Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Update~

Written by Sue,Thursday Feb.12,2015                                 sunny, windy,temps. 50's a great day for a walk!

My Mother is recuperating at home, though the surgery was a little more detailed this time, she is doing well, this morning  she is up and wanting to get back to her normal schedule, we are having a hard time getting her to rest, like I said that energy bunny has nothing on her.
A heartfelt "thank you" for your thoughts and prayers, she was so blessed when I told her my friends in blogland were praying., and even more thrilled when some said she looked like Debbie Reynolds, a favorite actress of hers! Tomorrow we go back to see the dr. for the results, asking for more  prayers.
OH! the flowers and card were a surprise from her grandson,(my son), I thought he was so thoughtful!, and was told that I had something special coming too!!Whoopie!!
Can't wait to see how beautiful the blooms will  be, we could not decide if they were tulips or lilies, either way they will be pretty and bring much joy to Mother! She is hiding her face because she said "I don't have my makeup on," and that is because the surgeon took a spot off her right cheek! I find her to be beautiful any way, because her beauty shines from within.
Enjoy your day, 
Love
Sue

Proverbs 31:30~ Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

18 comments:

Debbie said...

Soo glad to hear that your sweet mom is doing well. She looks fantastic! In fact, I was thinking that BEFORE I read what you had written. Her beautiful hair and her sweet robe and big smile she ALWAYS looks soo nice make up or not. Praying she hears GOOD results today. Meanwhile I know you will pamper her and keep her in good care. The flowers are pretty....soo sweet. love to you both!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying now for a good result.

Your mother is a beauty and you take after her Sue!

Deanna

Patsy said...

Happy to get the news and praying for a good report.
She looks wonderful!

Farm Girl said...

I have been praying for her. I am glad you posted a picture of her. I will continue to pray for you all.
She does look like Debbie Reynolds.
Take care Sue.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm glad to hear about your mother and see her photo. She looks pretty with or without makeup! I will continue to keep her in my prayers. Take care and hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

Praying right now for good results for your dear mom. She's a cutie!

happyone said...

Thanks for the update on your mom. So glad things are going well. I'll will keep on praying for her each morning. : )

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, and she is beautiful and so glad she is doing well. What a sweet grandson and son. Happy Valentine's!

Vee said...

She is as cute as can be...and, yes, beautiful, too! Praying that she had a good report today. I think those are lilies and that they are going to bring lots more smiles. We'll want to see what he sent to you, too.

Debbie said...

She is beautiful. While following your blog I've admired her for her energy and ability to make everyone around her feel special just from reading about her. And You are so blessed to have such a mom and you're the same way. Hope you get good reports. Keep us in the loop please.

Anonymous said...

Sure is true your mother...SHE is BEAUTIFUL and she shines -- indeed!!
Praying for a good report...

Hugs..

Christine said...

Yup, she looks like Debbie Reynolds.
Very cute!
Keep us informed as to how she is doing.

Charlotte said...

Hi Sue,
I was just thinking about you this morning as I was putting on the cute little white robe you sent me along with a whole box of other lovely things a few years ago. Yes, I'm still wearing the robe on days when it is too cool for a summer robe and too warm for my winter one. The one you sent is "just right."
I just wanted you to know how I appreciate your thoughtfulness even after all this time.
I hardly ever put anything on any of my blogs anymore except the Spiritual Sundays blog which I still do each week.
Many blessings to you and your sweet mother featured on this post.
Charlotte

Jan said...

Your mom is beautiful! yes, Debbie Reynolds does look an awful lot like your mom, lol

love your blog,
Jan in PA

Happy@Home said...

So nice to read this update on your sweet mom. She is so cute and I can see the Debbie Reynolds resemblance.
I will be happy to include her in my prayers.
Hugs to you both.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Sue,
So an old post that you commented on
and thought I am gonna go see how she is doing!! I have missed you.
So sorry to hear about your dear sweet Mom's surgeries, but glad to see she is doing well inspite of them. She is a
beautiful lady and really does look like Debbie Reynolds, and you are right her beauty shines from within.
Loved seeing the pics of you and your family together at the Nursing Home as well.
You take care and hope your life road is much more beautiful and scenic real soon.
Blessings Galore Sweet Friend,
Nellie

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

You were in my thoughts and prayers today...I pray all is going well. Miss you and love you dearly. Blessings and mercies as you continue to walk this journey together.

Vee said...

Peeking in to say A Blessed Spring to you! Praying that your mom is recuperating well. You are probably well and firmly in your busy season. Lots of new lambs and plans for the garden not to mention Easter just two weeks away.