Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"A little of this, a lot of that"

Written by Sue, Wednesday, January 31, 2018             Sunny, cold, brrr! it's winter folks!

Do you like to give gifts, or receive gifts? I like to do both. Today I thought I would show a few gifts I received for Christmas.

This past weekend my sister and her Dh came for a visit, we always exchange our gifts after Christmas, it gives us something to look forward too in the cold month of January! It has become a tradition.
Years ago, I wanted a fine china Christmas set, when Sister found out she and her husband began giving us a five piece place setting at Christmas.

I love birds, so I chose this pattern by Lenox. I started out with plans for an eight place setting, but Mary wanted me to have service for 12, this setting is now my 11th! Thank you Steve and Mary!

One of the most useful and appreciated gifts was from Mr P. This watch motivates me to get up and get moving, I have set my goal of 10,000 steps each day, some days I make it and some days I don't. ~wink~Today I began at 9:49 a.m.



It's 4 p.m. this is how many steps I have taken today, do you think I will make it to 10,000?~wink~

Gift giving has been going on since the beginning of time, but the most precious gift ever given to mankind, was the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ! To which I am so thankful, it is eternal!

Luke:2:11 "For there is born to you this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the lord.
****************************************************************************
Not a lot going on around the farmhouse, the ewes are finishing up with lambing, they, and the donkeys decided today would be good day for sunning, I agreed.


Which gave me the idea too go and sit by the pond for some sunning of my own, there is something about water that is so soothing to the mind and soul, this is a place I come to be renewed, many important decisions have been made around this old pond.


 Tom is beginning to strut around the barnyard, the girls think he is silly, but handsome.

The hens are laying regularly, there is nothing better than fresh eggs from your own hens.

I see the bluebirds checking out the new birdhouse DH received for Christmas, all of these happenings assure me that spring is not far away! I hope you are having a great week!


Blessings,
Sue






11 comments:

Billie Jo said...

My sister and I always get together after Christmas, for the same reason!
We always like to have something to look forward to!
Your china is stunning!!!!
What a beautiful gift.
Lovely pictures, my friend.
Have a cozy evening. : )

Vee said...

What a wonderful gift your sister and her husband have been giving you! So pretty!

Enjoy that there watch of yours, you Firecracker, you! Well done!

Looks as if you all enjoyed an idyllic day. Very special to be outside on a beautiful day. God is good!

Debbie said...

Good morning! What a great idea to get together after the holidays...and that china is just sooo pretty. I'd love the idea that it all came from your sister too. Makes is extra special. Your right too. There is just something about being around water for me too. How nice it would be to have that pond right on your land. Enjoy the rest of your week sweet Sue!

happyone said...

The dishes are very pretty and more like winter dishes so you can use them all winter.
I too like to give gifts and receive them. : )
Congratulations on reaching you 10,000 step goal.
Yes water is very relaxing and calming. All the lakes around here right now are frozen though. : )

Christine said...

I love your Donkeys!!
And I love the picture of your pond!

Spring is one day closer and I'm ready. Actually, it's really nice outside our door today.

Again, visiting your Farm was a pleasure.

ellen b. said...

What a great idea to exchange gifts with your sister in January. I love that Christmas pattern. I guess when you live on a farm 10,000 steps is a good goal. It's actually a good goal for all of us. I'm struggling to get 5,000 these days. I'm hoping February makes 10,000 more accessible.
That sunshine for the donkeys and ewes looks so relaxing. Beautiful shot of the pond with the reflections and it looks like a great spot to be renewed and make good decisions. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sue, your china is lovely. I like your tradition with your sister. I love seeing all of your beautiful animals. I feel the same as you around water. It's a great place to reflect and solve problems. Great job with your steps today! ♥

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love seeing your farm critters and scenes around the farm. I love your pond...ours has alternately been iced over or thawing this winter. I do love to gaze at the water, too, and ponder. The china is just beautiful and a wonderful and thoughtful gift!

Rebecca said...

I SO need to pay attention t getting 10,000 steps in! What a wonderful gift...
The china is lovely, too.
I feel relaxed just scrolling through the rest of the photos, Sue.
Thanks for sharing them. ♥

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

I love the idea of giving gifts in January! Your china is gorgeous, I love birds too, so it really put a smile on my face. What a wonderful sister!

I need to count my steps, but I'm sure I would have to work hard to get to 10,000, especially in the winter...I don't like to go out in the cold!

The photos of your farm are so beautiful...the one on the pond is just gorgeous!! But, I love the farm animals, those turkeys are so adorable. There is nothing like a farm fresh egg, they have such good flavor.

Enjoy your week-end sweet friend,

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Cheryl said...

What a great idea for a Christmas gift . . . a lovely mix of luxury and practicality! That pattern is beautiful!

Yes, I think the animals had a good idea, soaking up that sun. And you did too!

{{Hugs}} and a happy February to you!