Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~This Journey called "Life"~

Written by Sue, Friday, February 6, 2015                                   Cloudy with some sun, windy, and cold temps. 40's
Hello Dear Friends,

And where has Sue been, one might ask?
I have been traveling hither and yon, on this journey called "Life"!

We are all on a journey, called "Life". This journey, has taken me on many unexpected roads, and  most of these roads were beautiful and smooth sailing, and I would say to myself, "Wow,how wonderful". Oh! how I love those roads with beautiful scenery, soft breezes blowing and meadows filled with beautiful,aromatic flowers, those are the best roads, this is where I get renewed and refreshed!

But some times this journey called "Life" takes me on roads that are bumpy, full of sharp curves,hills, valleys, uncertainty, and yes sometimes places I really don't want to go. When the road gets like this I become afraid, and ask a lot of questions! I want to get off and find another route, but "Life" just will not let me, it seems "Life" wants me to learn,grow, and mature!

As is the case with, Sue, she always asks why?

Here is what I have learned,... the things that happen on this road brings me more into an awareness of why I am here, and how I am suppose to live this "Life"! As I have found out more and more over the past few months.

 I think about this journey called "Life" so much, as I reminisce of the roads I have traveled, as I begin to contemplate and plan where I will go and what I will do next, I am sure there will be more beautiful scenic roads than bumpy ones, one thing for sure, I have had a constant companion on this journey, "ONE" who has stood by my side, comforted me, lifted me up and held me when I felt I could longer travel, His name is Heavenly Father! When I began this journey He promised me He would never leave me or forsake me, I can honestly say today, He is a Man of His word!

Deuteronomy 31:8~ The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Here is an update on my Mom, she will be having more surgery, Monday, Feb.9th! Please pray for her and her recovery. She has been such a trooper through this ordeal, I stand in awe of how she handles her journey called "life"! Here is an example:

Before and during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, while she was recovering from her first surgery, she took time to make lap quilts, (all hand embroidered) and goodies for some very precious folks who reside at a nursing facility in our community. She has a widow's ministry which she continues to do as well!..... That energizer bunny has nothing on her! ~smile~

 All photos on this post are printed with permission by the residents and administrator!
 Here she is placing a few dollars in their cards.
 Susan and Mr P helping, love this man so much he has faithfully walked this journey called "Life"with me, not once has he wavered!
 Mr P. pouring the sodas, see all those gifts, lap quilts and goodies!
Susan giving gifts, she enjoyed this so much.
 Mother and Susan make a great team.
Mother, worked so diligently, and was so happy to give, of her time, talent and love!

 Are they having fun or what!
New friends!
Mother in her element of doing for others!
 This precious gentleman was so sweet he stole my heart!

 New found friends! The residents of this nursing facility were so loving and appreciative! We have decided as a family to visit them on a regular basis, with time, love and refreshments,what the residents really want  is a little of our love and time!
 Here Mother is reminding us all why we celebrate Christmas, she was a Sunday school teacher most of her adult life, and loves sharing  her faith!
Love my Mother and and daughter  so much.
Here's the gang, We went to be a blessings, but we were the ones who left with our hearts overflowing with joy!


Have you had your hand kissed lately by a Southern, Gentleman? I have,... and was totally caught off guard and overwhelmed with joy!

Though lately I haven't been around in blogland so often, this doesn't mean I have forgotten you my dear friends, I think of you so often, and give thanks to my Heavenly Father for your friendship!
My prayer for you today is that your journey called "life" Is filled with many blessings, and full of fun filled days!
Much love,
 Sue

p.s. sorry for such a long post, the odds of me writing a short post are one in a million!~smile~ 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your dear mom right now and her surgery on Monday. How comforting for her that she has her daughter to also care about what's going on. So sweet to see the wonderful ministry of caring for the residents of the nursing facility. Blessings...

annie said...

blessings on the journey!
will lift her up in prayer!

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I am so glad you posted as I have wondered about and prayed for your sweet mom several times over the last couple of months. She is such a great lady and what a blessing she is to all that come into contact with her. I still have (and use every Thanksgiving) that apron that she made and you sent me in the gift box you sent me several years ago. I love knowing that this wonderful woman who has never met me and probably never will this side of heaven made that apron for me. Soo sweet. And I know she equally blessed all those she made those lap quilts for as well. I pray her surgery goes well and that the Lord will guide the surgeons hands and that her recovery will be speedy and as painless as possible. I think she is blessed as well with a daughter and a granddaughter who love her and care for her and have no doubt learned much for her. Love that your hubby is so involved too. Much love to you all! Debbie

Patsy said...

So glad to see your post, been praying for you and your mom and will keep you both on my prayer list. Happy to see photo's of the joy you are all giving in Gods name.
"God is so good"

Farm Girl said...

So nice to read about your journey. I am so thankful your Mom is doing well. I think the whole secret to a life well lived is the picture of your dear Mom. What a wonderful life to be given for others. I am so happy you posted. Thank you for stopping by and letting me know you were okay. I love seeing all of these pictures of the giving you have done for others.
Bless you and your family, I continue to lift you before the throne.

Cheryl said...

Sue, so nice to see you here for a visit today! It's always nice to touch base with you.

Indeed, life does have its twists and turns. That's why it's so necessary to be on the right path! Oh, your mother is a trooper and it's wonderful to see her giving of herself, even as she is on a bumpy part of her journey right now. I love the photos you shared...especially the one of you three ladies and Mr. P!

I'll be praying for your mom on Monday! Keep us posted!

Debbie said...

Haven't forgotten you at all dear friend, in fact you've been close to my heart and i've prayed for you and your family and especially your mom. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my daughter's blog this week. It was good to see your words and know you'd visited. So good to see Susan there with y'all and your husband is wonderful. I know this is hard but it sounds like you've figured out the way and you'll not be defeated.
Love to you and your family. May God Bless you on your road.

Carol said...

I ao enjoyed this post, Sue. I've been wondering about you. I haven't been blogging much. I do want to do more posts.
I'll be praying for your mom.

Smiles & Hugs,
Carol

podso said...

Your mom is amazing, What a wonderful story of her giving and hand work. I do hope all goes well on Monday.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a heart warming post! Oh, this journey called "life" can be just as you said and I've experienced pretty much all of it. I'm so thankful that for the past 6 months so many things have smoothed out and God has once again proved His faithfulness. Will be praying for your precious Mom on Monday. Do keep us posted! Hugs to you!

Vee said...

Beautiful post! Your words resonated with me so much... You described Life's road so well! Now, has anyone ever told your mother that she looks like Debbie Reynolds? They could be cousins. =D

Well now, how sweet to have your hand kissed. I have never had the pleasure.

Praying for you all and praying a time of clear sailing very soon.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, Sue, it is just so nice to come by, visit with you and enjoy the sweet photos filling this post! The love as you share and minister to your new friends is heartwarming and uplifting. Praying for your mom too!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I visited here the other day and before I could comment, a kitty jumped onto my laptop and put a stop to that! lol! I have to say that your mother looks a lot like Debbie Reynolds in these photos. And then I saw that Vee thinks the same thing, so I must be right. :) I will continue to pray for your sweet mother and I hope all went well for her today.

Anonymous said...

touched deeply and completely by your thoughtfulness and your giving heart..
May Gods blessings fill you to over flowing with what you stand in need of!

Hugs

Eileen said...

Good morning!
I was looking for a picture of a dusty road and clicked on yours. And then I found myself captured by your blog. You really capture the joy of life and the joy of giving. I am so glad I dropped by. My blog launches next week. It is devoted to books and writing. PS: I found one of our own pictures of a dusty road! I always ask permission to repost though.