Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~I'm still around in blogland, I hope you are too!

Written by Sue, January 14, 2018....     Brrr. cold, partly sunny, temps. low 30
Wow! What a slow start I am having in this new year, the month is half over and I haven't posted once about the farmhouse, not even a howdy-do! This was certainly not the way I had planned it, though I have posted a few times on Instagram.

We have been having prolonged and unusual cold temps. in our area, so much so that a lot of our pipes at the barn froze, and  burst! A lot of our days were spent unthawing troughs, hauling water to the animals, and keeping feed to them.
In extreme cold it takes extra feed to keep them going.
 Every farm needs a few of donkeys, how about seven and still counting.

We were happy to get the pipes fixed and water flowing this weekend. Try hauling water to over 150 animals twice a day for about ten days. Your arms do get a work out. Ha ha

Once we got through this ordeal, I started working on my goals for 2018, with first things first; the decorations needed to come down!

I am happy to report that all of the Christmas decorations are taken down, packed and put away in the garage. Yes! Dh and I did this all by ourselves, we were so proud and tired too!

I have been cleaning, trying  to put the house back in order. I like to start with the kitchen,


The appliances and countertops have been cleaned and polished, windows washed, with the cabinets to be cleaned and organized. I especially love a clean kitchen.


but for some reason I just want to sit by the fire and stay warm. ~smile~


Did I mention eating comfort food too, I guess it takes more food for us in winter also!



Do you have a word or phrase for the new year, I will share mine in my next post.

Wishing you continued joy and  happiness in this new year,
Sue

13 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
So sorry to hear of your pipes bursting and especially with it being so
cold and all....oh my goodness. I am sure that has been quite a work out.
So glad you got all your pipes restored. I can only imagine why all you
want to do is sit by the fire!! lol.....you are probably both down right
exhausted.....

Glad to see you post and hope all is back to normal now...that saying that
says LIFE is what happens when we are making our plans, is so true isn't it.
Our New Years started off with quite a bang too....
I am still working on getting my Christmas stuff down and put away too.
My dining room table is full up with stuff, but will tackle it again tomorrow till it is done. Then comes the fun part of redecorating....yay!!

Hubby is building a fire so gonna go enjoy it....Take care sweet friend,
Blessings,
Nellie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Sue, I am so sorry about the pipes freezing and all the work that caused. Made me tired thinking about it.

Be sure and stop by my blog tomorrow or Tuesday and read about my little Grandson's first sheep show. He's been having to care for them through the bitter cold there in Oklahoma but he was rewarded well this past weekend.

Can't believe how high up your Cmas decor is, my goodness,that doesn't look like it would be safe to put them that high. And, that's a whole lot of decor. Makes me tired just thinking about taking all that down. :o))

Happy week!

ellen b. said...

Oh no! Frozen pipes, so sorry about that. You all really deserve that comfort food and putting your feet up by that fire. That's a lot of work happening at the farm. Those bins look so nice and tidy all put away. I've been contemplating Sanctification in this new year. Blessings on your new week!

Christine said...

Your donkeys are adorable! If only we had room, I have two! Are they “ work” animals? Or just pets?
And if they do work, how do you use they?

Your kitchen sparkles. Such cute lamps beside your farm- sink!

Billie Jo said...

Happy to see you here!
Sorry about the pipes...
But I am envious of your beautiful storage tubs!
Have a great day!

happyone said...

Sorry to hear about your pipes freezing but glad things are back to normal.
Are all those totes just Christmas decorations?

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I'm sorry to hear about the frozen pipes! With all of your animals I'm sure you have been quite busy. I'm impressed with your neat storage of Christmas decor! The weather has been frigid here as well. Maybe a little snow this week. Have a wonderful week. ♥

Rebecca said...

I cannot imagine the extra work those frozen pipes added to your busy lives! You are amazing - and your kitchen looks SO fine ♥ I have a word (kindness) and can't wait to hear yours!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with frozen pipes, Sue. I sure remember what that is like. It's good to see your new post and I hope you'll be back soon. Take care and have a wonderful week!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Oh dear, nothing worse than frozen pipes!! I'm so sorry, what a mess!

Love the photos of your sweet farm animals. Donkeys have the sweetest faces!!

It does take time to get things in order after the holidays! Why does it seem harder to take them down?! I love your storage, all organized and ready for next year. You will be so happy you took the time this year!

Nothing like a cozy, clean kitchen, yours is beautiful!!

Go sit by the fire, you deserve it!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, wow, so sorry about the pipes bursting and the extra work that added to your care of the animals. They sure do look cute and well cared for :)

My husband came home from work early this week to continue working from home because of a water main break in the city he works. Because it effected the fire sprinklers and bathrooms, the building was closed for safety concerns. It has been extremely cold.

You kitchen looks lovely and your pup so warm and cozy by the fire!

Vee said...

You are way ahead of me! ☺️ Hmmmm...nothing like comfort food in cold weather. I enjoyed the clean kitchen...yours, not mine. 🙂

Debbie said...

Oh what an ordeal those pipes were for you two! Glad that's behind you now.
And all of your lovely decorations down and stored neatly away is ANOTHER big accomplishment...Jeff and I had did have help this year! First time ever. With both the setting up and the taking down! Our 17 year old grand daughter and her boyfriend came over and helped and visited with us and trust me we appreciated every minute they gave. Your kitchen being all organized and clean could make me downright jealous. Mine truly needs a good going over too. All of your comfort food posts on instagram look sooo good, seems to me some time by the fire has been earned. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!