Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Guess who got a haircut today?
Written by Sue, Tuesday January 18, 2011
Moi!! 
Do you like? Hubby did, he said I looked 15 yrs younger,.... well I think I will go back tomorrow!
Guess what came... by UPS today, I love to see that little brown van coming down my driveway, cause I know he is bringing me some goodies!
My FoodSaver is finally here... if you don't have one of these please get one. It is the best for keeping your foods so fresh and for a very long time. This is the  second one that I have had, they certainly have improved since I bought my first one ten years ago. Now.... let me see what can I put in the freezer? I am sure I will be sharing a lot about my new toy.

Didn't get a lot of house work done today as I got a late start, and I had the haircut, but that is okay, I will begin tomorrow. I did get my 2.5 miles today..15 miles in 6 days.

Last night  when we went to bed, I asked dh if he would remind me of my appt. today, I have been known to forget overnight. lol As I was walking I looked at my dh and he said "you have an appt. and you might  be late." I said "it's okay" and kept walking, when I came back around where he was at, he was making all kinds of motion with his hands and tapping on his watch, "it is 2:15."He is a stickler for being on time, I am too, but will push the limit. lol I shook my head in agreement and kept walking. I'm thinking "thank you Lord for sending me such a caring husband." I am also thinking how he and I balance each other out.
The temps were in the 50's and to me it was enough to work up a sweat, I like to sweat when I walk, I know it is doing me so much good. lol
Hope your day was filled with many blessings.
Hugs,
Sue

10 comments:

Trish said...

Sue, I think you look fabulous!!
LOVE your new hairstyle - it suits you very well indeed :-)
blessings..Trish

Cheryl said...

Fabulous haircut! :-)

Farm Girl said...

I love your haircut, it is really cute. Love this post so glad your walking is doing so good. I have always wanted a food saver but have never got one. I always thought they would be quite handy. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Jenni said...

You go Girl, with all of that healthy walking! And I LOVE the U.S Flag T - shirt....

Ps. Your dh def. sounds like a "keeper"

Have a happy day, Jenni

Anonymous said...

The hair cut/style is perfect for you. I've always been curious about the food saver. Thanks for sharing.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, so cute, Sue! You have such pretty blond hair and the cut is perfect.


A Food Saver... sounds nice :)

Carol said...

Great new hair style! You're hubby sounds like a great guy!

Smiles,
Carol

Lady Farmer said...

Hi Sue!
I got my hair *trimmed*, too! I was going to have it cut in a style like yours (mine is long) but since it is still cold here, I will wait for the cut when the weather warms up. I figured it has taken me a long time to get it this length and I am old enough that I probably wont get it this long again, so I will wait a little longer! ;~P
How great that you are walking everyday! I had stopped with the short days, but it is staying light longer and now back to my walking soon! In the meantime, I got and X-box for Christmas and have been using it for exercise ~ fun, fun, fun!
Blessings!

Elena said...

Your haircut is very cute. Yes, we have a food saver and we love it for freezing things that we need to keep for a long time. It works so great! Your walking sounds so good. I am taking Mary to the mall today and I'll be doing some walking:)

A Hint of Home said...

Love your haircut! You look adorable as usual.
You're an encouragement to me.
Hugs!