Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"Counting my friendship blessings"

Written by Sue, October 13, 2015                                   Sunny, cool, 70's

I would like to thank Stephanie, from The Enchanting Rose for hosting the Tea Cup and Mug Exchange, and for giving all of us an opportunity to meet and make new friends! She has worked tirelessly to make this such a success, always so patiently and graciously returning my emails, ~smile~ You are so special, Stephanie! This was my first time joining, Stephanie's Teacup and Mug Exchange party, I was so excited and happy to meet new friends.

My first package of goodies was from Julie, who blogs at Julie's Lifestyle! Isn't that a beautiful mug, and the box it came in was so pretty, just perfect to sit on my desk! I love flowers,  Earl Grey teas are some of my favorites! Julie also crochet me a beautiful coaster and mat, for my mug and teapot, the colors matched my dining room perfectly and what a beautiful note she sent as well! Thank you Julie for your thoughtfulness, I am so looking forward to getting to know you!


Since I signed for a teacup and mug, my next goodies were from Christine, she blogs at Cherishing a Sweet Life, she sent me such a delicate and beautiful tea cup and saucer, with some of the most delicious cookies in a lovely tin box, with an array of delectable teas, and a beautiful note too! Thank you so much Christine, for your thoughtfulness, I am also looking forward to getting to know you! The teacup and saucer, now have a special place of honor in my hutch! The Dutch caramel wafers were gone in a few days, so delicious,and the flavored teas I have been saving for a cold fall evening as I sit by the fire, hopefully this weekend!

Just as my name was given to two beautiful ladies, I received two names,( Karren, who blogs at Oh My Heartsie Girl, and Judy who blogs at,20 North Ora )to send some special gifts to also, thus this means I not only have made two new friends, but four, wow! at this rate I will have lots of new friends! 

I must stop at this point to apologize to my new friends as well as my older friends as to my lack of visiting lately,it has been due to some circumstances beyond my control,  my desire is to soon be back to blogging with more consistency!

A friend is a gift you give yourself
                                                         Robert Louis Stevenson


Today I am linking with Stephanie, at Enchanting Roses, for the reveal of all the Teacup and Mug exchanges, I have been so looking forward to this day! Please join us for a fun filled party!

Love from the farmhouse,
Sue



29 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet Sue, how you bless my heart with your kindness :) I am very glad you were able to join the fun, but I am so sorry to hear there have been things going on in your life during this time. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

The items you received are simply lovely! Don't you just love Julie's handiwork? She is such a talented lady and her crocheted designs are beautiful.

The tea cup from Christine is quite the beautiful and oh-so-perfect for an autumn tea :)

Thank you, dear one, for pouring your heart and love into this exchange. Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Sue! You got some lovely exchange gifts. What fun. I'll have to link over and see what you sent away, too. Such a fun idea. No need to apologize. It's always good to see a post pop up from you.

Debby Ray said...

Hi Sue! You did receive some lovely items! Both the mug and the teacup are so beautiful. I see that you also sent to Judy at 20 North Ora... I sent her a teacup and some goodies! Stephanie is truly a blessing, isn't she?

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sue, oh it is so nice to meet you and visit your lovely blog. I know you have to be enjoying your first teacup/mug exchange. Isn't it fun thanks to dear Stephanie who pulls it all together so well.
Love your beautiful gifts in the mug from sweet Julie and the goreous teacup from Christine. So many wonderful treasures along with 4 new friends.
I have so enjoyed your post and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Have fun and a blessed day. cm

Debbie Harris said...

Hello Sue~ Look at you, blessed in deed in your first time ever with this awesome exchange!
Not only have you been graced with some lovely treasures, but the friendships you have made will just bless your heart.

Stephanie has a beautiful way of paring ladies up, doesn't she?
I was happy to hear that you joined in on the fun.

Thank you for your visit and most beautiful comment, you are too sweet.
The Lord bless you and keep you as you go through these days and circumstances.

Much love to you, Debbie

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Sue,
How wonderful that you participated in Stephanie's delightful exchange for the first time. You received such a beautiful mug and handmade gifts from Julie and a gorgeous teacup, and goodies from Christine. We are all interconnected through Stephanie, who is the kindest, sweetest, dearest soul. Giving and receiving these precious gifts is truly a blessing in our lives.

Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet said...

Beautiful mug and tea cup! Perfect for this time of year. Have a wonderful day!

Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Sue,
I am so happy and delighted to have met you through Stephanie's wonderful tea cup exchange.
I love what you received from Christine and she is such a sweetie and I love her blog.
How special these exchanges are and a nice way to form new friendships.
Enjoy.
Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your teacup and mug from the exchange are very nice and I hope you enjoy both with your other goodies.

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

What beautiful gifts, you are truly blessed with wonderful friends . . . old and new!

Gentle Hugs,
Barb

Vee said...

Lovely new treasures and, more importantly, the four new friends who will all prove to be treasures as well. Hope that things settle down to a happy pace for you soon.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Sue - wow what wonderful packages of treasures you received! Yes, you are right - the best part is the friendships we make along the way.

This wasmy first exchange, and certainly not my last!

I hope you are ok - nothing too serious - sending up a prayer for you.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, I know that you are one of the most thoughtful ladies I have the privilege of knowing(in blogland) and I'm not surprised you've made new friends. What lovely gifts; you are the second person today to blog about what you received-how very special.
We totally understand how busy you are, life moves fast doesn't it.
Love and hugs,
Noreen

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, I am so glad you like your tea cup and gifts, and that sweet Stephanie paired us up. It is a pleasure reading your blog and getting to know you. Your mother's letter has been more inspiration to me than you know, as well as your homemade Vanilla {I want to make for Christmas gifts} and your Blueberry Hand Pies {my husband loves hand pies}! So I thank you for your friendship and your inspiration! Blog when you can, we'll be here for you! =) hugs, Christine

Oliva Ohlson said...

The mug and teacup are and so very pretty!!!
Julie's gifts to you are so precious since she made them herself!!!
Christine's teacup is very pretty...I especially love the design and colors...so perfect for fall!

I have decided that next time I will participate in both teacup and mug exchange. I just have so much fun participating in Stephanie's exchange, and getting to meet/know so many wonderful ladies. Have a great week!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I feel like I just missed a very sweet party... Darn it!
Yes, that Julie is a sweetie and Stephanie is a saint Rose :o)
Blogging is like having pen pals all over the place.
I loved the lovely mantel in your home...
Blessings, Roxy

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Yes, what a fun party and I, too, am sorry I missed it.

And, do hope that things will settle down for you and we'll be hearing more from you. Hugs!

Doniene said...

Hello dear Sue,

I had thought about doing the cup swap with Stephanie - but alas, where do the days go!!! Yours are especially lovely!!!

Blessings and hugs!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What beautiful gifts you received from both exchanges! The handmade gift from Julie is pretty awesome, what a treasure! Enjoy your goodies, and will pray that whatever is happening in your life, that He Lord will be with you! This was my first exchange as well, and I can't wait until the next one for sure! :)

Farming On Faith said...

Hello Sue~
It is so good to hear from you. I have not been blogging much but it did my heart good to hear from you. Hope you are well. I am going to take a peek around your blog today.
Have a great day friend.

Ashley said...

What beautiful gifts you received!!! Those crocheted things from Julie are so lovely.
I am happily anticipating next year's exchange, as I enjoyed this immensely.
Love,
Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

So many pretty teacups to look at! I love seeing what everyone else got...what a fun exchange this was!

~Trisha

Unknown said...

This tea cup swap has been so much fun...especially visiting other sweet ladies blogs. Your gifts are so nice. Your blog feels right at home and I look forward to reading more of it.

Blessings, Deborah

happyone said...

Your gifts are all lovely. : ) And how nice to make 4 new friends.

Margie said...

So glad that you enjoyed your first exchange, Sue! Your mug and teacup packages are lovely and I'm sure that this just the beginning of beautiful friendships.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Sue, it was so good to see your post! You got some beautiful goodies from your new friends. What fun! I hope all is well with you and yours. Take care and enjoy this beautiful fall season!

Lady Linda said...

Hello Sue, first of all, I love your blog header...just beautiful. You received some lovely gifts, both your mug and teacup. These exchanges are so fun.

Maggie said...

My first time at your blog. Hope you'll post again soon!

Unknown said...

A gathering of friends at a cottage or Bed and Breakfast is a delightful way to spend time together. There are often welcome gifts by the owners and ways to exchange gifts with others in a manner that shows love to friends. Getting names before leaving is a way to keep in touch with those you meet whether it's by sending a letter or a small treasure.

Kurt Bohling @ Philadelphia Mail Room