Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"Happy Spring Time" decorations, and a simple project~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, April 3, 2019        Warm, sunny, temps, 70

Hello dear Friends, I hope your spring has finally sprung, our spring can't make up her mind if she wants to stay or not, I am hoping she will stay!
I just can't seem to get on a regular schedule of blogging, something I enjoy so much seems to elude me. There just hasn't been much time for posting or reading, as I go about my daily tasks I think of you all so often, and whisper a prayer especially for specific needs.

 I am almost finished with inside spring cleaning and decorating, plans were to finish weeks ago, but this journey called "life" steps in and rearranges things for us. I am still learning to go with the flow.

My Mother stopped by the other day, (her visits always make me smile!) I was happy to show her the spring decorations, here is a photo of her in my dining room,(she loved it), one of my favorite rooms, One of the reasons I enjoy this room is because of the way the sun shines through as I pass in the morning, and of all the memories made around the table.
Butterflies and rabbits are my theme this year, the candle is a timer led light, so pretty with the butterfly sitting on it at night.
You might remember the"blessings jars I made, I decided to make one especially for spring! We have been counting and recording our blessings.

Would you have ever guessed that this jar was once a candle from Bath and Body Works, isn't it pretty!

I have been making  "blessings/ thankful" jars with cookies/candy and a note about them and giving them to friends and family, I made one to give to our daughter for her office, she loved it.

This is a good project to do with children, when made for themselves, it teaches them of the importance of being thankful and counting their many blessings, they can decorate with whatever they like. What a joy it is to open and read what was dated and written on a simple note in the past, whether a week, months, or a year.

When given to someone with goodies, it teaches children the kind act of giving.  All it takes, is a jar, stickers, ribbons, and a glue gun. I was using jars with rubber seals, but found some less expensive and prettier ones at Marshals,(love this store), I found the stickers at Hobby Lobby, 50% off! You might want to consider a plastic jar for young children.

of course we want to fill it with goodies, i.e. homemade cookies, or candy, with a lovely card explaining how to use the jar by adding thankful notes. These make the most wonderful gifts!
I made the one with the sheep for my friend who is undergoing chemo treatments, ( they have a sheep farm), please continue to pray for her she hasn't been doing well!🙏
 This is a lighted flower tree, I added eggs, and one of my favorites, butterflies, I also put a string of led lights that comes on automatically for 4 hours.
Just a little farmhouse news, today, thank you for your visits and comments.
Now, I am off to fix dinner, have a blessed evening.
Blessings,
Sue


14 comments:

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Spring is lovely in your home, Sue. Your dining room is beautiful and so is your mother. All the touches made me smile. Your thoughtful ideas are so creative and decorated so nicely. I'm sure your kindness makes the recipient very happy. Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

Sue, your decor is so fresh and bright! Love the lit tree! What great ideas with the jars. xo

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love these blessing jars and may make or make with my Gran girls. I like the whole idea of them. We can never be too mindful of our many blessings! Blessings abundant!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

It is all so cheery and lovely.

Vee said...

Your Easter decor is festive and pretty. The dining room table all set up looks fabulous. Your mom is such a beautiful lady. Wonderful gift ideas for us, too. I sometimes have reason to give little gifts.

Lorrie said...

What pretty spring and Easter decorations you have. The table is lovely, as is your mom. So nice that she can stop by for a visit. Counting our blessings is a good practice and anything that helps us do that is beneficial.

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

What a pretty Easter table, and as always, you beautiful mom just makes it shine! The, Thankful Jars are such a cute idea, especially if cookies are inside...one of the blessings to add to the jar! I totally understand about being and off and on blogger, time just gets away from me so quickly, and yes...life!

You are a blessing, Sue!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Zaa said...

Dear Sue ..Thanksfor your sweet visit...OMG .. How wonderful is that Easter Egg Tree... It's so inspiring ... I really must get to decorating too ... Those little jars are too darn cute ... and ... Your Easter tablescape and decor is just brimming with JOY ... Somehow your mother is the perfect centrepiece in the picture...This was such a lovely post... Have a fabulous Week-end...Hugs

Pam Richardson said...

Hi Sue, what a beautiful picture of your Mom! Your dining room looks so lovely and spring-filled. I did a Blessings jar last summer with my 2 year old granddaughter and she loved it. They are wonderful ideas as a thoughtful gift. Have a wonderful weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go on your Spring cleaning! Your table looks lovely. Very cute jars. Love the egg tree also.

Alicia said...

ME ENCANTAN ESTAS LUCES!!!
PRECIOSAS.
SALUDITOS

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Your table is stunning and so is your pretty Mother. Love
your quilt under the topper, such a wonderful color.
Love how you dolled up things with the stickers, I like
to do that too at times. Nice that your Easter tree is lighted, makes it look all the prettier. Lil darling and I did mine but it doesn't light up, but it is on a shelf in
the etagere' and it's lighted so that helps.
Have a great rest of the week hon, and thanks for dropping
by this week.
Blessings, Nellie

ellen b. said...

I do see why your dining room is a favorite. Love the window and the views out of it, too. Your mom looks great! Enjoyed seeing your Spring projects.

Linda said...

I love your decorations and your beautiful dining room table! Your mother is precious!
What a great idea in The thankful jars! I’m going to make some of those with the quads this summer. Now that they are in school, I miss our weekly Quad Days.....