Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Thankful Thursday

These are the two angels who prayed for us,aren't they adorable?


What a busy and unusual week this has been, it also has been a faith affirming week.
I am thankful today for family and friends, that will take the time to encourage and pray with me over different circumstances that happen to be going on in my life.

You see, Tuesday we lost one of our brood cows who was four weeks away from delivery, it is a very hard thing to see one of your animals sick and not be able to make them well, especially when you do all that you know to do to help them. Even the Vet. could not save her.

The next night while sleeping in a safe bed, someone walks onto our property, from behind a locked gate, and steals our very special dog, Maggie. She was only four months old, and was one of the sweetest dogs we have ever had. Our hearts are broken, she was my dear husbands pal. When he drove the farm truck, she was with him.

Last evening I was sitting with dh and we were still grieving over our losses this week, the telephone rings. Daughter, Susan was calling as she does each evening, and you know how it is when you hear the voice on the other end of the telephone, if you are crying softly, you will begin to sob, and that is what I did.

She lives over two thousand miles away, so she could not jump in her car and run over to give comfort. The granddaughters were sitting beside her and heard of our sorrow, and wanted to talk.

After finding out the details through my sobs, they asked if they could pray for us.You should have heard those heartfelt prayers. Their Papa and Grandma needed some encouragement. Susan and both girls prayed, We were immediately comforted, and touched by their prayers.

What we found so amazing was that they each prayed not only for us, but for the thieves also. I had not prayed for them, because of being so hurt, and angry. But was reminded of what Jesus taught us in Matthew 5: 44,45~"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,... "that you my be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
I also got a call from my dear Mother and sister, Mary who are also praying.

And now dear friends I ask for your prayers as well, not only for us, but for the ones who did this. I am asking God to touch their hearts and to set them free. I am also asking the Lord to make them so unhappy that they will bring Maggie home.

I try and make my blog happy, but if I am going to journal about my life, then I have to up front and honest about everything. Thank you for taking the time to read, and pray.

Blessings and hugs,
Sue

13 comments:

Barb said...

Sue, I am so sorry for your losses - it's so hard to lose our little furry friends, they are like family to us.

Your little granddaughters are indeed, beautiful angels! You can tell they have been taught by goodly parents and grandparents. The scripture was perfect, and one of my favorite, mostly because it is one of the hardest to think about and live.

I hope your week gets better - I will be praying for ALL of you.

Warm hugs,

Barb

♥ Kathy said...

I will certainly pray for you dear Sue. I am so sad and sorry that you lost two of your babies (that's what they are to me and I know to you too). I hope Maggie gets brought back home! Your granddaughters are precious. Big hugs, Kathy

Farm Girl said...

Oh Sue, I am so sorry for the loss of your dog, but I will be praying for the thieves as well as you and your husband. I am so thankful that you shared with us your trial. I will be praying and you know where two or more are gathered Jesus is in our midst. I wish I could just drop in and give you a giant hug. With people praying as James says, :The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." Your granddaughters are so beautiful.
I loved that your daughter could pray for you in your time of need,
how special that is.
I am glad that you are still having a "Thankful Thursday."
Much, much love from me to you,
Sue,

Kim

Cheryl said...

Oh, I am so sad to read of the loss of your dear animals. They can certainly claim a place in our hearts, can't they?
And then how precious to read on and hear of your granddaughters who prayed with you...so heartwarming! (And I agree that they are beautiful!)
May our Lord continue to bring you comfort...

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. Sometimes blogging about things like this helps. My prayers are with you. blessings,Kathleen

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a very touching post, Sue. I am so moved how your small grand daughters were instantly called to prayer...that is so touching and a blessed reminder to all of us to go to prayer in everything we do.

Thank you so much for sharing from the heart and thanks too for visiting my blog. I have signed up to follow your sweet "Pear Tree Lane" too!

Fondly, Carrie

Farm Girl said...

I just wanted you to know I am praying for you and your husband. I am thinking of your today.
Love,
Kim

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

How VERY sweet that your daughter calls you every evening! That is quite a blessing indeed! I don't hear from my kids nearly as often and they all only live about 20 minutes away!

Beautiful little "angels" in your picture!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

myletterstoemily said...

dear sue,

what a terrible loss for you! we love
our little dog and can imagine your
heartache.

but what darling little angel you have
to pray so sweetly for not only you but
the thief, one who might someday be
with Him in paradise.

blessings,
lea

Judy said...

So sorry to hear of your losses this past week. How special to have those sweet granddaughters praying for you. May Maggie soon be back where she belongs!

Hugs and prayers.

Farm Girl said...

Dear Sue, I am worried about you. I know that there have been tornadoes and rain lots of rain on your side of the country and I just wanted you to know I am praying for you and still praying for Maggie. I hope everything is okay and you are staying off the computer because of lighting and storms. I just wanted you to know I am thinking and praying for you.
I hope all is well.
Giant hug from me to you,
Love,
Kim

Farm Girl said...

Hi Sue, just taking a break so I thought I would drop over and chat. I have always loved Ruth Graham and have read everything her kids wrote too and I have read all of Anne's books as well. I am glad you had a healthy calf this week. I was praying for encouragement for you. You are such a dear person to me and such a blessing. It has been a good week It sounds like it has been with you too. I hope you have joyful Easter. I have my juice and bread so when all of the kids come over we can celebrate communion with them. I do love Easter so much.
When I was a new Christian we attended a church with lots of old saints. The pastor would wash feet at the alter but the thing I love most was the greetings, one man would say, " Christ has risen" the person who he was greeting would then answer, " He has risen indeed." I always loved it.

I know it is hard to blog everyday. But keep blogging, it really does bless people, and sometimes they don't leave comments. You have such a gentle spirit and you have such grace in your posts, just use it to bring glory to God. Your life really is very interesting. I do have to ask you about your picture of buckets of blueberries, Did you grow those? Do blueberry bushes get that big?
I have prattled on long enough, just wanted to stop by and say hi and glad you are doing okay.

Love,
Kim

Terra said...

That is very bold and correct to pray for the thieves too, and difficult to do. I am sorry to hear of your cow and your dog, will the dog possibly come back somehow?