Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Farming on Wednesday Hodgepodge

Written by Sue, Tuesday, October3, 2017           Perfect autumn weather, temps. 70's


From this Side of the Pond

1.  Have you ever spent time on a farm? 

Why yes I have, does 30+ years count!

Tell us a little bit about it. 

When I was a young teen, our parents took us to our grandparents farm for the summer, this is how we earned our money for our school clothes. Being teenagers we wanted to be doing other things besides working on a farm, we girls (my sisters and I) vowed we would never marry a farmer.
They kept their word, not me, I met, fell in love with a farm boy, and as they say "the rest is history" The best decision I ever made!

We have grown just about any kind of crop that could be grown in our area, but we specialized in growing produce! When we stopped this part of farming, we started raising sheep, and only growing enough produce for us. We love sheep herding it is so rewarding.

Sometimes you become an adopted parent.There is so much peace  when you hold a lamb, I love to sit on the porch in the evening as the sheep are settling in for the night, They will quietly bleat, as darkness falls. Did you know sheep are not early risers.

Have you ever grown your own pumpkin? 
Yes, we did, but our weather is so hot and humid, it is hard to grow.




Been on a hayride? 
Many times, as a matter of fact I will going on one this Saturday night, we are hosting a fall party at the farm for friends,

ohh! I am so looking forward to this. This is what I call my little perch, we finished decorating it for fall and the party this evening. Tomorrow we will finish decorating outside. The trailer is already loaded with hay and ready to go. Whoopee! Come join us!

Driven a tractor? 
Yes! 

Milked a cow?
Yes.


2. What's something younger you would like about you now? 

Less wrinkles, smooth as silk skin, and no gray, and lots of energy!! 

3. What are three things you'd like to do more often? 

1.Run a mile without stopping, 2. Eat anything I want without gaining weight. 3. Visit with family more often. Our children and grandchildren are scattered all over.




Three things you'd like to do less often?

Sorry, I can only  think of one, I am always so busy, and enjoy doing so many things.
Cleaning the chicken coop!


4. What's on your nachos?

Cheddar with hot peppers.

5. What's the most random thing in your purse or wallet? Does it need to stay there?

An apple I have been carrying around for a while. It most definitely doesn't need to stay there.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

1.Farming consists of long hours, lots of hard work, many successes and failures! It is one of the most rewarding professions there is, it is also one of the best places to rear a family, children learn very early the importance of responsibility  and of how teamwork is vital to success! I am so thankful that I changed  my mind about farming, though it took a love bug to bite me.~wink~
Ahh! those love bugs!!!



This photo was taken a few years ago.
2. I have been so sporadic this past year with blogging, and have missed it so much, today while going through the photos for this post, I saw thousands of photos I had taken since I started blogging, photos that I never posted, they brought back so many fond memories. I have decided I want to try and post more of my life on this blog, and to renew and make new friends! So many of my blogging friends have done like I have, gone to IG and slowed or quit their blogs, I do enjoy IG and post quite often but I so miss the intimacy of the friendships here in blogland. Wish me luck, and please keep blogging.


3.My heart has been so heavy lately, with all that is going on in our country! I hardly know how to expand on this! Each day as I go about my regular routine, I pray, and then I pray some more.  But I know life must go on, as it does. 

Psalm; 55:17, ~ Evening and morning, and at noon, I will pray and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice. 
22~ Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you.



Much thanks to Joyce for hosting, Wednesday Hodgepodge! This was fun for me, wonder why? ~smile~


Much love from my home to yours,
Blessings,
Sue




24 comments:

Joyce said...

How fun to have a real farmer answering today : ) Your party sounds like so much fun! I love an outdoor party this time of year, and a hayride would make it pretty perfect. Enjoy your day!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

You make farming look glamorous. I love all your pics! It's time to dump the apple. Have a great week.

Mrs.T said...

What a great Hodgepodge! I loved learning more about your life.

And yes, redouble those blogging efforts! Don't give up. I have no intention of quitting, myself!

Trudy said...

I always thought I wanted to marry a farmer. I am the closest right now I am ever going to get. Married to a man who wants to live in the country. And we do!
I really like your sheep. What do you do with their wool?

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Sue, I love fall parties and I haven't been on a hay ride in years. Wish I could come to your party...have lots of fun!

I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge answers and your photos. The little lambs are just precious. Have a wonderful day!

Empty Nester said...

I loved reading about your farm life. I could read about it every day. And the sheep! I can imagine how lovely they sound at night. I'm sure I could never handle the amount of work that has to happen on a farm but I do love farms and am always so grateful for the farmers. Have a lovely day!

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I thought of you right away when I saw today's questions and was hoping you were participating! I agree that you make farming sound sooo good! I personally LOVE hearing all about your days and life and am soo glad your re-doubling your efforts. It takes me soo much time to get a post up anymore but I am still trying. I think I am going to pop back to my blog and go ahead and participate in the Hodgepodge today though I am soo far behind, lol. Have a good day Sue!

happyone said...

What a great question today for you about farming and I enjoyed reading your answer.
No, I didn't realize that sheep were not early risers. Interesting.

Patsy said...

Good to see your post, it should be in a happy
book. (Love it)

Debby Ray said...

Oh, I really enjoyed your hodgepodge, Sue. I think the farm life sounds like a great life...oh and those darling sheep! You have such a beautiful farm! I particularly liked the scripture you shared at the end...there is nothing to compare to have this privilege to be able to come before the Father and let Him lift our burdens from us!

annie said...

I am happy to have found your blog and gotten to know a bit about you :)

Wendy said...

Thanks for your visit and I really enjoyed returning the favour. I'm a city girl born and bred so it was interesting to hear all about farming. I'm sure I will read about other strange items being kept in purses. In the UK your purse is small and big enough for cash and bank/store cards. Our equivalent to your "purse" is a handbag lol

ellen b. said...

Sue, I think these questions were perfect for you and your life experience. I enjoyed reading all your answers to the questions. I do hope you continue blogging. I love to visit here. May God continue to bless you and your hubby with energy and good teamwork!

Stacy said...

Thank you for sharing about your farm and some of your experiences. I would have loved living on a farm, but while my hubby likes the idea in theory he never seemed to anxious to put it into practice.

Your fall decorations are lovely. I hope you are blessed with great weather and wonderful fellowship for your party. Enjoy it!

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

As always, I loved your answers! It's so interesting to me to find out about people I blog with. Farming is a wonderful life, and a great way to raise children. I wasn't raised on a farm, but my husband was raised on a farm and a ranch in the mountains. As soon as we could after we got married, we bought some acreage and started our own little farm . . . it is a good life!

I agree with you about blogging, too many people have stopped because it is time consuming. I love to make new friends, and always feel bad when others stop blogging, they are missed, whether they know it or not. It's good to know that there are good people everywhere . . . more good than bad. We just need to keep praying and stay strong for others who need our help. The scripture you posted is so true, we will be sustained!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Thank you for your visit and I am happy to read your post tonight. You have a gorgeous farm and I love your fall decor. How fun to be having guests for a hayride! The sheep are precious. So many tragedies in our world today. Thank you for sharing these verses and I join you in praying for our Country.
Have a blessed evening and I look forward to following along.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Such a delightful post, the best of the day for sure!!! My little 9 year old Grandson just got 2 sheep about 2 months ago and is training them to be "Show Sheep." He will show them for the first time next March in Oklahoma. So glad you are getting back into blogging. Happy everything!

Gattina said...

Such a farm life sounds marvellous (except the work, lol)

Nonnie said...

It was fun reading your answers about farming and seeing all around the place. It looks beautiful and it sounds like a wonderful lifestyle if you're working with someone you love and who knows what he's doing. Sounds like your grandparents taught you well and so you and your hubby are a great team. I think a hayride at your place would be a delightful experience.

Schotzy said...

Love your everyday accounts of life on the farm....and such a gorgeous one at that!!!God bless you and your family!

Vee said...

Well I can’t imagine where you’d be if the love bug hadn’t bitten. You and your Beloved make a wonderful couple. I did not know that you once did more produce than livestock. I can’t imagine you without your lambs. Hope the hayride and fellowship was a blast! That’s right...keep blogging, everybody! ☺️

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Wanted to drop by and say hello.......
Really enjoyed your post and hope your Fall party goes well. It has been
quite awhile since I went on a hay ride, so that sounds like a lot of fun.
If I lived close I might just run over and join you!! lol

Am glad you are continuing with your blogging....I miss those friendships too, but I do know that it can all get so time consuming unfortunately.

Take care sweet lady,
Blessings,
Nellie

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Beautiful porch!!
I would also like to eat whatever I want and not gain weight, those days are long gone!!
Liked hearing your perspective since you live on a farm, baby lambs ❤️❤️❤️

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Sue, I loved returning your visit to my blog. You do make farming sound much more appealing than I would have thought. Your porch is beautifully bedecked for your party. We are getting ready to host our SS class in a couple weeks and I am trying to get mine hopefully as appealing as your is. I hope to meet you hear again next Wednesday.