, the ferns hung on your porch, and your beautiful mother saying grace. All the rest is a bonus!

Debbie said...

Well I am with Cheryl and Vee. The sight of those sheep grazing in your front yard is one I could linger on for days...soo pretty. And I LOVE your porch. I am also so totally impressed with your mom and her ability to still bless you all with her cooking and her hospitality. Sounded REALLY good! Your always so busy Sue. I LOVE it. Hope your week is a GOOD one!

happyone said...

Oh I'd love to see sheep on my front lawn. : )

My herb seeds are now growing in the house and I am so excited to see the seeds sprouting.
It's still a bit too early for planting outside here.

The roses are beautiful.

Yes, I do like to blow the dandelion seeds around too.

Patsy said...

Always happy to hear of you and your lovely family.
Happy May Day!

podso said...

Sue I'm like you, I don't think I have photos until i really look. And with iPhoto there is no mystery of the date or time the pic was taken, is there! I like Cheryl's idea of gathering the moments because it causes us to slow down for a few minutes and reflect on the past month and sort of take stock. I enjoyed seeing your month in review, and love seeing bits of your life, so different from mine in some ways! Here's to a happy May!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love your porch view! You must really enjoy sitting there when you have the time! I can see you've had a nice April, but a busy one. Your photos are all just lovely, and I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter dinner with family. Your mother is a pretty lady.
Wishing you a Happy May! Take care.

Debbie said...

I tried to gather the moments with you this time, but I couldn't find good pictures to go with the moments I wanted to gather. I need to be better with my shiny red Kodak these days.

Yours was a treat. I loved every moment, but my favorite hands down was the part about Easter dinner. I loved the photo of your mother asking the blessing.

Maryann said...

I have to agree with all the comments about the sheep grazing on the front lawn, I could probably sit on that porch and watch them all day. Enjoyed all the photos, love the Gathering the Moments idea

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

A beautiful month of April at your house dear Sue!
Your sweet china rabbit shepherdess with her lovely summer straw hat is a treasure!

I love your Easter celebration - what a magnificent festive dinner.
There's nothing better than family gathered around a table.

Asparagus from your garden - I am imagining that delicate flavour - such a yummy Spring vegetable.

So good to catch up with you Sue.
Hugs
Shane

Christine said...

I just love visiting The Farm.
It's what dreams are made from.
Warm and wonderful, with touches of beauty everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful - love coming over here -- such sweet manners such thoughtful words and total goodness is here in every word.. Thank you --
God bless you indeed!

All the photos are greats shot - I see you make chocolate egg my mother made those for us kids - I miss them!

Hugs