Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Do you know the color for 2019?

Written by Sue, Tuesday, March 12, 2019          sunny, warm, 60's, a beautiful day!
What have I been up to?
Twice a year I clean the house from top to bottom, (spring and fall), which means I clean and organize  closets, cabinets, pantry, windows, baseboards, etc. All the while trying to maintain each week.💪
internet photo

I will admit that over the past few years it takes me a little longer, I would like to say the reason is that I am more thorough, but truth is, it is age related. I continuously tell my Physician that even though my body is slowing down, I refuse to let my mind. ~wink~ When I ask Dh why I can't seem to get more done in a day, he reminds me that we both are not spring chickens anymore!~ 🐔😱~

Do you know the color for 2019? It is called Living Coral, Isn't it a beautiful color. Living Coral, has a pink tint to it.

I didn't realize how much of this color I had  at the farmhouse. I love how they have pared this color with light blue, almost a light aqua. the photo doesn't do it justice.

This cup was wrapped and placed in a gift basket, and yes! I am still making gift baskets, and baking cookies.~wink~  the blue and coral pared together again.
Love this tea towel, same colors
More of the same, and just think, I had these linens already in my closet. I am decorating for spring as I clean, hopefully I will finish this week.
Tis the season for busyness here at the farmhouse, but I guess you could say it is always busy on the farm. Uncle Joe and Rain says 'Hello' and not to sweat the small stuff.

I call it my

Blessings from our home to yours,
Sue

16 comments:

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

You are amazing, Sue. Cleaning from top to bottom twice a year! I had to giggle at the taking longer thought---so me. Love seeing the farm animals. Coral is not my color, but my Mama loved it. Sending good wishes for happy days!

Vee said...

Spring cleaning certainly explains where you’ve been! (Since I am a Flybaby, I don’t clean that way anymore. Thank goodness! It would probably kill me.) Your home must be gleaming and that is always a good feeling.

Hello right back to Uncle Joe and Rain. 😁

Billie Jo said...

Hello, sweet friend!
I can just imagine the gleaming, fresh home you have today!
What a wonderful feeling.
Lovely colors and photos here.
Have a cozy day!!!

Linda said...

I love to clean and I really love a clean house! I’m slower, too, and don’t really spring clean anymore. I do completely clean every room in my house throughout the year. Normally, I clean the house doing one extra job in each and every room. I love the smell of ‘clean.’ My mother used to say she was surprised I didn’t put a dab of Pine Sol behind each ear!
PS....I’m doing our bedroom today!

Farm Girl said...

I try to get it done too. I don't like to admit I have slowed down.
I think it is my brain though, I go through stuff and I stand and think way too much.
I love that color. That is really nice. I am so glad for the update.
Have a great day.

ellen b. said...

Hats off to you or should I say Dusters off to you! Well done. I did not know what the color for 2019 was. You have some pretty things in that color. We did a huge bit of re-organizing in our laundry room and storage room because we purchased a new refrigerator and will be putting the old one in the laundry room so lots of shuffling went on. Hope you have a beautiful rest of your week.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty color, Sue! It almost looks like a melon color. It looks beautiful with the blue! xo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's one of my favorite colors. I've tried to collect a few pillow shams and all that are 'shabby chic' in those soft colors. It's the nice time of year to go hiking here so I'll clean in the summer when it's too hot to hike! That is....if you'll remind me! hahaha! Hugs!

Trish said...

Such pretty colours Sue! As usual, you set a wonderful example for us homemakers..happy Spring Clean to you! Trish

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Theresa said...

Oh Sue, me too and my husband says the same thing... we are not Spring Chickens:) I adore that color and have lots of it scattered throughout my house. Have a blessed day on your Farm Sweet Farm, HUGS!

Lorrie said...

I'm impressed by your cleaning routine, Sue. I tend to go through the house throughout the year for deep cleaning. Living Coral is a pretty colour. The tea towel you show is just lovely.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You're pretty amazing. I can say that I haven't done that for years and years. I do however keep a clean house but we need to move and it the task ahead of me is overwhelming. That color looks lovely. I'm not a fan of coral but this definitely has pink in it which makes it very nice to look at.

happyone said...

I used to have a good spring cleaning but now I seem every so often just to take one room and give it a good deep clean.

That is a pretty color but I looked around my house and see I don't have anything at all that color!

Tanza Erlambang said...

lovely farm house...
have a great day

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
I am in love with that coral and Blue together as well.
Such a lovely combination. What a nice thing to do making
gift baskets....I am sure the recipients are overjoyed to
get them, love your rule about opening one a day...How fun.
All your cookies look amazing and am so wishing you could
email me one......lol
Nice to see you have been blogging on a regular basis again.
Read back and caught up.....
Been busy around her lately too. I am in process of decorating and cleaning for Spring as well. The decorating kinda helps make the cleaning fun. Course, I am not doing
drawers and closets right now. We are having our shed
rebuilt practically (my father-in-law built it for my
daughter as a play house 32 yrs. ago, and she saw one
roach in there and that was the end of that, so it really
never got used for it's intended purpose, sadly...and sort
of just became a catch all sort of....anyway, when it is
redone it will house all our garden equipment, mower and
tools, so we can get them out of our garage. Can hardly
wait, but the project is going slower than we thought.
They have demo and today they jacked it up and laid the
boards to pour a concrete foundation which hopefully will
happen next Saturday. We've also been working on our online retirement business which is taking forever but
we knew that would be the case, but we are just plugging away like the ants...lol
Well, you take care hon,
Good to hear what is happening with you at the farm.
Love and Blessings,
Nellie