Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Sunday thoughts~God's light

Written by Sue, Sunday, January 21, 2018,      Glory be, it's sunny and warm, temps. 60's


 Isaiah 60:1~Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord has come upon you. 
God's light is eternal, it never gets dim, never goes out, as I was watching the light shine on Jack this morning, I was reminded of this eternal light, and of how it shines on us. As believers, we should  reflect this light on a dark and dismal world. My prayer today is that I will shine more brilliantly than ever, that Gods love will shine through my thoughts, actions and deeds.
Blessings, 
Sue

P.S. As promised in my last post, my word for this year is Joy!
 Jesus first
Others second
You(me) last

10 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Beautiful thoughts today - one of my favorite scriptures:

Matthew 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Your word, JOY, is perfect for you Sue. Your posts always make me smile and feel joyful!!

Have a wonderful Sabbath!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Billie Jo said...

Good morning!
Such a lovely photo, and beautiful words this Sunday morning.
Thank you for sharing this cozy morning. : )

Rebecca said...

Yes to LIGHT!
♥ you, Sue.

ellen b. said...

Blessings to you on this Sunday dear Sue. May His light shine through us!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet pup and lovely words. JOY to you and through you this year.

Sandi said...

"As believers, we should reflect this light on a dark and dismal world."

Amen!

The photo at the bottom, the man walking with the ducks, reminds me of my grandpa for some reason--- though the man in the photo is a lot younger!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Lovely thoughts, Sue. Beautiful sun rays on your darling dog. A great reminder for me to let my light shine. You know I love your word for the year. Have a wonderful week. ♥

Christine said...

* * * AMEN! * * *

Cheryl said...

Oh, yes! We have no light other than what we reflect! Beautiful thoughts!

Pam Richardson said...

Lovely thoughts, Sue. JOY, that is a good word and acronym for the year! Blessings~