Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Saturday musings

Written by Sue, Saturday, July 28, 2018        Hot , very humid, 90's with scattered showers.

As this week is coming to an end, I must say it has been so nice to have this break.
It was so overdue!I had no idea  how exhausted we were.

I even had my weekly house cleaning taken care of by DD. When finished cleaning she suggested putting hair color on my hair, informing me that it was that time again. Susan was so pleased with the results she said she wished we had taken a before. Ha Ha I said "no thanks"! We are so thankful and proud of her, she not only has a degree in Cosmetology, but a BSN, and working on her Masters.


So what have I/we been doing, spending as much time with Jack, he is not doing well, lately has had many visits to the vet. I should have written a book(post) on how he came to live with us. He needed us and we needed him, I am not yet ready to say "goodby." He has an appetite, which is a good thing. Like me, old age is catching up.



We have been spending lots of time together, talking, making plans, cooking and eating. He is not only my husband, but best friend, we still finish each others sentences.
Dinner this evening, all grown on the farm except the chicken. We are truly blessed.

 Along with getting plenty of rest, we are drinking lots of infused water, water is so important to our health and well being. If I get a headache, or feel lethargic, I start drinking lots of water and before long it's gone, and I am energized.

Been watching lots of Hallmark Christmas movies, today we found a music channel playing Christmas music , we've been joying this very much. After all you know it is  "Christmas in July."So please don't scold me. Thinking about the holidays especially Christmas gets me through all this heat and humidity. I think the humidity has been the worst this year. Come August I will be planning for fall decorations!~wink~

I have also been trying to get back into blogging, and have spent some time visiting, I guess you have noticed, ~wink~ Thank you for your visits and for your sweet comments, and for my new friends,
Blessings,
Sue

19 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Sue, I Live your color-it is si rich, but there should have been a pic from the front! So sorry about Jack; it breaks our hearts when we see them failing. Love how close you and hubby are! I gave up coffee and tea last winter and just do water with lemon in the morning-it helps my blood pressure. I drink water during the day but will often add in cranberry juice. Sending Loy’s of love your way!
Noreen

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,
God bless dear Jack.....what a gift he has been to you and vice versa. Your hair is lovely. Your header is glorious!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sue, your hair is beautiful. How wonderful to have your daughter help you out with that and other tasks. It's great to have help when we need it! I'm sorry about your sweet pet. Hopefully he will continue to rest comfortably. Enjoy a restful evening. ♥

ellen b. said...

Hello dear Sue, nice to see this post. I've been away from visiting blogs, too. Your hair looks real nice. Sorry about your dear pet. It's always hard to see loved ones suffer. Oye, humidity is tough. Go on and enjoy Christmas in July! Hope you have a good Sunday.

Pam Richardson said...

Hi Sue, sounds like your time has been well spent. I love the color of your hair! Hopefully your sweet pet will get better soon.

Theresa said...

Sweet Jack, I hope he will pep up and feel better. Sounds like you have been spending wonderful time doing things you love. We all need a little break occasionally! Your dinner looks SO yummy, my favorite meals are straight from the garden. OH GIRL, your hair is GAWGEOUS! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Gayla said...

Love the color on your hair! What a sweet little dog. I hope the vet can help him!

Sandi said...

Your hair is fabulous!

"If I get a headache, or feel lethargic, I start drinking lots of water and before long it's gone, and I am energized."

Yes! Been doing this too. I was feeling so tired amd I felt like the Lord told me I was dehydrated. Drank more water, felt so much better.


Hugs to Jack. :(

happyone said...

Your hair looks very pretty.
Sure hope Jack is feeling better.

Billie Jo said...

Your hair is beautiful!!!!
And sorry about your Jack.
I am working on drinking more water!
It does help.
So glad you enjoyed Christmas in July!
We did the same. : )
Hugs!

Rebecca said...

Ditto to all the others said above!❤️

Farm Girl said...

What nice pictures. Your daughter did wonderful with your hair. It really looks amazing. I love the color.
Wow, Christmas in July? I think I try to ignore it as much as possible. :)
Yes, water is so important. Everything looks lovely at your house in spite of the heat. Its hot here too. Ours though is smoke and humidity. Yuck.
Have a wonderful week.

Chris said...

Thank you for your comments on my block.. what a busy lady you are I looked back and saw all your bottling (canning?) Looks amazing. We only make marmalade these days because we don't get round to eating bottled fruit or jam (jelly?) Every blessing to you and your family.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love Christmas in July and Hallmark has such wonderful movies.
Your pups are so cute. Hope Jack starts to feel better. We just had our little girl Skye at the vet this morning. Your dinner looks yummy and yes water is very important!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I forgot to mention your hair, love the color!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Glad to hear you and your hubby have been taking a break, sometimes we really need
that.......so nice your daughter came to visit and also did your housework and hair
for you, how special. Mine used to do mine too before she moved away! She did a great
job on your hair....it looks very pretty.

So sorry to hear about your lil doggie, he looks like a puppy still. Glad he has
an appetite still, will shoot up some prayers for him and yall......they can be
so much like family, it is heartbreaking when they get sick or old.

We watch Hallmark movies all the time.....and we have been sleeping in some
morning too, and doing lots of simple things together....my hubby is my best
friend too.........we have lots in common don't we??

You take care sweetie and continue to enjoy your time off...../

Love and blessings,
Nellie

Anonymous said...

Praying.

Gina said...

Sue, such sweet puppy pictures and you and your husband too. I've tried infused water but I don't think I'm getting the proportions correct because it doesn't always taste right.

Praying. God bless you.

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Your hair color is gorgeous! I always wanted one of my girls to be a cosmetologist!

It's always so sad when our little furry family is under the weather - hugs to you.

My husband is also my best friend and confidant, I don't know what I would do without him. He retired when he was 57, after 40 years of being a pipe-fitter. My friends said that I would get tired of him being "underfoot". I love having him with me, sharing our life together and enjoying it completely...I have never once felt like he was "underfoot"! Keep enjoying those wonderful moments with your sweetheart!

Hugs and Love,
Barb