Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Happy Valentine's Day

Written by Sue, Thursday, February 14, 2019.           sunny, cool temps. 60's

Hope your day was filled with many blessings.

This is how we spent our Valentine's Day, we called and invited my Mother  to her favorite restaurant for lunch, she accepted as she had an appointment at the hair salon at 1 o'clock! 

Does her hair look like it needs fixing, I don't think so. This is the way she looks from one appt. to another. I have never seen my Mother disheveled in any way. She always looks and smells so nice. Isn't she cute?
After we parted ways, Dh and I ran errands, I went to some of my favorite little shops, (as Dh calls them) and I did find a few deals.... a new paring knife, two hot pads, a pair of sox with sheep on them, room and linen freshener, a new quilt, boy do I have plans for you, and you are not going on a bed. ~wink.
It was getting late, and we were both tired, sooooo


we decided to end our excursion by eating a light dinner at  one of our favorite restaurant. But it doesn't end here.

While I was at the Christmas Tree shop, Mr P supposedly goes to get gas, when we arrived home, I went to shower, and this is what was waiting for me. Angel Annie, loves being photographed with all my pretties.i


Whew!!!!  am I 'tired, but a good tired!~smile~

Blessings,
Sue

15 comments:

Pam Richardson said...

Your mom is beautiful and what a sweet day you had! Have a wonderful weekend!

Theresa said...

Your Mother is beautiful and I know she enjoyed spending time with you. A little shopping is a lot of fun for me and it looks like you got some great finds. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Vee said...

Sounds like a happy day from start to finish. Your mother is a beautiful woman who obviously takes good care of herself. I wish that my kids could say that they never had seen me disheveled...ha!

Now you have me good and curious about your plans for the quilt. Guess that I’ll have to stay tuned. Awww...sweet bouquet from your beloved.

Debbie Harris said...

A beautiful day in deed!
Your mother reminds me of my own dear mom and I too took mom to lunch at a lovely French bakery/restraint then she had a hair appt at 2:00, isn't that funny?!
Mom takes very good care of herself and is such a lady.

Your flowers are beautiful that your DH surprised you with and Angel Annie is doing a terrific job looking after them. :-)

Have a beauty day~

Schotzy said...

You mother isw absolutely lovely.. Sounds like you had a wonderful day expressing love and appreciation to your spoecial valentines!! May each day be valentine's day in your world!!!

Mrs.T said...

What a fun day you had! And your mother is beautiful. I chuckled in agreement when I I read Vee's comment above. You will never hear my kids say that they have never seen their mother disheveled. Probably more often than not, actually.

Looking forward to hearing what you are going to do with that quilt!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your mom looks great and definitely put together well! That was a nice way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Such a cute little angel. I love the Vintage cards too.

happyone said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.
Your mom looks lovely. My gramma was always looking her best like that too. Not me, my kids could never say that about me!!! :)

NanaDiana said...

Hi Sue,
Your mom is as cute as a button. Sadly, my kids will never say that they never saw me with a hair out of place....lol
I am your newest follower-not quite sure how I found you but here I am.
I will put you on my sidebar because I read from there and some bloggers might find you from there, too.
I am looking forward to getting to know you- Hugs- Diana

Zaa said...

Sounds like a happy day ... Your mother is a darling... You had a perfect Valentine's Day...Enjoy your sweet little Angel Annie...Hugs

Nancy's Notes said...

Your mom looks just so sweet and adorable! What a wonderful day out and about with your hubby and shopping too!
Have a great weekend~
Nancy

ellen b. said...

Hello dear Sue! Your mom is a cutie for sure. How nice to take her out for lunch on Valentine's day. Sounds like a good tiring day filled with sweet blessings. Hope your weekend is going well.

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Sounds like a perfect day! Your mom is just beautiful, and it's so wonderful that you could take her to lunch and spend that precious time with her. What a special way to end a great day!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

KONULOJİ said...

very good :) my site follow please

living from glory to glory said...

What a lovely day you had! I enjoyed reading about what you are up to! I will be praying for your friend Frances.
Hugs, Roxy