Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

My day.....
Written by Sue.


 DH and I read a chapter in Proverbs each  day beginning on the first day of the month. I have decided to go a little further in my personal devotion and find a verse in the chapter that really speaks to my heart.


 I wrote it on the card with my to do list and carried it with me as I did my work all the while memorizing it. My verse for today is this....Proverbs 1:33~But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil. I really like this verse because my heart's desire is to listen to the voice of God, and to do what His Word says....


After devotions I started my laundry, made the bed,cleaned the bathrooms, watered houseplants, and straighten the house. I stepped outside on the porch for just a moment to bask in the sunshine as it was so beautiful today, and when I reached for the door knob to go back in I noticed a job that I have been wanting to get done  for months, I said' today is the day!"
Ugly huh? I really didn't think I would be able to do anything with it, but remembered that my dad used Brasso on his military pins when they needed cleaning, and many times helped him shine his pins and buttons. I  found some in the cabinet that was really old, but decided to try anyway. After applying and  a lot of rubbing and more rubbing this is the result....
Not bad huh?  I am so pleased with the result. It took a lot of trips out on the porch to get this.  I even had time to clean the screened porch today. I might try some newer cleaner, as Miss perfect wants it perfect. lol


When we started finishing the porch I suspended my walking as I was working very long days, and since it is now finished I have no excuse to not exercise.


 So last Friday I started again, and today I tried to talk myself out of walking, because I was a little tired, but the phone rang and guess who was calling, My coach aka dh,reminding that if I was going to walk I might want to before it got to cool. So I put my tennis shoes on and here I went. Got 2 miles done. Yea! 

So how was your day? Hope you had a great one!
Hugs,
 Sue

10 comments:

Jenni said...

Congrats on the various things you have begun today!
The door handle looks new, and the walking is going to really pay off health - wise for you! (Now, I need to start doing that too...)

I'm excited the most about your Scripture memorization, though! Good for you! Isn't God's Word so beautiful?

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,
I have been on both your blogs and enjoy both. I don't know if anyone else is having technical blog issues, but from my computer, and I also went onto my sons computer, it appears that a few pictures from each of your blogs are not loading.

On my computer some of your pics appears as a white box with a ? inside, and something similar appears from my sons computer. Lastly, your picture that appears on my blog in my comments section, and friend section, no longer shows your pic., only a ?, or a colored cube.

Anyway, I just thought I would let you know incase there is a technical error, and of course I would rather see your face than a ? on my post :o)
Blessings,---Michele Katherine

Elena said...

Wow, you door knob looks great. I had a shine up project and few years ago when we moved into this house. The peddles on my piano are brass and looked so sad, but I was so happy after I got them all shined up! I am so thankful that is what the Lord does for us. Makes of shine for him. Blessings to you today sweet sister! Love, Elena

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day. I always feel such a sense of satisfaction to be able to complete a task that has been needing attention for awhile.
I wish I would have read this post several months ago. We replaced a couple of brass door knobs because they looked much like your before picture. I wasn't familiar with Brasso, but will keep it in mind from now on.

Sunny said...

My fave books of the Bible are Psalms, Proverbs and Ephesians and Phillipians.... and many others, lol. At one time I had read the Prov. regularly and then another scripture too. But I have gotten out of the habit of doing bothin the same day Maybe its time for me to put that old habit back into practise...Thanks for your post

Farm Girl said...

As always I wish I could be there with you but it is just as nice just reading you. I would get a bunch more walking in if I was walking along with you. I liked your verse that you are memorizing today. I think memorizing is the best thing ever I can do for my mind.
Your door looks wonderful. I think I need to do that too mine is looking a bit tarnished. So glad you are having nicer weather than you did for the summer.
As always Sue, you brighten my day.
Have a lovely week.

♥ Kathy said...

I need to start walking again. We've just been so busy lately that I've pushed it away.

Trish said...

Hi Sue, The door-handle came up great! Congratulations on all you achieved. Well done ! blessings.Trish

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like new. What a difference a little elbow grease can make. Brasso huh? Hmmm...need to get some too.

Thank you for stopping by and keep up the good work with the walking. I have one of those coaches too and I've let him down a lot lately. =D

Blessings.

Sunny said...

Sue, you are just so industrious :)I do enjoy your posts! Had to read this one again and comment for the 2nd time, lol!