1. What pets did you have growing up? Tell us a little something about them.
We had parakeets, dogs, and cats. When we lived with my grandparents my favorites were the barn kitties we had, my sisters and I would dress them in doll clothes and pretend they were our babies!
For now, this little fella,(Jack) is our love..
2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?
I must make and can applesauce!
3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing?
I was right where I am today, on the farm, and probably doing exactly what I am doing today, canning apples! ~smile~the apples above yielded 16 pts. of applesauce, and 6 pts. of apple juice!
4.September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi,... which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?
Since I am knee deep in apples today, I would prefer apple dumplings, hmmm great idea for dessert tonight!This is the best I could do!
5. There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't."William Trogdon
So which are you?
I am the one who would be looking for that great adventure, my reason would be if I go to all that trouble to make preparations you better believe I am going to make it the best one yet!
|found on internet!|
6.Insert your own random thought here.
My first instinct was to weigh in on some of the issues we are facing as a nation, as most of us will agree we are living in perilous times, but since I try and keep my blog, happy and non controversial, (this doesn't mean I don't have strong convictions, especially when it comes to respecting our national flag and anthem.) For now it will be another time, another day!
One thing for sure, nothing gets by the eyes and ears of an all knowing and caring heavenly Father, He is the Alpa and Omega! That settles it for me.
I will instead encourage all who view this post to consider the benefits of growing and preserving your own food. There is nothing as rewarding as looking back over a day's work of gathering, preparing, and preserving food for your family and friends, (jams and jellies make wonderful gifts.)
If you are not able to have a garden, you might consider supporting local farmers or merchants!
Why do I preserve food?
1. It's much more economical!
2. It's healthier! Where can you buy food that was gathered, prepared, and canned in the same day, sometimes in a matter of a few hours?
3. You know what chemicals were used in the growing of the foods.
4. It is one way of showing your family and friends how much you care for their well being!
5. Last but not least, it is so much fun!
|steps to making fresh strawberry jam.|
I would like to thank Joyce for hosting Wednesday Hodgepodge, and once again she has challenged me to put on my rusty old thinking cap!~wink~