Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Pretty as a peach, and just as sweet~

Written by Sue, Monday,August 5, 2019   sunny, hot, humid, 90's  maybe some showers this evening.

The repairman came back to fix the refrigerator  this morning, discovered he had ordered the wrong part, so that means another trip back this week. I am happy it didn't have anything to do with the refrigerator cooling. One great thing about this repair is,.. I took the time to clean the fridge, inside, outside, underneath and behind. That is one of my fall projects taken care of.

I thought I was almost finished with canning, that is, until I found these gorgeous peaches on sale, just could't resist. So so sweet and juicy!
9 pts. I was pleased with how they turned out, I will make hand pies to put in the freezer with the remaining peaches.
Do you like surprises? Both Mr P. and I  received some beautiful, fragrant, handmade soaps in the mail from one of our sons and daughter-in-love last week, we are so enjoying them. Smells heavenly,(pun intended!}~wink~
I also tried a new pickle recipe, (pickled okra), it passed my official food tester(Mr P.) with flying colors, he suggested I make a few more jars, so I guess the ole' canner will have to wait awhile before retiring for the year.~wink~ So easy peasy! This is one vegetable that you either love it or hate it, no in-between! We love it!
I posted a few weeks ago of gathering the garlic, it had dried and was ready to be cleaned and put in stockings to be hung up for using, and giving, I will be mailing some to family soon with other goodies. Some of these garlic bulbs will be used for replanting this fall. For now, they are hanging in a dark, cool  closet. When I need one all I do is clip the bottom bulb, below the knot.


I apologize for always posting about canning, and preserving, but this is my life in the summer, I get so much enjoyment out of growing and preserving food for my family and friends.  

When dear daughter came by last evening, she took home fresh eggs from the hens, a stocking full of garlic, a jar of pickled okra, a loaf of bread that I had bought, BOGO!

 Mr P and I received a big hug , a kiss, a big "thank you,"and an "Awww, you are so cute mother." And that makes everything worth while. ~smile~ 
Have a blessed evening, 
XOXO
Sue




18 comments:

Aritha V. said...

What a nice handmade soaps! Love the text :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is funny how things like that make us clean things up!!! Glad it doesn't involve the cooling system. Way to go on canning. Wow, what a lovely collection of soaps. Very interesting on the Okra. The garlic looks great too. I love your canning posts! Lucky daughter picking up those items.

Mrs.T said...

What a sweet response from your daughter! And those peaches look so good! One can almost taste the peach juice dripping down one's chin.

And good for you getting those fridge tasks completed. What a blessing to have a fall chore all taken care of while it's only August!

Vee said...

🍑Your daughter’s comment made me grin. I am always happy reading whatever you write so no need for apologies.

happyone said...

That is some great looking soap!

Oh what I wouldn't give to have my daughter say anything at all to me!!
You are blessed!

Lots a great looking garlic. We use quite a lot of it around here.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love pickled okra and yours looks delicious. I'm sure you daughter was more than thrilled with her "take." Have a great week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love hearing about your canning and household things! It makes me glad we are friends and wish I was next door to share some of those fresh peaches! heehee! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sue, I am so glad you stopped by. I'm your newest follower! :-)

Those peaches are beautiful. I've not made hand pies before but I do love big peach pies! And I never tire of reading about canning and gardens. xo

Debbie Harris said...

You have been one very busy lady and it all looks so beautiful!
I'm behind in my visits, so I've gone back to do some catching up, lovely posts you have shared.
Those peaches look perfect, both in the bowl and canned.
When my dad was alive I would can peaches for him, but I haven't been able to do it since he went home to be with the Lord. Maybe this year as our peaches have just come out.
I'm sure your daughter loved her gifts and she has a sweet heart loving on her mama.

So nice to visit with you and see your beauty ♡

LV said...

Thanks so much for taking your time to drop by my blog. I appreciated it. You are enjoying the life I had many years ago. Nothing better than fresh grown fruit and veggies. I love fried pies. My mother made the best.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

There is so much satisfaction in preserving (and then eating) your own food. Those are beautiful soaps! -Jenn

Theresa said...

I wish I lived next door:) Your canning stories and pictures take me back to my childhood. It is a lot of hard work but so rewarding when you get to enjoy all of those veggies in the Winter. Pretty peaches, YUM! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a sweet comment from your darling daughter! I know she appreciates all your canning and preserving, and gifts from your kitchen. Those soaps look lovely, Sue! What a wonderful gift to receive in the mail.

Christine said...

I'd work for hugs and kisses, too!
And as far as always posting about what you do. it's so much fun to see your rewards. This world is so manufactured and cold, to see the richness of homemade is so appealing. It's so peachy, pun intended.

From The Heart said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.I am happy to find you on blogland.
I used to can every summer...that is how we spent a lot of our vacation time. We would go home to Ga to see my family, and then come home and can beans! My Hubby is no longer able to work a garden, so that is a thing of the past for us. There is nothing better than home grown!
Blessings,
Shirley

Betty said...

You have been so busy and those peaches sure do look great. I love soaps and candles and the soap looks so interesting.

Carole said...

Those peaches! You have inspired me to plan some preserves! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

wisps of words said...

Why not post about what is going on? :-)

It lets Dear Readers get to know us better.

And what a Dear, Dear Daughter!

✨🍑✨