Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

This is what I did today.....
I took this photo yesterday, butterflies are one of the most beautiful creatures that God created.God knows that I enjoy them so much, therefore he fills my flower beds with lots and lots of them.(click to enlarge photo )
I walked  first thing this morning, as our mornings have become cooler, or should I say bearable. There was for a while I could hardly take the heat even when I walked really early. This change is a sure sign that fall is coming soon!! Yea!! I can also see some of the leaves  beginning to change their colors. 


After I walk I always treat myself to some alone time with the Lord, I will go and sit by the pond with my Bible and journal in hand. This is the most precious time of day for me. I get to sit and  commune with the One who makes my life worth while.

Psalm 63:1~ O God, thou art my God;early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is:


Our pond is pretty well stocked with catfish,brim, bass and who knows what else lurks beneath these waters. These catfish are very large, it was like watching a bunch of sharks run around. LOL
I took these pictures yesterday,aren't they the cutest. They entertain us so much.




I am still working on making "Apple Butter", this week I hope to finish the apples and start on the grapes.You might ask Why? make so much "Apple Butter." My mother has a widow's group and at Christmas time she gives each of them a "goodies bag" loaded with homemade goodies. I try and make different jams and jellies for her to give. I also give them to friends and family too, they make really nice gifts.


Tomorrow I will make applesauce! Needless to say I am anxious to get the fruits done so I can get to my fall cleaning, and  put up my fall decorations. I have been thinking about cheating and going ahead and putting  the decorations up and then cleaning. This goes totally against my nature. LOL I will admit to being  behind with my housework with all the traveling and company this summer. But it was all worthwhile,I really miss being with our children and grandchildren.


Nothing very exciting happened today, just busy, busy, busy. lol.


I want to thank each of you who stop by and take the time to read these meager words of mine and for taking the time to leave a comment. May God bless and keep you in His loving care.
Hugs,
Sue

11 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Hi Sue, I have missed our chats, so glad you are getting caught up. I love that you have that nice quiet time down at your pond, and those catfish are huge! I am glad you have had a nice summer and I think it is so nice that you make all that you do to give to your Mom so she can give it to others. That is so sweet and kind. You know how Paul is often coupled with Barnabas. Barnabas means encouragement. That is what He was to Paul a source of encouragement. That is what you are to me and I know you are to lots and lots of other people.
So thankful for you and I do hope you have a wonderfully cool fall since you didn't get much of a spring, straight into summer.
We will have 100-108 all this week, each day just a bit hotter, but by Sunday, the high will be 79 isn't that just weird?
Thanks for leaving your very sweet notes, and I look forward to reading about all that you do.
Blessings.

Cheryl said...

I am itching to get my fall decorations out too! Autumn is a glorious time of year!
Thanks for taking us with you on your morning walk...
These words are so beautiful..."I get to sit and commune with the One who makes my life worth while."

Linda Stubbs said...

Thank you sooooo for coming over and leaving a comment! I love your pictures today. We have 6 big ducks and 8 little ones that one momma hatched. We still have the mom and babies protected in a cage. I love their little squeaks!

I love to make homemade applesauce. We have afamily that said we can come pick some........oh..how I wish we had time to do that.

Well, I will be back. I love visiting you! You are a kindred spirit, I can tell!
Blessings and hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I also love fall, this is my favorite time of the year, I to wanted to start getting out the fall decorations, I have been doing some fall cleaning, I have one 2 more rooms to tackle. Then I told my self as soon as labor day is over I am going to start getting it out. I was in walmart a few days ago. They already started pulling out their stuff. Can't wait.


Love and prayers,

Angie

mum4305 said...

Welcome back, I missed your posts. Glad you enjoyed your summer.

Sunny said...

Hi Sue, good to see you posting again! BTW, that laundry soap recipe works just fine. Thanks!!

Elena said...

I love butterflies too! Those catfish are amazing. Looks like you have good fishing at your pond:) Bless you dear sister in all that you do! Hugs, Elena

Bonnie said...

Your butterfly picture is beautiful as well as your side bar shots of your garden and farm animals.

Yes, We are so blessed as He cares for us during the night and His mercies are new every morning. What a delight to fellowship with Him.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue...I love your "meager" words...they're wonderful words and I always feel good after visiting, too!!! Hmm..applebutter is yummy and I love it on top of a toasted English muffin...slathered in butter...and then applebutter :) :) I think those homemade goodie baskets that your mom makes for the widow's club is super sweet!!! She's remember those who are now "single"...and that's so wonderful...what a great ministry. I'm not a widow..never been married..not yet anyway :) :)...and I remember one Valentine's Day...a friend stopped by my home and surprised me with a Valentine's Day gift of a super huge coffeee mug with hearts, some cocoa etc...because she said single people need remembering on Valentine's Day...and this gesture that your mom does for all those people reminded me of that..This is great!!!!

You always make me smile...and I'm blessed that you have extended the hand of friendship towards me :)_ :) :) Have a lovely week, Sue...Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :)

p.s. I've seen giant catfish before..they do look like giant sharks with whiskers :) :)

Warren Baldwin said...

Which blog do you consider your main one?

Farm Girl said...

Just checking in, thanks but I will pass on the apples, I am tired of canning and after the honey, tired of farming. :) I would love to sit and visit and get caught up with everything. I am glad we both have had a break from the heat, I really hope that the last heat wave from California doesn't come your way.
It was nice to have a chance to even get cold today.
I hope you have a lovely Sunday. I hope it is a good day of rest for you.