Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Monday Morning Musings~

Written by Sue, Monday, February 25, 2019     sunny warm, 70 so happy to see the sun again today.

I do enjoy my slow cooker, I can  put some meat in and it cooks while I am doing other things, I can even go out and work in the garden, or walk.





Remember the pork roast I bought on sale, last week, very little fat, after rubbing with mixture of 1/4 tsp.ground ginger, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder,1/8 tsp thyme, salt, pepper , I browned it in pan on all sides, then into slow cooker, mix and pour over it with 2 cups chicken broth, 2T. lemon juice, 1 T soy sauce

 I found and tried this recipe from Trish Yearwood, Slow Cooker Pork Loin, simple and I must add it was so delicious.

And that gravy was so delicious, and easy peasy., pan drippings with cornstarch!

While the pork loin was cooking I decided to make some cookie dough to bake this morning, or freeze,  think I will bake half.


More cookies, for mailing, and gift giving to put in another gift basket that I will be making this week. I found out yesterday that a neighbor was having surgery this week and thought  she might need some cheering up.

You probably think all I have to talk about is baking cookies and making gift baskets, I suppose you are right. While discussing this with Mr P yesterday, I jokingly said to him that in my old age I want to be known as the "Gift Basket, and Cookie Making Lady." ~wink~

I made three different recipes, Barbs recipe, go to this link here Soft Sugar Cookies, I have been wanting to try this for a while, and finally got around to it., can hardly wait to taste them. I so enjoy Barb's blog, she and I have been friends for a long time here in blogland.

#2 was Snicker Doodle, my first memory of this recipe goes way back, when I was a young busy mother of four children and needed homemade goodies for school,and other activities, there was a sweet lady in our community that had a bake shop in her home that came to my rescue more than a few times. ~grin~

#3, is a recipe called Ranger Cookies, that I took and changed to fit my notion, (I do that a lot) we shall call it Sue's Ranger Cookie recipe, not very original, is it. I couldn't wait to try these so I baked a dozen, my professional Cookie Tester gave them an A+, You know who my professional cookie tester is, don't you, of course, Mr P.

What a welcoming sight for me this morning, it has been quite a while since seeing the sun streaming into my kitchen.

The weather has taken a change for the better, as soon as I bake some of these cookies, I am off to the green house.
May your day be filled with many blessings.

Love,
Sue

15 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good Morning!
Your meal looks delicious, and I am going to try that recipe soon!
Please keep posting about cookies, I always enjoy reading!
Your kitchen is absolutely stunning!
Thank you for sharing the beautiful photo with the sun streaming in.
We have extremely high winds and flurries today.
Have a cozy day in your part of the world!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

That pork roast sure sounds good, Sue. I have one in the freezer and I will give your recipe a go. All of your baking sounds wonderful. Being known as the "Gift Basket and Cooking Baking Lady" sounds lovely to me. I know your friends and neighbors must be thankful for your kindness. Your kitchen is so pretty and inviting. What a fun place to do all of that baking! ♥

Mrs.T said...

That pork loin looks and sounds delicious! I love my slow cooker and often use two in one meal!

The kitchen photo with the sun streaming in is just gorgeous.

Always enjoy reading about cookies! My favorite thing to bake!

living from glory to glory said...

I was just thinking about getting out my crock pot and making some soup! I always like to think of you making and baking and keeping us inspired! It it like opening a lovely magazine or a cookbook and being inspired to create something yummy. (A Taste Of Home)
Hugs, Roxy

Farm Girl said...

I love my slow cooker too. I just love to be able to do my work and not have to worry about dinner. Your roast looks wonderful.
I like you cookie recipes. I baked so many last week to mail too.
My son who is in Fletcher N.C said last week they got 80 inches of rain!
I just can't imagine that. For a rainy winter here if we are lucky we get 10 inches.
I love your chats and your posts. Have a wonderful time in your greenhouse. Nothing better than watching things grow. I got a late start today because I was doing just that, fooling in the garden and watering and all of that. Have a nice day.

ellen b. said...

You had me at gravy! That looks like a great slow cooker meal. I used my slow cooker for a Pork Butt seasoned with Mexican spices. It was delicious. So happy to see that sun streaming through your window. It does have a way to revive the spirits! Hope you are having a good week.

Mari said...

Oooh! That pork roast looks good. I like my slow cooker too.
I think if you are known as the cookie and gift basket lady, you will be doing well. You are spreading joy!

Anonymous said...

Oh drat! I've planned my menu for the week when I know want to make a pork roast like yours! Maybe next week! And what are Ranger cookies? Inquiring minds (and tummies) want to know! xo

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my goodness, I want a cookie! You always make me smile with your posts, so uplifting and happy. Have a great week!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog! I love being your friend, and look forward to putting a pork roast in the crock pot...I'm putting it in in the morning!

I can't think of anything that would be better than to be known as the, Gift Basket and Cookie Making Lady! I had a friend who used to make goodies and share them on a regular basis, everyone loved the goodies, but mostly they loved her.

The weather is also changing here in Idaho, mostly rain today, not snow! I'm so looking forward to Spring! Your kitchen looks so cozy with the sun streaming through the window!

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Stephanie said...

A cheery good morning to you, my friend! Oh, how charming your posts are and I always enjoying getting a glimpse inside your home...your kitchen is darling.

Have a most beautiful day, dear one! Hugs!

Christine said...

What a great way to spend a day, cooking, baking and in the Green House.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the sun streaming in! And how neat that you bake cookies to give. It's something you can enjoy doing and know it will be appreciated too. I don't eat sugar so when someone gives us cookies, my husband is doubly blessed! I still bake some sweets for him though and Snicker Doodles are his favorite cookie! I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks for visiting me and giving me encouragement. It's been a rough week! Sweet hugs, Diane

Cheryl said...

The sun is surely a welcome sight! We have seen so little of it lately that when it finally comes, it warms the soul!!

The cookies sound yummy . . . but what it really tempting me is that pork loin! Must try that . . .

Happy Thursday, Sue! So nice to visit with you today!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh my! All those cookies sound delicious, and what a delightful treat for your friends to enjoy! Nothing like homemade cookies to really bless your friends! I think you have inspired me to think how I can give little gift baskets to friends around me who need some encouraging, this is just a simple thing to do, but can bring so much joy! May the Lord bless and multiply the blessings of your efforts!