Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~A Little of this and a little of that~

Written by Sue, Monday, February 18, 2019              rain, temps. 60's

Tis the season for a pot of soup, we have been having our typical winter weather, I had been thinking about vegetable soup for a few days. Once the house was cleaned Saturday, I made a fairly large pot, thinking it would last us at least a few days. 90% of the veggies that went into making this soup were grown and preserved here at the farm. Therefore it is so much easier to make, just add browned ground beef with onions, and simmer.

When Susan found out that I had a made one of her favorite soups, she asked if I had extra, and you know how we mothers are, we love doing, and giving to our children. So off this jar went.



We are so proud of her accomplishments while overcoming some very disappointing situations. Here she is speaking at her graduation from nursing school, she earned her BSN, and is now working on her Masters.

 Susan loves helping her dad with farm chores,  Here she is helping with the cleanup from hurricane Florence.

She always loves hanging out at the barn with the lambs."You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl."~smile~


Today she starts a new job, assistant nursing coordinator at a rehab facility, she is very happy, because administration is her gift. She is so organized and is such a people person, the organization she gets from me, being a social butterfly, or people person  she gets from her dad.They both have never seen a stranger ~LOL~ 


That's about all for now, today, we will be going to one of my favorite stores to get farm supplies,(Tractor Supply) then out to lunch at my favorite country restaurant, (remember someone else is having my soup today.)~wink~ I have a few other projects on my to-do list too!


Love, 
Sue

14 comments:

Vee said...

Warm congrats to your daughter on her accomplishments. I am glad that you shared your soup with her. She prolly needs some comfort food on her first day of her new job. Love that pboto of her with the wee lamb.

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations to your lovely daughter!
And your soup looks delicious!
I can almost smell it!
Have a cozy day, my friend.
I am slow getting going this morning!
So cozy with my coffee watching the snow fall. : )

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for your daughter, having a job she loves is wonderful! You are a good Mom sharing your soup:)

Mrs.T said...

Sounds like your daughter has found the perfect job!

The soup looks good and how nice that you shared it!

I have a Mexican meatball soup in the crock pot right now. My hubby is working about an hour away at the moment so I need to make meals that can wait until he gets here!

It's been snowing all day here ...

happyone said...

Congratulations on all your daughters accomplishments. You must be very proud of her.
OH my that soup looks delicious. It would have been appreciated here on this cold winters day.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, we have the direct opposite with our daughter. She was raised in a very city life and now lives a very country life and does it well. It's so funny to me as I would have never dreamed. Congratulations to your daughter! Job well done! Have a great new week!

Farm Girl said...

How great for Susan! Great job.! Your soup looks wonderful. I do love Tractor Supply. My favorite store.
I hope you had a lovely day. I love your lambs.
I hope you have a lovely day and thank you so much for sharing.

Barbara said...

Your daughter is a beautiful gal. I know she will do very well with her new job. We appreciate people who are called to work in rehab facilities because they put up with some 'interesting' personalities -- most people are not at their best when recuperating from illness, surgery, injuries, etc. So to have people like your daughter in this special line of work is very good!

Your soup looks good!

Cranberry Morning said...

You glow with happiness at the thought of your daughter, as I think many of us do. Sounds like a wonderful woman. And that soup looks great. We're in line for a couple winter storms here in the next few days, so I think soup will be on our menu too! :-) xo

Christine said...

✨Congratulations✨ Susan!
Not only gifted but beautiful.

ellen b. said...

Ahh, Sue, God bless your dear daughter as she starts her new job. This mom took soup from a big pot she made on Sunday to her kids on this side of the mountains. It's always good to share from those big pots! Love the descriptions you gave. Now I need to go and freeze a few portions of that soup for a later date. Enjoy your Tuesday!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Isn't it wonderful when we can celebrate the accomplishments of our children. I adore the photo of her and the darling lamb. I'm sure she is thanking her Mother for the wonderful soup. Enjoy your afternoon. ♥

Mari said...

Congrats to your daughter! I work as a unit manager/infection control nurse at a rehab facility. I love it but staffing is a huge problem in our area - not enough nurses!
I know what you mean about loving to help our kids. I know she loved that soup!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Sue! Your soup looks so good and just wonderful that the produce is all homegrown. Your beautiful Susan... such a great accomplishment. One of our daughters is nearing the end of nursing school so I know how hard it is. Four children and constant study.

It is always a blessing to pop in and visit with you. Your home and your life are so inspiring :)