Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Enjoying some R&R

Written by Sue, Saturday, July 27, 2019,    sunny, low heat and humidity, very pleasant temps'  80's
This week is coming to an end on a very pleasant 🎵. As I am winding down with my preserving of garden veggies, I find that I have more R&R time, and to begin/complete other projects.
Today is one of my R&R days, I am sitting in the swing, writing this post while  listening to the fountain, 

Playing hide and seek with this little guy, my plans are to stay here as long as the weather permits
Am I being lazy or what?

It has also been a week of waiting for delivery, and repairs of appliances, so far I am enjoying my new washer and dryer, just taking a little getting used to computerized models! We bought larger W/D so that I could wash the bed linens, i.e. blankets/bedspreads/pillows. they take up more space than what I had anticipated, but I think it will be worth it.  I am 5ft7", and  have to reach way down into the washer as it has a deep tub.~wink~

The shelf broke on the vegetable bin  in the refrigerator that we bought several months ago, I could hardly believe that even though we bought an extended warranty, they say it is considered a cosmetic repair... we'll just see about that. ~wink~ Anyhoo a part has been ordered.

Other projects completed this week were cleaning, organizing master closet, washing and ironing lots of clothes from said closet. Do you do much ironing? I love a wrinkle free shirt/blouse that has been ironed with creases on the sleeves, (a little quirk of mine), I am happy that this task is completed, I have found that I can do a lot of thinking/meditating while ironing. 
I made and canned tomato/meat sauce yesterday,16 pts., I haven't done this in a while, my kids and grandkids love my sauce, we will be mailing packages real soon. Here is the link https://peartreelanefarmhouse.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-promise-is-promise.html if you want to see how I made it.


 I am so thankful for the relief of the extreme heat, hope you are enjoying pleasant days too, it has been a very long heat wave. 
Have a blessed day,
Sue

p.s. To all who visit thank you very much, i cherish your friendship

19 comments:

Vee said...

You may be surprised to know that the heat is in the 90s here and very humid so, for today anyway, I have you beat. I am glad that you folks get a reprieve every now and then. You certainly deserve one!

A cosmetic issue? I can not abide these manufacturer’s shenanigans. I had a major battle when my less than a year old fridge broke down completely and they wouldn’t repair it. I took it to the state attorney general and they definitely did repair it for the amount specified. I did not, however, get the cost of groceries lost in both fridge and freezer. Should have fought a little harder, Then, because I felt so guilty about how wrathy I became, I donated the funds to a charitable cause. Oh well...someday, I’ll learn the old be angry and sin not lesson. I certainly hope that you folks prevail.

Enjoy the weekend and all the putting up. Your family is blessed to have you!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Seeing the rows of home canned foods grow bigger and bigger is one of the best feelings! Almost makes the heat and humidity of summer worth it.

Blessings~

NanaDiana said...

You have been a busy girlie! Honestly, I like to iron. I get a great sense of satisfaction out of doing it...especially pillowcases and linens. Hubby's grandmother once told me that THEY used those sleeve boards so as to NOT have creases in their sleeve. In the early days that is what the 'upper class' did. Personally, I love to see creases in the sleeves-it means that someone has taken the time to iron it. I used to even iron my kids' Tshirts. lol
Appliance woes drive me crazy. xo Diana

Pam Richardson said...

Sue, you deserve a little rest and relaxation after all you have accomplished. The meat sauce looks delicious! Blessings~

living from glory to glory said...

Oh, I love to iron!! I had my sister asked me why do you love to iron so much? I told her it was the only thing I could control LOL And we all need to take time to rest... Your new machines are beautiful!! And your canned tomato sauce I know is just delicious...

Happy Summer... Loved the sunset photo
Hugs, Roxy

Theresa said...

Oh girl, you deserve a break. That’s a lot of work. I was raised on a farm and my Mama spent much of her time in the Summer canning and freezing the fresh veggies for the Winter. Sweet memories in my heart and mind of sitting under the oak tree, shucking corn and shelling peas. Wish I could go back for some times like that. Anyway, enjoy some rest, well deserved. HUGS

ellen b. said...

Happy to hear you have a little heat reprieve and that you chose to have some R & R sitting and listening and writing. Your meat sauce looks so good! Those packages will be a welcome sight for sure. Happy new week to you.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You my, you certainly deserve a break!! Your sauce looks wonderful, and your family will love receiving it, Sue! It will be a gift of love from your kitchen. ❤️

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful to be canning things. I've never tried. Love the new washer and dryer. That's crazy about refrigerator drawer. Good job on the closet too. Enjoy your R & R.

Mrs.T said...

A cosmetic issue indeed! Ridiculous.

So happy, though, Sue, that you get a little R&R. I could use some of that myself especially on this hot humid day. (Oh -- I just felt a breeze. Wonderful!) I have mostly desk tasks (and laundry) planned for today, so guess in a sense that is R&R. You have worked so hard with the canning, you need a break for sure and I am glad you are getting one.

Shug said...

I love seeing all those jars of sauce. Your recipe looks so good and I would love to try making this, but.....BUT, I'm too scared to use a pressure cooker. Isn't that crazy? I know a lady here in our small town that uses hers all the time....I just need to get courage! I think you deserve some good R&R. I know it sure makes you proud to see the fruits of your labor...and it gets even better when your kiddos brag on the sauce..

Cheryl said...

A little R&R is good for everyone! The lower heat and humidity is such a welcome relief. Even though I know it's temporary, I'm still going to soak it in while it lasts.

I iron my linens . . . cloth napkins, tablecloths . . . and occasionally a shirt or two. There is something very satisfying about ironing!

Your meat sauce looks delicious! Those who receive those as gifts must feel very special!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Your deep washing machine sounds wonderful. I am sorry about your broken shelf for the veggie drawer. That does not seem cosmetic to me. Your canned meat suace looks wonderful! Nancy

Dianna said...

You've made a pleasant place to enjoy your day of R&R. Wish I could taste your sauce, it looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Sue, I am so late in commenting. I have been away and am so behind in everything. I am back anew and look forward to catching up! I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Jocelyn said...

R & R is always good for the body and the soul. Enjoy your time.

Christine said...

Oh, how I do love visiting, The Farm!
The busyness and rewards are wonderful to see.
How precious those gift packages, must be, to all those who receive them.

wisps of words said...

No ironing here!

Only a nice shirt, for my husband to wear to Rotary Luncheon weekly.

I gave up ironing a long time ago. :-)))))) Because I do not like doing it.

I use Marie Kondo's folding method, and everything goes neatly in drawers. And if there are wrinkles, they simply stay. ,-)

Yes, I am "naughty" that way. :-)))))

✨🍑✨

wisps of words said...

Do you see that comment, before mine????

All foreign and all click-able links.

I am very wary of such. And would Delete it forever.

Before some of your Dear Readers click on one of those links, and go to....who knows what kind of a site.

Just saying...

✨🍑✨