Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Gift Giving is always a joy!

Written by Sue, Wednesday evening, December 13, 2017   Brrr, cold very cold temps. 30's

Tis a busy season around the farmhouse, my kitchen has been humming a happy tune!

Mr P and I decided instead of buying gifts, for family and friends, I would make and bake goodies for them. His contribution was go getter, helping to pack and mail, he had the hard job, mine was all fun~wink.

I lost count at 75 dozen cookies, (8 different kinds) I was so busy baking that I forgot to take photos of all the different kinds of cookies, so you will have to take my word for it.
~chocolate mint marvels~
Chocolate chip cookies with pecans.

Or maybe you can count the cookies in the jars.~wink~


Do you remember the Blessings/Thankful jar I made for us, the one where you place a thankful note or a blessing in the jar each day, and periodically take time to read them and realize the many blessings God has bestowed on us.
Ezekiel 34:26~"I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing: and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessings.
To make them I found something specific about that person, i.e.; a hobby, a character trait, just anything that reminds me of them. I wrapped the center with burlap ribbon, glued stickers I found at Hobby Lobby. Filled them with goodies, wrote a note explaining and asking them to refill their jar with a thankful note each day....

Granddaughter Maddie is expecting her first child.Grandson Gabe is at MIT,getting his doctorate,

                 Granddaughter Lauren is always happy,  Grandson Will is in the Navy

Jack has been warming himself under the Christmas tree lights and dreaming of a steak bone.

Yesterday, we mailed 8 boxes, they are going to so many different places in the USA. Both DH and I were thrilled to be able to bless them with homemade goodies,...cookies, candy, jams.This week I will be baking more goodies for the last three gift boxes.



That's all for tonight, thank you for visiting.
blessings,
Sue



7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Sue,
This is the most festive and wonderful post!
Your cookies look amazing!
And how special will it be when your loved ones receive them!
Great job spreading joy, my friend!!!

Rebecca said...

How very, very special! True labor of love ♥
What a beautiful heart you have, Sue.

Farm Girl said...

I am sure they will all be so happy to have those boxes.
75 plus dozen cookies! That is amazing.
Merry Christmas,

happyone said...

Wow that is a lot of cookies. What a wonderful I idea for gifts and each one is personalized. I'm sure the first thing that goes in each of their thankful jars will be that they are thankful for you. 😊

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Whew! I can't imagine baking that many cookies! The recipients are so very blessed to be getting a gift box of your treats. This is such a great idea and I love how you've fixed up the jars with the burlap and stickers! Loved this post!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my goodness, what a true labor of love in your gifts! And, the jars are so precious and so personal. I cannot imagine baking that many cookies but I do love cookies. Blessings Sue, you are an amazing woman!

Cheryl said...

That is such a gift of the heart! Who wouldn't love to receive Christmas goodies baked by a loved one . . . with a personal touch! Your jars are so clever and they will be a gift that keeps giving throughout the year!

Great job, Sue!!