Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Who says nothing exciting happens here at the farm.

Written by Sue, Monday, April, 13, 2015    beautiful,sunny, warm, 80's

On the phone talking with my Mom, this morning, door bell rings, might not be unusual for you, but it is for me especially when our gate is locked. I glanced out the window and saw a young man in uniform. I greet him he explains his situation, he had to land his helicopter in the pasture. I asked how I might help, he wanted to know if they could land another helicopter and bring a jeep for repair work. I said for them to do whatever they needed to get it fixed, I also asked if I could take some photos!He invited me to go see the helicopter and  take photos.

I found Rain inspecting the helicopter, and was so surprised because she is so skittish, she just took everything in stride.

This was such a thrill for me, I got to meet some wonderful young men, and to thank them for their service to our country, how my DH and I pray for all of our military men and women each day,they all were so thankful,polite and wanting to make sure they weren't doing any harm to the pasture.
I've never known Rain to be so nosy, (I guess she is like her owners,grin) she got even closer!

 Help is on the way!
 Picking up the two officers who were on the first flight.
I found it so amazing that a third helicopter was continually circling  the other helicopters,kind of like a mother hen. ~smile~ once the two officers were on board and gone, it left.

It took a couple of hours for the helicopter to be repaired and then....

 up up and away
 off into the wild blue yonder.

"good by dear soldiers" may the Lord bless and keep you in His loving arms!
I felt so bad that I had no goodies prepared to give them, as I had sent all the cookies home with three sailor boys yesterday,Here is Mr P. with grandson Will and two of his friends,  they came for the weekend to camp out, and relax in the back field. We don't bother them as we know they need time to unwind, and get away. I always try and have some goodies for them to take home.
Have you thanked or hugged a military person lately?

 A personal note*
I have so much respect for our men and women and their families who sacrifice so much so that I can continue to enjoy the freedoms, that I now have. Sad to say that so much of our blessings and freedoms are leaving due to wrong decisions being made by our leaders. I urge everyone to please continue to pray for our nation, our military personal, and our leaders!!

This morning in my devotion, Isaiah 6~ I was reading of how Isaiah went to the temple when his friend King Uzziah had died, while there he saw the majestic glory of God manifested in a powerful way. He repented, his guilt was taken away, his sin atoned, and was given a new commission, He received a fresh vision.
So many times I find my self fretting over situations, in my personal life as well as in the state of our country, (to which I dearly love) and the world. I am reminded that God is still in charge, and that things are always changing, but one thing for sure, God Almighty remains the same, he never wavers. Just as Isaiah found and received a "fresh vision",  So I am asking for one too!

Much love to all, 
Sue 

17 comments:

Vee said...

Wow! That is VERY exciting! They couldn't have landed in a better field. John is going to love this story. What a blessing you must have been to them.

Happy@Home said...

Wow, that is super cool and I agree with Vee. They chose just the right field to land in.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Great excitement!

Wow!

Yesterday in the afternoon 5 military planes flew low right over our house and property! They were either from DE or MD, and we see them on occasion but that was really something.

You are so right about praying for our military and leaders. It can feel so overwhelming but God is in control.

Deanna

Debbie said...

WOW...that was a very exciting story! I agree with the other ladies...they sure landed in the best field! I've no doubt you were a real blessing to them, goodies or not. I soo agree with you too. We are so fortunate and blessed by our military, and hubby and I both lift them all every day in prayer. I do love your thoughts on our leaders and countries state as you related it to Isiah. I LOVE that thought. Glad all is well with you Sue!

Farm Girl said...

That is just awesome, and so pretty out there in your pasture. They new just where to park didn't they?
Lovely photos Sue!

Anonymous said...

Love your story and how gracious you are! Yes, I've hugged my son-in-law who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan! God bless your grandson Wil and his friends. Glad you had goodies for them!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I really enjoyed reading this exciting story! I have a lot of respect and admiration for our servicemen and women and those pilots who fly planes and helicopters. I am truly thankful for all of them and I'm thankful that they had such a wonderful spot to land in their time of need. I loved seeing your horse checking the situation out, too. Thanks, Sue, for sharing this story with us!

happyone said...

Wow that doesn't happen every day!! What a great experience. : )
Yes, I have hugged a military person lately, in fact I do every day. My husband was in the Navy for 20 years!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Nothing like getting your day started off with some excitement. And, I'm sure they so appreciated your gracious spirit.

A fresh vision, yes that is what we all need for sure!

Blessings!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Wow, at first I thought maybe there had been an accident, thank goodness it was just a repair job!

I so admire service men and women! I don't think I even understand all the sacrifices that they make for us. I pray for them each day and thank them for their service.

We do live in scary times, and the state of our country is in dire need of some divine intervention!

Hug your service men for all of us!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

I would have been thrilled to pieces too, Once in a life time event.. oh I bet you were indeed disappointed not to send them away with goodies that's apart of who you are -- a VERY thoughtful and your the example of the Good Samaritan too.
And no I have not hugged a service man or women for a long time.. I'll keep my eye open for a chance.
Hugs to you sweet dear friend!

Debbie said...

Never a dull moment at your place friend! How exciting. And how timely your comments were for me this morning. I'm often so isolated with only the news to discourage me. You remind me that many God loving women like myself are out there praying and we comprise an army too.
Hugs to you today! And thanks for your words of encouragement.

Patsy said...

Not every day Rain gets a fun surprise or you. Loved hearing about it and seeing the photo's.
There is a site that I like to read and pray about. You may like it to. It is called "Capitol Hill Prayer Partner's" and "Daily Brief"
http://chpponline.blogspot.com/
It gives me a better understanding of what to pray for our Senators and Congress.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well this post just makes this southern girl want to shout and stand up and cheer...and I am inside. AMEN!!! This is awesome and I am sharing it with Benjamin.
We had a helicopter land in our cul de sac one time and it was amazing how much wind comes off of them. Our trees bent over.
Your verse at the end is great. I feel like I just left church. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

What an amazing experience! Sounds like a chapter from an adventure novel! Thanks for sharing.

Smiles,
Carol

M.K. said...

What an event in your own yard! Not many people can say they've had a damaged helicopter land in their field :)

RachelD said...

What lovely adventures you have! And you must be my drop-in twin---I'd have been out there, too, stepping high across the grass, as I lugged coffepot, sweet tea and big basket of goodies.

"Have Y'all had your LUNDH?" would be right after "Hello," and I can't stand to see young folks come and go without some kind of refreshments. We had 300 names in our guest book the first year we were here near the Fort, and that's when we thought we were temporary, and lived in a one-bedroom apartment!

So refreshing and so touching to see your concern and regard for our military.

Your newest follower,

rachel