Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~I love to play~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, February 19, 2019       cold, rain, temps. 40

I  played on my computer this morning, trying to catch up on visiting friends here in blogland, to all those I visited today it was such a joy to see what you have been up to. I always leave so encouraged, and motivated! I also learn so much of where you live and of your  beautiful lives!

 About 12 o'clock I put a whole organic chicken in my crockpot., that just happened to be on sale. So simple, a crockpot makes a chicken so tender. It was busy cooking while I was baking, we worked so well together. ~smile~

 Last week one of our granddaughters called to say hi, and in the course of our conversation she just happened to mention how much  they enjoyed the cookies and jam we had sent them at Christmas, and that they had just finished the last jar of jam.`~wink~ so I promised to send them more as soon as possible, along with a batch of cookies.

 I love to bake, especially on rainy, cold days, today was just such a day..



I made three different kinds of cookies, Sinful Oatmeal,

Look at all those goodies mixed together, no wonder they are called sinful!

Christmas was the first time I had made these and they have become my family's favorite,  here are the ingredients. I try and use organic or all natural as much as possible.

1 cup butter; 1 cup packed brown sugar; 1/3 cup white sugar; 2 eggs; 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract; 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour; 1tsp.baking soda; 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal; 1 cup raisins; 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cups chopped pecans; 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, vanilla, mix well; add flour, baking soda, mix, add oatmeal, raisins, nuts mix well, the batter will be thick, drop heaping tsps. spoon full on parchment lined pan, bake at 350 10 to 12 minutes. Enjoy!

I made my old standby Chocolate Chip,  these used to be number 1, I have a secret ingredient in all my recipes,...LOVE!


Per her request, granddaughters favorite, Pecan Melt Aways, very simple ingredients, so delicious, not real sweet, I made extra that I will dip in chocolate tomorrow. Cookies are like people, they come in all shapes and sizes, unique, one of a kind!

I enjoyed playing today, but playtime is now over and I have got to do some serious housework this week, My dining room is begging to be cleaned and decorated for spring, yes I do start early as it takes me so long. It's and age thing,  something I haven't wanted to admit for a long while~smile~

Blessings,
Sue

18 comments:

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sue, your day sounds perfect! The cookies look delicious. Thank you for the
oatmeal cookie recipe. Your granddaughter will be so excited to open these goodies. Your chicken must have been tender and delicious. Your post this evening is making me hungry! Have a lovely week. ♥

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

My kind of day!! I love to cook chicken in the slow cooker, it really does make it soooo tender, and makes the house smell wonderful while it cooks!

Your cookies look delightful! Thanks for the recipe for the oatmeal cookies, they are one of my favorite. I love the three kinds of nuts, but Bob is allergic to tree nuts, so I usually add more raisins when it calls for nuts. You have a very lucky granddaughter, and I think you are pretty lucky to have her as well!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, it always makes me smile to see you have visited!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Linda said...

Thank you for the recipe! Such wonderful cookies!mYou are going to have some really happy family members! Our weather was cold and rainy! Are you in the Dallas/Fort Worth area too??

Theresa said...

OH YUM, you made me hungry:) I love baking when the weather is YUCK outside! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'll bet the chicken from the crockpot was so good, Sue! I'm sure your granddaughter will be thrilled with all the goodies that you are going to be sending. Oatmeal cookies are my favorites!

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend!
I wish I could pop in for a visit!
Would you believe I have never cooked a chicken in the crockpot??
And I would love love love the recipe for the pecan cookies sometime!
It is cold and snowy outside today, but I am ready to decorate for spring too.
Have a cozy day, and thank you for a beautiful post this snowy morning. : )

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning, Your cookies look wonderful! I love a homemade cookie, but once in a while an Oreo finds its way in my kitchen. And of course I will eat them. So enjoy seeing you again! Yes a little older and a bit slower around here. But I so enjoy my days here God has given me. Seeing cookies and soup or a meal in a crock-pot all says Home and love for me...
Blessings to you and congrats on your daughter's accomplishments.
Love your pictures!

happyone said...

I've come across a lot of people baking cookies lately. :) I just got finished baking chocolate chippers.

Pam Richardson said...

Sue, the cookies look so delicious.and your secret ingredient is what makes them so good! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Sue, my tummy is grumbling just looking at those cookies! I really do need to do some baking soon!

Christine said...

I like the way you think!
Not one, not two but THREE kinds of cookies!
Grandmas love to spoil their grand kids.

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Sue, So wonderful to see your comment, which made me come visit. I'd love to know what you add to your crock pot for your chicken-haven't done one like that. Your cookies look so delicious, so thoughtful of you to make some for the grands. Have a blessed week.
Hugs,
Noreen

Cheryl said...

The recipients of your "love" packages are lucky indeed! They look so yummy!

I have never cooked a whole chicken in a crock pot. I think I need to give that a try. I have several roasters in my freezer right now . . .

Happy decorating! Spring will be here soon!

Vee said...

It’s nice to have your granddaughter drop some hints about your baking. She’s a smart gal. Yes, this age thing has us all in its sights. It takes me forever to accomplish a thing . Oh well, we will just keep plugging along. Happy puttering!

Sandi said...

Sinful Oatmeal! Great name... :) I will have to try your recipe.

How long does it take to cook an entire chicken in a crockpot?

Debby Ray said...

Oh my goodness, your cookies look so good I could almost taste them! And there's nothing better or simpler than good ol' crockpot cooking. Now you've gone and made me hungry! Enjoy the remainder of the week!

Farm Girl said...

You always work me under the table. :) What lovely cookies. It was that kind of day here yesterday and I baked cookies too.
Don't you love the idea of approaching spring? I love my crockpot. I love having dinner in it and then working outside and know that dinner is already made. Your chicken looks great.
So glad to see you posting Sue, I love reading about what you are doing.
Have a nice day

ellen b. said...

I like how you play. It has been so long since I've made cookies. I should remedy that. How sweet to get that phone call from your granddaughter. Those pecan meltaways are calling my name. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday, Sue!