Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~The gift that keeps on giving~

Written by Sue, Thursday, February, 2019     sunny, mild, what a great day, 70

That gift is love, I John 4:11~ Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

I've been busy today making  gift baskets for friends who need a little cheering up. Here are  a few ideas, for making these baskets. I am calling these my spring baskets and you will see why. I will make three baskets with plenty left over.

We always need some whimsical, to make us smile, blowing bubbles, stuffed animal, small figurines,
 an Easter cube puzzle.

 We must always be practical too, tissues, and hand sanitizers.
Lets not forget to freshen our rooms, love these fragrances for spring.

Whimsical socks to keep our tootsies warm.
 Alway, always something to snack on, healthy first and then some sweets.

Shower gel and cream are nice gifts too, great sale!
We must have something to read, I found these at the Dollar Tree, so wonderful.
 A special mug, with encouraging words, that can remind the person of who they are, and that they are going to be fine.
 More whimsy for sure, aren't they cute as a button.~smile~
Homemade cookies are so nice with either tea or coffee in the new mug. I finally finished baking yesterday, and have plenty of packages to mail, they are all going over the USA, (grandchildren and children.)

Number one is completed and will be delivered this afternoon,, My dear friend had back surgery, this week, after having a head-on collision over a year ago. She is doing well! But still has a lot of surgeries ahead of her. Prayers for a quick recovery are needed. Remember, only one is to be opened each day, and NO PEEKING!~WINK~

I am off to finish two more to be mailed.

Personal note:
I have so much fun finding items, wrapping  and giving them, but why do this one might ask? Because I have experienced prolonged illnesses, and each gift of love meant so much to me.

The items in the basket, are not expensive at all, and if you know me, I'm such a bargain hunter, every thing was on sale, I love nice things and I wait until they are on sale.

This has been such a busy work week for us, we have accomplished so much! Having a break in the weather has been such a blessings.
May your day be filled with many  blessings.
Sue

17 comments:

ellen b. said...

What a lovely way to help someone who is homebound and needs encouragement. Your ideas are good and thoughtful. God bless and help and heal those you are giving them to.

Theresa said...

What a wonderful idea to brighten someone’s day. Love shared gives love right back. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's always fun to put together gifts that you know will bring joy! It really is more blessed to give than receive...but we receive so much as well! I volunteer at a Hospice house once a week as a patient visitor and I'm making cards to put on their bulletin boards. I enjoy making them and they are appreciated by the patients AND their families. Keep up the good work! Spreading JOY!!! Hugs, Diane

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are so cute. You are so sweet to give those out.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I love your sweet gift baskets, Sue. How nice of you to lift the spirits of those that need it. I like the idea of opening one gift a day--so exciting for the recipient. God Bless you for your generous heart! ♥

Anonymous said...

Sue, what absolutely adorable gift baskets! I was just watching a YouTube video about them. I am hoping to go to Dollar Tree this weekend. I've seen such cute things on videos. Your special basket recipients will be so blessed!! xo

Stephanie said...

This is just the sweetest idea, my friend, and oh, I love the treasures you've tucked inside for someone special. You have such a beautiful, giving spirit.

Love and hugs to you, dear one!

Vee said...

Your friends are blessed. And I know that you are blessed in your giving...

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

How thoughtful and I love, love making gift baskets and make quite a few myself but you have given me even more ideas. We all enjoy being thought of in such a special way.

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful way to bless your friends who are hurting.

happyone said...

Oh those are simply delightful. What a wonderful idea and so thoughtful of you to do.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What wonderful ideas! I am certain that your friend will love the bags...and what a treat to get a different gift everyday:)

Mari said...

Your gift baskets are so sweet! I know your friend will feel the love that goes into it!

Gayla said...

What a sweetheart! I know your friends are blessed by your thoughtful baskets and your caring heart! I love seeing your good ideas!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh Sue! What a beautiful generous way to share your love and bring joy to the hearts of your recipients! I just love this idea and the concept of having them just open one a day too! I have a friend who just had surgery, and this would be perfect to make for her, thank you for this beautiful inspiration! Your gift basket looks soo lovely, and will be such an incredible blessing to your friends! Blessings and hugs to you :)

Zaa said...

OMG ..You are a busy little bunny .. and what a nice way to brighten someone's day. Your baskets are fun and pretty and practical...Good idea to open one a day ( ha ha) We still have 6 feet of snow ... but it's starting to melt so Spring is on the way...Enjoy your week Sweet Lady ...Hugs

Christine said...

The picture of the mother coming in from outside, cracked me up!
I love visiting your farm. Good to see some of the farm animals, Uncle Joe and Rain.


(You have such a BIG heart, making and giving away special baskets. So sweet!)